IGNORED

It's time to act like men

Maggie Mae

So much WTF, so little time. My grandmother encountered sheep and the occasional fox for most of her natural life. She actually had to hike every day to get to the herd so her family could, you know, EAT. She also had to hike to bring fresh water into her home for her first 65 years. She got chased by a 3000 lb angry sow, had to carry her supplies on her back the time the donkey went lame, and gave birth at home. She never preened, bragged, or thought she was taking dominion over anything.

Sorry boys, you couldn't even survive on the level of rural women 75 years ago. You are all, of course, still tools. No one will ever be able to take that away from you. :evil-eye:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any description of the polar bear hunt? I am hoping that weren't actually able to arrange this cruel little demonstration of their toolishness.

Well...these sheep are a little bit scarier, but...yeah, not much.

post-92-14451998177151_thumb.jpg

Is there any description of the polar bear hunt? I am hoping that weren't actually able to arrange this cruel little demonstration of their toolishness.

I was wondering the same thing. Well, I'm really hoping they didn't do it because they finally realized it was wrong, but I'm sure that's not remotely possible. I'm guessing that they didn't actually murder a polar bear because Doug Phillips Is a Tool wasn't there to prove his dominion over beast (and environmentalist alike) in some over-posed, he-man photo ops.

My internal theme song for Doug Is a Tool Phillips is "I Am What I AM" from La Cage Au Folles." Sadly, that will only ever be in my mind because it's an anthem for everything Doug Is A Tool Phillips and his ilk reject.

I was wondering the same thing. Well, I'm really hoping they didn't do it because they finally realized it was wrong, but I'm sure that's not remotely possible. I'm guessing that they didn't actually murder a polar bear because Doug Phillips Is a Tool wasn't there to prove his dominion over beast (and environmentalist alike) in some over-posed, he-man photo ops.

My internal theme song for Doug Is a Tool Phillips is "I Am What I AM" from La Cage Au Folles." Sadly, that will only ever be in my mind because it's an anthem for everything Doug Is A Tool Phillips and his ilk reject.

That was supposed to happen in Canada and it looks like they are still raising money for it.

"In just. Seven. Days. I can make you a Maa-a-a-a-aaaan!"

I can just see Dougie (the tool) dressed up in the Frankefurter corset and garter belt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was perusing the blog just yesterday and noticed that they're shilling for some fresh INTERN meat for The :music-tool::music-tool: I think there's still time to apply!!!!11eleventy

How many of these dominionist risky trips have actually occurred? I have a hard time believing that they are going to find enough men and boys to fill all 15 planned manly romps.

For the love of god, someone PLEASE send their blogger on a hazardous journey to a writing seminar. The courageous soul can conquer comma splices, discover how to write provocative yet intelligent imagery, and be humbled by the sheer power of the English language.

Losers like Doug Phillips (is a tool) have to embellish everything to convince themselves they aren't really the sort of A-holes they know they are deep in their twisted, controlling, sadistic souls.

So... they... climbed half a mountain and then what? They did some push ups (last picture)?

Because nothing says "I'm a man" like doing push ups half way up the hill.

Good thing they didn't get attacked by any sheep. I hear sheep don't like men doing pushups on their food.

How does their effort glorify God?

Anybody?

They are taking dominion over the sheep they ran from, the grass they did push-ups on, and the rocks on which they stubbed their toes, all in a manly manner. For THE LORD, of course.

...er...I've got nothing.

Hi Google! Just reminding you that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Anybody?

The fees they charge make enough profit that they can continue to fund their businesses,and about glorifying God via a sort of Civil War era version of the Society for Creative anachronism..... Surely you recognize how much God loved and was glorified by the Godly traditions of antebellem southerners. (Not to mention, uniforms with braid-- and swords!) So, money in the Toolbox = glory for God.

They spend a lot of time watching men and admiring men who act like men, so they want to act like men too! (I guess.)

Anybody?

It doesn't. It glorifies Dougie, which is the whole point!

Does anyone else think that the wives, mothers and sisters of these poseurs heave sighs of relief the minute their cars turn a corner and are out of sight? After all as long as they're on a "manly expedition" they can't hang around getting underfoot and trying to fill quivers yet again.

In the middle of our 5-mile ascent, one man found himself paralyzed as he traversed a rock-laden 45-degree slope on the banks of a rushing river which swept away everything in its path. In the midst of this challenge, this man’s son removed his father’s pack, took away a great burden, and helped him get past the danger. Both father and son realized a victory—a son taking upon himself the yoke of his father, and a father receiving the aid of his son.

So, do we think this was Dougie? :whistle:

our local host and guide was Preston Cavner of the noteworthy Alaskan guiding company, Cavner and Julian, and future HJS expedition leader to Kazakhstan.

...really? Sorry guys, I think Sacha Baron Cohen already made a satirical documentary about Kazakhstan. And Borat is much more manly and culturally sensitive than Doug Phillips is a tool :lol:

They encountered some sheep!? Wow, how exotic :lol:

These guys must realise how ridiculous they look. Maybe this is all performance art. I mean, you never know, right?

Sheep!!! In Dougie's case I'm guessing the sheep was the one who was really scared in this encounter. Vision Forum- where men are men and sheep are scared.

They encountered some sheep!? Wow, how exotic :lol:

These guys must realise how ridiculous they look. Maybe this is all performance art. I mean, you never know, right?

If only. I think they're dead serious, with not a hint of irony or humour among all of them combined. They seem to have no--and I do mean no awareness of how inappropriate some of the things they say and do are. They're absolutely convinced that they're doing [link=]Doug Phillips who is a tool's[/link] God's work, and that those heathens unaffiliated with VF are too ignorant, jealous, sinful and/or female to appreciate it.

They're a never-ending source for snark. Enjoy!

I haven't laughed so much in days. My mother is telling me to be kind to those poor people, because they probably don't have many friends.

I think they need editors on the web site.

"

Receive Training, Experience, and Encouragement

Be exposed and equipped with a fuller understanding of our role in being a risk-taking, man-building, and dominion-minded men who are willing to see God be glorified in all areas of life, including His created world.

"

I enjoy the "man-building, and dominion-minded men." Let's build a man! Let's build it, let's build it now! (Melody stolen from kids' show WordWorld.)

*snerk* "Exposed"! And "Equipped"! [/12-year-old boy]

BE A MAN

We must be swift as a coursing river

BE A MAN

With all the force of a great typhoon

BE A MAN

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

FWIW, I think they mean a wild species, the Dall sheep. However, they aren't dangerous. They look at you from a safe distance away and then they bound up the mountain to get further away, because they are a highly prized trophy species.

Bear encounters, naturally, are more tense. But since they didn't describe their manly dominion-taking over the encounter with the bear in their report about the Outback, I suspect that binoculars were involved.

As for the fox--what kind of absolute greenhorn do you have to be to be astonished at seeing a fox? They live all over suburbia!

ETA: Hey, wait a minute: They made a "5-mile ascent" and hiked "4,000 vertical feet." A 5-mile hike that covers less than a mile of vertical distance? That's it?

And also: get your big waffle stompers back on the trail and quit ripping up the tundra, you yahoos! The damage from your manly stunt won't grow back for years!

BE A MAN

We must be swift as a coursing river

BE A MAN

With all the force of a great typhoon

BE A MAN

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

I read the whole thread with this song in my head, waiting for someone to reference it...

I get excited when I see Dall Sheep, but not frightened or anything. I just think they are cool, and I don't see them very often.

Side note: I was once asked by a tourist "what's the best time to see the sheep? I hear they like to come out on the side of the Seward highway, and I'd like to see them." As though sheep have some sort of schedule. Now when we drive south down the peninsula we always ask each other "so, what time is the goat show?" And other silly jokes.

I really, really wanted to find the Doug when he was here. Alas, I don't think he spent much time in hedonistic Anchorage. I probably could have figured out what time he would have been at Merrill field for his air taxi, but that would have been creepy.

Is it mean I'm disappointed that he wasn't mauled by a bear? We have several a year, and I'd rather it happen to him than someone I know and care about.

Archived