IGNORED

Leah Remini

blisterine

What did Shelly Miscavige do that was threatening to Scientology? Why did they "disappear" her? Anyone know?

We used to have a member here who talked about her struggles with Scientology. Who was that? I wanna say Mirele...is she still around?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I have to say, I did not suspect this at all. I had NO idea that they had THIS much power to go with all that money. This is very scary. I hope Leah remains safe. I think she will, the public is watching very closely. Then again, I have no idea what this group is capable of. I find them both fascinating and completely terrifying.

I have been wanting to read "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright, has anyone read it? I am off to read Tony Ortega's blog, thanks for the tip, Tish!

What did Shelly Miscavige do that was threatening to Scientology? Why did they "disappear" her? Anyone know?

We used to have a member here who talked about her struggles with Scientology. Who was that? I wanna say Mirele...is she still around?

Mirele knew several ex Scientologists and several current Scientologists. Mirele stopped posting here several months back.

Who knows, but it's pretty clear that her husband has been with another woman for several years at least. I don't remember her name, but she works for Scientology and has pretty much replaced Shelly.

There is big speculation among former Scientologists that many people are kept in a place called The Hole.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/29/mike-r ... ientology/

(Not breaking the link because Ortega and Rinder want this message to get out).

I think Scientology at this point is a paper tiger. They have had several major defections in the past 10 years (Paul Haggis, Jenna Miscavige, Marty Rathburn, Mark Rinder, Lisa Marie Presley, Tommy Davis off the top of my head).

I think more than anything, Leah could possibly be giving David Miscavige his death blow. Things are going to be getting VERY interesting at Gold Base.

Miscavige's own father quietly left Scientology in the last couple of years. Tommy Davis is still in. He just left the Sea Org and is selling real estate in Texas. Info is from Tony Ortega blog.

have been wanting to read "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright, has anyone read it? I am off to read Tony Ortega's blog, thanks for the tip, Tish!

Going clear is a great book. I read it about 3 months ago. I recommend it if you want a real insider account of the religion from the beginning and a history on L Ron.

have been wanting to read "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright, has anyone read it? I am off to read Tony Ortega's blog, thanks for the tip, Tish!

Going clear is a great book. I read it about 3 months ago. I recommend it if you want a real insider account of the religion from the beginning and a history on L Ron.

I ended up getting Jenna Miscivage's book instead, but Going Clear will be sure to follow! I put myself on a strict book budget, if I didn't be living in a box, lol.

I just spent most of my day reading The Underground Bunker. Luckilly, my boss is a loud walker so I could hide it in time, lol.

Miscavige's own father quietly left Scientology in the last couple of years. Tommy Davis is still in. He just left the Sea Org and is selling real estate in Texas. Info is from Tony Ortega blog.

I'm not convinced Tommy Davis is still in. You can't just leave the Sea Org (they sign a billion-year contract :roll: ) and stay in Scientology's good books. I think either he and/or his wife either expressed disagreement with Miscavige and were given a "shore story" about his wife needing to get cancer treatment in return for not exposing all of the crap that they know, or were turfed out by Miscavige against their will, but were handled gently in return for staying quiet.

That could be about Tommy. I've read all the books. They all kind of have the same info. I have them on kindle and will review and give a recommendation. I read Tony Ortega every day. I must have been a scientologist in a former life. Lol

I'm reading Going Clear now. I'm barely 100 pages in and already my brain hurts.

I do think the COS and its followers are off their collective rockers but honestly, when you think about it, what they believe really isn't any wackier than what other, more mainstream religions believe. Walking on water, rising from the dead, some random chick bearing god's kid? COS just doesn't have centuries of history behind it.

I don't think the theology is on its own wackier, but I do believe the rules and execution of it is damaging. And not just under miscaviage. The origination of the cmo was skeevy.

I bought Jenna Miscavige's book, but I haven't read it yet. It's in my Kindle, with all the other books I haven't read...

The father of my children is now a Jehovah's Witness, so it takes a lot to freak me out.

Yeah. I think it was Mirele. I haven't seen her lately; don't know if she's one of the people that left during the Alecto debacle or not, but she's been scarce around these parts.

Yeah. I think it was Mirele. I haven't seen her lately; don't know if she's one of the people that left during the Alecto debacle or not, but she's been scarce around these parts.

Mirele left because she had met Zsu and Steve Anderson and I recall she no longer felt comfortable talking about them.

I read Going Clear. It was very interesting, but is a dense read. Very much worth it though. It was a good one to read in addition to Jenna Miscavige's since hers gives one person's detailed story, while Going Clear gives a detailed background of Scientology as a whole.

I'm so glad Leah Remini's getting the word out that this group's dangerous. I've known people who think Scientology's just another religion (they do so conveniently say "Church of Scientology" and use a cross as a prominent symbol) and probably thought I was being a jerk until I explained the reality of their "religion". It's too bad her police report went nowhere. I hope she doesn't stop there though, and stays safe.

Was Mirele the one who went to a screening of Steve's film and brought a handmade scarf as a gift for Zsu (which she featured on the blog)? I seem to remember that she got a lot of flack for that and also because she kept saying how nice Zsu was. She really seemed to be wavering a bit in regard to her opinion of the Andersons, although that may just be my perception.

Was Mirele the one who went to a screening of Steve's film and brought a handmade scarf as a gift for Zsu (which she featured on the blog)? I seem to remember that she got a lot of flack for that and also because she kept saying how nice Zsu was. She really seemed to be wavering a bit in regard to her opinion of the Andersons, although that may just be my perception.

Yup it was Mirele. I'm not a Zsu fan, but I think in many situations Zsu is probably nice, but some things on her blog give off the vibe that she is likely rude in certain situations. I remember Zsu threw a huge bitch fit because of an incident in a pet store when she wanted to buy goldfish and the clerk asked what she was going to do with them. The screening of Steve's film was a big thing and Zsu did her best behavior for the sake of Steve and the church. Mirele also talked to Zsu about the scarves and she later went to the Anderson house with the spinning wheel. The PP also mentioned that in a sermon that was video taped.

Leah is a real friend. She put everything on the line. I'm glad that Shelly Miscavige is "okay." Well, at least enough to convince the police.

Tommy Davis and his wife live and work in Texas. They are out.

I wonder what role Scientology played in the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise divorce? He signed off very quickly. I am assuming Katie had something BIG on him, as their daughter attends Catholic school and they are members of a Catholic church in NYC. Suri will not be raised in Scientology like Nicole Kidman's kids.

They know where Shelly is apparently, she's at an extremely secluded base (Church of Spiritual Technology) where they do the "important work" of burying L Ron's bullshit in underground vaults that are nuclear-proof. I believe there are fewer than twenty personnel at the base. She's allegedly been there for all 7 of the years since she vanished from the public eye. This was told to Tony Ortega by Marty Rathburn.

I know the LAPD get pretty substantial donations from the COS, and I have no doubt that they rushed the missing persons case and apparently they didn't even inform Leah that it was closed, but if that information is true (and it was reported by Tony Ortega so it's extremely credible) it's understandable why the investigation was concluded without too much legwork. Her location is 'public' (just very obscure information) and I'm sure the guys who hand over the LAPD checks would have been only too happy to phone there and have Shelly talk to them.

I'm confident she's alive, but I'm also confident she's either being held against her will or she's been totally brainwashed.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/05/will-s ... -pr-stunt/

I still am loving Leah Remini right now. Like Michael K said on Dlisted, "David Miscarriage is learning what happens when you mess with a woman whose face always says, “Do you really want to do this?â€"

Archived