IGNORED

I need a new series to watch

Mela99

I need to start a new series. What should I watch?

This is my shortlist:

Breaking Bad

Downton Abbey

Walking Dead

The Borgias

The Sopranos

I vote Downton Abbey. You've got three seasons to catch up on and plenty of time to do it, as the new season starts in early January. :D

If you can, maybe give Political Animals a try. It was a six episode limited series that aired on USA last year. It was pretty good.

I started breaking bad got bored with it.

orange is the new black was really good but only one season. watching weeds right now that's one crazy show and you don't know whats going to happen. walking dead was good.

I just got My Big Fat Greek Family, the series. So clearly I have no taste.

Orange is the New Black was awesome. And, sad, because only 13 episodes, and you have to wait for the next season.

So many options for you if you are going through Netflix. I started watching Call the Midwife recently and have enjoyed it. Add me into the people recommending Orange is the New Black and I am excited to see season 2. American Horror Story is good, but if you are prone to nightmares don't watch at night since it is really creepy. Oh and if you haven't seen Bob's Burgers I would recommend it if you have a demented sense of humor. I have Walking Dead in my que one of these days I need to watch it.

So many options for you if you are going through Netflix. I started watching Call the Midwife recently and have enjoyed it. Add me into the people recommending Orange is the New Black and I am excited to see season 2. American Horror Story is good, but if you are prone to nightmares don't watch at night since it is really creepy. Oh and if you haven't seen Bob's Burgers I would recommend it if you have a demented sense of humor. I have Walking Dead in my que one of these days I need to watch it.

Take a look at my icon. My life changed after I discovered Bob's Burgers.

Take a look at my icon. My life changed after I discovered Bob's Burgers.

I cant's believe I missed your icon being from Bob's Burgers :doh:. Oh I started watching United State of Tara last night and it is certainly interesting so far.

An old one, but if you've not seen 6 Feet Under, I recommend it to everyone. For my money it's the best show ever made, by leaps and bounds.

If you like a trashy guilty escapist pleasure, you can't go wrong with Revenge. Season 1 is on Netflix. It just got me through a rough patch a few wks ago.

First two seasons of The Killing.

Scandal if you like political intrigue.

Homeland if you like spy thrillers.

I ve only seen Breaking Bad out of your list and I would strongly recommend it!

There's a new show on TNT that should appeal to the many Investigation Discovery and Law and Order fans out there. It's Cold Justice and it's a reality show where a lawyer and a CSI investigator try to solve cold cases. This week, they looked into the apparent suicide of a woman in Texas who was about to flee after her boyfriend or husband had assaulted her daughter. The daughter had been trying for years to have her mother's case re-opened.

It was comes on TNT Tuesdays at 10 PM after Rizzoli and Isles and repeats air on Saturday morning at 10 before the repeat of Rizzoli and Isles. From the one episode that I saw, it's good and it was gratifying as well to see this young woman get justice for her mom.

Breaking Bad, Call the Midwife, old episodes of Cheers, Orange is the New Black and Bob's Burgers are all getting heavy rotation at our house.

The Walking Dead!!!

I'm watching Lost right now, because I skipped it the first time around, and it's on Netflix. Plus I had a deal with a friend that I'd watch it if she'd watch The Walking Dead. I like it. I'm completely lost most of the time (just like the title says! :lol: ), but I really am enjoying it. So if you were also living under a rock during its run, I recommend it, too.

Grimm is also pretty good.

I want to watch Dr Who but I cannot find a site with links that aren't messed up.

Does your local library have DVDs? I know a lot of Who is on DVD now - all of the new-era series, but also a lot of the older episodes (pre-Nine). Amazon also has some of the recent Who included in the free streaming you get with Prime. If I'm reading their screen right, you can stream all of Nine, Ten, and part of Eleven if you have Prime, plus a fair-size chunk of the pre-Nine Doctors.

I'm watching Breaking Bad with Partner at the moment, and we are both really enjoying it.

The Borgias is really really well done, better than The Tudors (which I also enjoyed) in my opinion. I'm a bit picky about historical dramas, but The Borgias captures its era very very well.

The entirety of NuWho is on Hulu Plus now, if you have that. I was thrilled because there are still a few episodes from the first three seasons I missed.

I just watched the pilot for Sleepy Hollow a few days ago. It was pretty good, nice banter and genuinely creepy in spots. They're doing a take on Revelation with it, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

I love Downton Abbey. Working on the second season right now. I was skeptical going in, but the Dowager Countess won me over.

Downton Abbey is fantastic but give it a few episodes before you decide whether to stay with it or not. It took me and most people I know a few episodes to get into.

If you have Netflix, I'll echo what everyone else is saying and go with Orange is the New Black. It's phenomenal! Somewhat edgy and serious but at the same time uplifting and hilarious. Scandal is also a fun show if you're into political intrigue and drama.

I'm in love with Bomb Girls on Netflix. If you like Call the Midwife you will probably like this WW2 era drama about female artillery workers.

Archived