IGNORED

Pennsylvanian Professor Says God's Racist

Anxious Girl

Linkage here: http://now.msn.com/anthea-butler-univer ... d=ansnowex.

She has a pretty good point. The God that American neo-conservatives seem to worship seems to love hell, hate gay people, never forgive women who don't regret abortions, wants Evangelical Protestant Christianity embedded in the American government, supports the views that the government shouldn't help poor people and teaches His followers to worship the institution of the Church and not Jesus's teachings and Jesus. I love the white people that call this woman racist against whites and accuse her of saying the word "aint". These would probably be the same people to accuse people to not accuse all white American southerners of being rednecks. What ever you do, don't read the comments. I have no words. :angry-jumpinganger:

Linkage here: http://now.msn.com/anthea-butler-univer ... d=ansnowex.

She has a pretty good point. The God that American neo-conservatives seem to worship seems to love hell, hate gay people, never forgive women who don't regret abortions, wants Evangelical Protestant Christianity embedded in the American government, supports the views that the government shouldn't help poor people and teaches His followers to worship the institution of the Church and not Jesus's teachings and Jesus. I love the white people that call this woman racist against whites and accuse her of saying the word "aint". These would probably be the same people to accuse people to not accuse all white American southerners of being rednecks. What ever you do, don't read the comments. I have no words. :angry-jumpinganger:

I heard that as absolute sheer pain and a visceral reaction to what happened in court. The verdict felt like a punch in the gut to her.

I'm not a Christian any more but when I was I would have known what she said. You don't stand on ceremony with God, any more than he is supposed to stand on ceremony with you. If you have a horrible agonised feeling, and are angry, you are supposed to say to him why you are angry and listen to the reply. If Professor Butler is a Christian, she's doing what she's supposed to do.

She's, in amongst her pain, also appealing to her readers to see the difference between the racist pseudo-God who is held up as the One they should worship and the God of the Bible. She's not saying what the *actual* God is is nothing but a racist stalker. She's saying "That is the fake God which is being held in front of you. Stop believing in that God."

OMG I know who this lady is!! I went to one of her guest lectures once!!

She's a little out in left field, but really... she ain't wrong.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.â€

--Anne Lamott

Archived