IGNORED

Leah Remini

blisterine

Leah Remini (Carrie on "the King of Queens ) is leaving Scientology!

latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-leah-remini-scientology-20130711,0,2663987.story

She was in there deep, did the entire "silent birth" thing and had the audacity to inquire about David Miscavage's wife at the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes wedding and was told she did have enough ******* rank to ask about other members. I saw the piece on Inside Edition and she said she couldn't be part of a group that spread misconceptions and tore families apart.

Now she'll never see Xenu!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever notice how Scientology seems to attract a certain kind of female celebrity? Leah Remini, Kirstie Alley, Jenna Elfman, Michelle Stafford... Very ballsy and in-your-face, with that whole Tom Cruise-esque "my life is AMAZING" thing going on? I just find it strange that their personalities are so similar, and that it's the ones who project as "weaker"-- *cough*Tom'sEx-Wives*cough*-- who say "Yeah, this is bullshit."

Ever notice how Scientology seems to attract a certain kind of female celebrity? Leah Remini, Kirstie Alley, Jenna Elfman, Michelle Stafford... Very ballsy and in-your-face, with that whole Tom Cruise-esque "my life is AMAZING" thing going on? I just find it strange that their personalities are so similar, and that it's the ones who project as "weaker"-- *cough*Tom'sEx-Wives*cough*-- who say "Yeah, this is bullshit."

Fascinating observation, I wonder why this is?

appearances can be deceiving.the seeming loud ballsy ones often cover their insecurities with bravado. the quieter 'weaker' ones nay just maybe be self assured enough to do away with drama and realize they don't need that foolishness.

She was very hardcore into it. I remember the uproar she caused on mommy boards when she made comments against Breastfeeding (L Ron said most women weren't healthy enough to produce good milk). She did the whole "silent birth" thing too.

I thought she was the best part of the show The Talk and stopped watching it after they fired her.

Leah Remini's parents are/were Scientologists and she was raised in the COS.

I didn't realize that! It always bothered me how deep she was in - I actually have a hard time watching famous Scientologists perform. No idea why; I guess knowing an actor is in a culty cult kinda of makes their work less believable to me....

And there is the whole "I am supporting Scientology by supporting Tom Cruise's films" aspect- I wouldn't pay for a TC movie any more than I would eat or allow my kids to eat at a Chick Fil A

I've gotta say...Scientology is one of the craziest religions I've heard of and I find it fascinating! How do the followers keep a straight face?

I didn't realize that! It always bothered me how deep she was in - I actually have a hard time watching famous Scientologists perform. No idea why; I guess knowing an actor is in a culty cult kinda of makes their work less believable to me....

And there is the whole "I am supporting Scientology by supporting Tom Cruise's films" aspect- I wouldn't pay for a TC movie any more than I would eat or allow my kids to eat at a Chick Fil A

For a long time, I thought she was one of those Hollywood converts to Scientology, but I read an article about a year that mentioned her mother and stepfather being in Scientology for a long time. Some of the articles that went out today mentioned Leah's mom being a high level member and the stepdad is an auditor. It is hard to know if her family has also left.

Kinda OT but who was the actor/director who wrote a whole anti Scientology diatribe after he left?

Considering this woman was raised with this sh*t, took some guts to leave it.

Kinda OT but who was the actor/director who wrote a whole anti Scientology diatribe after he left?

Considering this woman was raised with this sh*t, took some guts to leave it.

Paul Haggis the screenwriter was the one who wrote the anti-Scientology diatribe after he left. Part of the reason for his departure was because COS supported Prop 8 and he has two lesbian daughters.

I think it was Paul Haggis who wrote "Crash".

If you are really interested in Scientology, google "Tony Ortega", Scientology and Village Voice. Be prepared to dive deep in to the rabbit hole.

Yay! Leah Remini has left the Church of Scientology after she began to criticize the leadership of David Miscavige, et al. It sounds like she was victimized a lot by the church for her questioning their authorities. I am so glad she left.

Leah was the star of The King of Queens and was one of the original hostesses of the CBS daytime show The Talk. I wish her the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah_Remini

I think it was Paul Haggis who wrote "Crash".

If you are really interested in Scientology, google "Tony Ortega", Scientology and Village Voice. Be prepared to dive deep in to the rabbit hole.

I look at Tony's site a couple of times a week and it is a very informative blog. There is a newer blog that is supposedly run by people who infiltrating the Celebrity Centre in L.A. The bloggers seem to be legit and somewhere there they said something about planning to expose dirt on Juliette Lewis.

http://scientologycelebrity.wordpress.com/ (not breaking the link because the blog is quite popular and it is hotlinked on many sites)

I look at Tony's site a couple of times a week and it is a very informative blog. There is a newer blog that is supposedly run by people who infiltrating the Celebrity Centre in L.A. The bloggers seem to be legit and somewhere there they said something about planning to expose dirt on Juliette Lewis.

http://scientologycelebrity.wordpress.com/ (not breaking the link because the blog is quite popular and it is hotlinked on many sites)

I read Jenna Miscavige Hill's book. She is not a celebrity but her uncle runs scientology. It was an interesting and kind of creepy at the same time. I am happy that she finally wanted out and got out.

I read Jenna Miscavige Hill's book. She is not a celebrity but her uncle runs scientology. It was an interesting and kind of creepy at the same time. I am happy that she finally wanted out and got out.

I haven't read Jenna's book yet. She and other ex-Scions run a site called Ex-Scientology kids.

I haven't read Jenna's book yet. She and other ex-Scions run a site called Ex-Scientology kids.

It was interesting to see how the organization is run.

I still do not understand the thought process behind silent births. Can't babies hear shit starting pretty early? I thought they could respond to music and familiar voices.

Didn't know the breastfeeding thing. That's a new one. HUmans can't produce good enough milk, lets turn to chemicals and cows. Kinda counter indicative with the whole "natural, yay vitamins, chemical problems don't exist". Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I still do not understand the thought process behind silent births. Can't babies hear shit starting pretty early? I thought they could respond to music and familiar voices.

Didn't know the breastfeeding thing. That's a new one. HUmans can't produce good enough milk, lets turn to chemicals and cows. Kinda counter indicative with the whole "natural, yay vitamins, chemical problems don't exist". Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps negativity from the mother can pass to the child through milk? IDK what their actual thinking is. Its the only "logical" explanation I can come up with.

Nope, it's "Humans don't produce enough milk, so let's turn to barley water." Straight from the infallible typewriter of LRH.

appearances can be deceiving.the seeming loud ballsy ones often cover their insecurities with bravado. the quieter 'weaker' ones nay just maybe be self assured enough to do away with drama and realize they don't need that foolishness.

Just so no one misunderstands me: I put the word "weaker" in quotation marks because I don't think they're weaker at all. I totally agree with this quote.

I have never understood how someone could (with a straight face) practice a religion created by a SCIENCE FICTION AUTHOR.

I never understood that either. Regardless of how you feel about religion in general, at least Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Muhammed, etc. never went on record saying you can make more money with religion than with writing science fiction.

I found this yesterday. This seems like a good place to share it.

[attachment=0]check me out.png[/attachment]

Acupuncture doesn't belong there.

Archived