IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

Great...this is what people like this do. They make everyone suspicious of everyone else. :(

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great...this is what people like this do. They make everyone suspicious of everyone else. :(

Not everyone, Lainey, honey. Your raccoon still commands my liking and respect (( Lainey))

The only thing that fascinates me more than internet scamming is watching scammers get outed, publicly, in real time.

Also, the amount of information available on the internet is why I never understood people trying to hide their identities. If someone wants to know badly enough, they'll find you. Which is something scammers never seem to learn...

Me too! I feel like I haven't done anything but read this thread in DAYS.

I don't think that compassionate and generous people who do fall for scams, Ruth's or others, should be ridiculed or called stupid.

Indeed. Keep in mind who is the allegedly guilty party here.

New RR post up on her blog

(sorry I don;t know how to quote:)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Leaving story up...the rest isn't worth it.

Thank you to all who have expressed support and help during my move. I regret that I couldn't provide some of you with the feeling of "proving" my identity to your standards. Some people came up with the wrong conclusions and for that I am sorry. I've been accused of being many different people and that's not true at all. I do apologize for any hurt feelings and any problems this has caused the freejinger or ex-ATI universe. I pray that all will find peace and that someday I will have the courage to state my identity loud and proud. For now, that's not possible. This blog gave me the courage to get this new job and to move to a new place and I'll never regret having it for that reason. I will never regret the connections I've made. I just think that for the sake of everyone, it's time to move on. I'm leaving up the posts about my life because there's nothing to be ashamed of. Comments on some of the last posts are being removed because some people were leaving nasty comments or deleting comments themselves. I realize this won't stop the conversation but I don't have the emotional capacity to handle the accusations or the false claims at the moment. I have a job that I need to keep up and I need to concentrate on being healthy. Editing to add (mainly because a friend/reader suggested it): my identity has been proven to people I meet in real life. I realize that failing to share it with ALL of you is the main reason for all of this doubt. I accept the responsibility for the speculation. It was a great four years and I love those of you I've met in person or spoke to along the way by phone or email. I hope we can still communicate. Ruth

Okay, so you know how it says that only members can post comments? I tried to post one asking for my money back. I even re-joined her blog so that I could post a comment. But when I tried to post it, I got this message: "Comments on this blog are restricted to team members." I don't know what "team members" are. I've never seen that before. But now I can't ask for my money back. :evil:

I think the odds of anyone getting their money back are 1000 to 1.

I think youre more likely to get your money back if you stand naked in a field and pray for it to be dropped from the sky.

I think that paypal has a time limit to report this sort of thing.

I must be a right bitch, because I don't care if she's "sick." Sometimes people do bad things not because they're sick, but because they're bad people with no conscience. I'm not sure why everyone insists that if someone does something wrong, they must be sick.

Not everything is black and white. If Ruth/Eve/Possumama/et.al. does have Munchausen by Internet she is mentally ill. I think the more she is exposed the better. She will be back as a new persona until she has all access to the internet taken away and as addicted as she is, that is unlikely to be soon. Having said that, and having donated to her, I agree she must be a right bitch to take advantage of people's good natures with lies.

I sent an email to paypal about razing ruth being a scam on the weekend but so far they have not responded.

I sent an email to paypal about razing ruth being a scam on the weekend but so far they have not responded.

ugh, I love your avatar

45 days for personal gifts, iirc. I could be totally wrong but it's probably worth checking out.

I slept. HATE when that happens :lol:

Any huge changes in the saga?

The Calladus article that was linked on ex-christian.net makes it pretty clear why he's so adamant she's not a scammer. He clearly has a lot emotionally invested in her and his belief that he and others have helped someone who is chronically ill (like his late wife was).

Also, the posts that he mentioned in that article on the possum blog are gone. I think she probably scrubbed them during the pennmommy stuff, but I thought that was interesting.

I found this linked to a reply in the Zoo post. Or link of a link.

new-atheist.blogspot.co.uk/

It's been a while...

I've not had the time or motivation for the blog in a while. Real life takes over sometimes.

Anyways, recently I spotted a feud of sorts between Possummomma and some christian woman who's made it her mission online to persecute PM (I say this only because her blog is actually named as No Possum Zone), and I found it somewhat fascinating.

Part of me thinks Nancy isn't really all she says she is; she seems too perfect of an anti-atheist in her descriptions of herself, and what points about PM she picks on; could she just be a troll? I've yet to decide what I think about it, but I've asked her some questions about her most recent post, and I'm hoping to see if her answers seem honest, or if I can spot any cracks in the story. I never take anything I read online at face value; it's just in my nature to dig further and form my own opinion on such things.

Sounds like even back in the day her detractors were making blogs about her.

I'm pretty sure the no possum zone blog was written by possum momma. All the posts have been taken down, but the drama on PM's own blog seems a little too perfect--she writes about calling CPS on them, for example, and in the Calladus article he talks about her showing him email correspondence from CPS workers about the investigation. I don't think that would happen.

Not everyone, Lainey, honey. Your raccoon still commands my liking and respect (( Lainey))

It's all about the raccoon for you people, isn't it!? :lol:

In other news, I don't really expect my money back. I just wanted to ask. ;)

Not everything is black and white. If Ruth/Eve/Possumama/et.al. does have Munchausen by Internet she is mentally ill. I think the more she is exposed the better. She will be back as a new persona until she has all access to the internet taken away and as addicted as she is, that is unlikely to be soon. Having said that, and having donated to her, I agree she must be a right bitch to take advantage of people's good natures with lies.

I know...I guess I just don't quite understand Munchausen's, by internet or otherwise. Like, what tips it into being due to mental illness, rather than just a scammy person being a jerk and lying to take advantage of people?

I know...I guess I just don't quite understand Munchausen's, by internet or otherwise. Like, what tips it into being due to mental illness, rather than just a scammy person being a jerk and lying to take advantage of people?

In the other thread, I wrote:

Munchausen's by internet, while having been written about a lot, is not an officially-recognized diagnosis.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/11/30/m ... es-online/

At issue are questions such as whether Munchausen by internet is an extreme form of internet trolling

While I would agree that "Ruth's" saga is not "normal" (at least not normal in the sense of being consistent with the way most of us use the internet), I am not yet ready to concede that "Ruth" is anything other than a lying liar who lies and a scamming scammer who scams because she has been able to get money by doing so.

I mean - maybe she is just a bad human being. :shrug:

It's all about the raccoon for you people, isn't it!? :lol:

In other news, I don't really expect my money back. I just wanted to ask. ;)

:text-yeahthat:

I mean, are we now going to diagnose the originators of "I'm a Nigerian who has a relative in America who just needs your help in claiming my inheritance" letters as sick ...

or just as scammers?

I was thinking about this and I think it's sort of like how Dr. Drew used to talk about addiction on Loveline (back when he was helpful)--it's addiction when you suffer serious consequences and keep engaging in the behavior. PM's scamming seems to be directly tied to the end of her marriage, the loss of primary custody of her kids, and finally the loss of having her kids close by. Those all seem like huge consequences, but she doesn't change. She launched RR right after the Gosselin stuff blew up.

Personally, I think there should be forums for people with Munchausen by Internet. They could tell their sob stories to each other and just spin in circles and spare the rest of it. I can't even imagine the drama!

Someone mentioned Evie Teale earlier. I wasn't around for that so I went poking. Evie Teale doesn't really write like Ruth and I am not claiming connection. What I found interesting was this snippet:

The problem with me is I have a whole life inside my head that never gets to come out. When I write, I can let that life out. In real life, I have to act shocked that some heathen would write a movie about vibrators, but in my head, I think she's awesome. My husband has made it so that I cannot be who I am inside. When I was in college, I was in a sorority. I was an English/History major. I was in Honors' College. I HAD A LIFE. But I have to be all guilty about living that kind of life. I'm not allowed to reminisce about my life before I was "saved." By the way, I was already a Christian, but I was Catholic so it doesn't count. I lost myself a long time ago. When I write, I feel like my old self.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3084&start=20

Note the bold. I wonder if that sort of feeling is what motivates these scammers, really. Interesting insight I think.

I was thinking about this and I think it's sort of like how Dr. Drew used to talk about addiction on Loveline (back when he was helpful)--it's addiction when you suffer serious consequences and keep engaging in the behavior. PM's scamming seems to be directly tied to the end of her marriage, the loss of primary custody of her kids, and finally the loss of having her kids close by. Those all seem like huge consequences, but she doesn't change. She launched RR right after the Gosselin stuff blew up.

Personally, I think there should be forums for people with Munchausen by Internet. They could tell their sob stories to each other and just spin in circles and spare the rest of it. I can't even imagine the drama!

I see what you mean, but maybe she just doesn't really care about those consequences.

I'm pretty sure the no possum zone blog was written by possum momma. All the posts have been taken down, but the drama on PM's own blog seems a little too perfect--she writes about calling CPS on them, for example, and in the Calladus article he talks about her showing him email correspondence from CPS workers about the investigation. I don't think that would happen.

Come on, we all know RR showed her drivers license to the crazy stalker who showed up at the library.

Archived