IGNORED

Leah Remini

blisterine

I think it's important to recognize she left the church, but has not said she no longer believes Scientology works for her. Marty Rathburn left the church, but still believes in the principles of Scientology. And I think I read somewhere that some of the people who have left have formed sort of a church or they have gatherings to support each other and to talk about their religion.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elisabeth Moss was born into COS and her father is some kind of higher up in the church. According to the Scientology Celebrity blog, she is rarely seen at COS events in L.A. But she recently praised Scientology in an interview.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... ientology/

Yeah, I read that as well re: E. Moss. True, I've never heard her talk about it, and one would think that with all her "Mad Men" success that the LA Celebrity Center people must have perstered her to do some cult PR in her interviews.

And yes, her Dad is a COS higher-up and major follower. It's likely that she doesn't want to lose that relashionship, hence she stays and does the minimum. Having your Dad as one of D. Miscarriage's helpers must really, really suck.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up and do like L. Remini eventually.

I don't see her as a COS lackey ala Kirstie Alley or Jenna Elfman (whom I both detest) or the Masterson bros and Jason Lee.

ETA: Tommy Davis is out?? Holy shit!!! His mother must freak. He seemed like such a major A-hole on TV"

I think it's important to recognize she left the church, but has not said she no longer believes Scientology works for her. Marty Rathburn left the church, but still believes in the principles of Scientology. And I think I read somewhere that some of the people who have left have formed sort of a church or they have gatherings to support each other and to talk about their religion.

Yeah, some of them like Rathburn do still believe in the Dyanetics. And lo and behold the official COS threatens and stalk them so that they stop doing their little basement gatherings. Independent practicionners are called "squirels" by COS goons.

What kind of "religion" forbids you to use their material for your own spiritual practices outside official monitoring??

Yeah, some of them like Rathburn do still believe in the Dyanetics. And lo and behold the official COS threatens and stalk them so that they stop doing their little basement gatherings. Independent practicionners are called "squirels" by COS goons.

What kind of "religion" forbids you to use their material for your own spiritual practices outside official monitoring??

One that wants all the $$$ for themselves. That's a racket, not a religion. I'll never forget seeing Marty record the squirrel squad. Those people are scary.

OMG...that Tom Cruise video? That has to be one of the most batshit crazy things I've seen in a long time. That maniacal laughter? WTF?!?

I honestly had no idea Scientology was as wack as it is. Because of this thread, I recently read a lot of stuff on Tony Ortega's blog and....Wow. Keeping dissenters locked up in underground officespace hellhole bunkers? Really? And they're still buying into this crap?

I just had -no- idea at all that the organization was that fanatical.

I love this parody of the Tom Cruise video.

L5Zv3X_Hlck

Has the Co$ declared Jerry O'Connell as an SP yet? :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Good for her! I'm happy she's concerned and speaking out. I know it's probably too much to ask for, but I hope Scientology falls due to bad press thanks to Leah.

I am watching this story closely. Leah Remini is a brave woman and, TBH, I am concerned for her safety - physical and otherwise.

I hope she writes a book, I hope the public demands answers in regards to her report (via the LAPD, Riverside County or San Bernardino County Sheriff's Departments) and I hope it makes a dent in the cult of Scientology. Sadly, I'm skeptical any of this will actually happen.

I think there's every reason to be concerned for her safety. She could easily become the Karen Silkwood of Scientology.

I think Scientology at this point is a paper tiger. They have had several major defections in the past 10 years (Paul Haggis, Jenna Miscavige, Marty Rathburn, Mark Rinder, Lisa Marie Presley, Tommy Davis off the top of my head).

I think more than anything, Leah could possibly be giving David Miscavige his death blow. Things are going to be getting VERY interesting at Gold Base.

I never really got Scientology. Tom Cruise make sound even worse. But good for Leah Remini for wanting to try and find this woman.

I'm concerned for her, too. I am afraid that she will now just "disappear."

They hopefully* have Shelly in a bunker somewhere and now she might get some semblance of freedom since Scientology needs to prove she's okay.

* I guesssssss her being hidden at a Scientology work camp is better than her being dead?

The case has already been closed.

eonline.com/news/447348/leah-remini-s-scientology-mystery-solved-missing-person-case-for-shelly-miscavige-now-closed-per-lapd

I have read previously that Scientology makes very large annual donations to the LAPD so honestly I am not surprised in the least. I worry about Leah Remini now though. I don't know if Shelly is deceased or not (I have also previously read that LAPD also has Scientologists working for them, not sure how easy it would be to hide something like homicide but Scientology has infiltrated a ton of government agencies) but obviously something is very wrong. My bet is that she is alive but imprisoned in a church-controlled and restricted area.

Well...that was disturbingly quick. So if she's not missing, where is she? I want to see her. How about a video statement from her? Although, if she's still alive, that could be easily controlled.

God, Scientology is creepy as fuck. I really am worried that Leah Remini will go missing. I hope that her fame can prevent that, but I don't know.

The case has already been closed.

eonline.com/news/447348/leah-remini-s-scientology-mystery-solved-missing-person-case-for-shelly-miscavige-now-closed-per-lapd

I have read previously that Scientology makes very large annual donations to the LAPD so honestly I am not surprised in the least. I worry about Leah Remini now though. I don't know if Shelly is deceased or not (I have also previously read that LAPD also has Scientologists working for them, not sure how easy it would be to hide something like homicide but Scientology has infiltrated a ton of government agencies) but obviously something is very wrong. My bet is that she is alive but imprisoned in a church-controlled and restricted area.

I remember reading protest tips about actually protesting at their centers. One of the tips was to not antagonize or argue with the LAPD cause they were in Scientology's back pocket. This doesn't shock me at all, but at least she tried, and it brought some publicity to her vanishing. This is one of those cults that truly scares me because they have fanatical members and $$$$$ to grease all kinds of squeaky wheels.

The thing I find terrifying is that the majority of people who follow Scientology think that Shelly got what she deserved for being a bad influence and that if anything happens to Leah she deserved it too.

I believe that she has been sent to another Scientology compound in CA where she was told to do "Very important" work regarding L Ron Hubbard's legacy. As a devout member and totally brainwashed she would never question this assignment and might possible believe she is helping to save the planet by doing this work. It would be an honor.

With that said, Leah is my hero! What a brave woman. The lengths that these people will go to to make the "enemy" suffer is incredible.

Lastly, for anyone who wants a better understanding of what this cult is really about and the harm it has caused thousands of people, I suggest you visit Tony Orteg'as blog, underground Bunker. Great articles and interviews. He also has a few people on the inside. Scary stuff.

Archived