IGNORED

Lori Alexander talks about the purpose of her blog

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/purpose-for-my-blog.html

You claim the "clear" teachings of Scripture, and yet against strong biblical support for contrary views you defend your own with personal anecdotes and prooftexting. Seems it's less "Always Learning" and more affirming your current beliefs.

But I don't blame you. After many years in the church, I blame the church itself, who teaches both men and women to parrot their lines without proper exegesis. This is what I take umbrage with.

I'll leave you with this: 1 Cor. 7:8. {I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I am.} It's right there, freeing women to reject marriage. You're free to tell women they CAN be homemakers. It's shameful and unbiblical to tell them they MUST.

These are the words of another reader upset with what I am teaching. They forgot to add the verse right after verse 8, "But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."

The purpose of my blog is based upon Titus 2:4,5 "The aged women...may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

I have never stated that all women MUST be homemakers. I am teaching what the Bible commands for me to teach. Also, in the beginning, God knew it was not good for Adam to be alone so He created a help meet and commanded they be fruitful and multiply. He said, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

God created marriage and it is good. I have never personally met a woman who didn't want to be married. I know there are some out there, nuns for instance, but the large majority want to be married and many want children. This is who I am writing this blog for.

I laughed at the last paragraph.

Me too. The last paragraph is absurd -- only nuns don't want to be married? I thought that nuns were married to Jesus.

Well, maybe if Lori got her head out of her ass long enough she might actually meet women that have no interest in marriage or having children.

I think Lori has already met a woman who doesn't want kids or to be married, but some women keep those details to themselves. I also think Lori tends to only hang out fundie lite types like herself.

What about the people - like me - who only thought about getting married after I met someone I wanted to spend my life with? I lived quite happily for more than 40 years as a single woman, and if my husband should precede me in death, I would probably live the rest of my life content as a widow.

Marriage was something I never pursued, like it's a carnival prize or sports trophy. It's been my experience that people who do pursue marriage oftentimes end up in unhappy ones. How many times have you heard people say things like, "I want to be married by the time I'm 30"? When people go at it with that mindset I think they're able - consciously and unconsciously - to overlook serious problems in their romantic relationships and convince themselves that the flaws and red flags will magically disappear after the wedding.

Anyway, back to Lori's idea that all women want marriage: that's just silly.

The purpose of Lori's blog is show the world that she's a spoiled, ignorant, arrogant, kinky asshole and so is her husband. Though that was likely not her intention. Her intention was to stroke her own ego and get everyone to follow her life because if she's not happy, no one else is allowed to be happy either. :naughty:

I think Lori does not know many people. Seriously. What with all Ken's perversions and all that bible reading when does she have the time?

She's a bored old bird who needs to I dunno..take up Bridge?

The purpose of Lori's blog is show the world that she's a spoiled, ignorant, arrogant, kinky asshole and so is her husband. Though that was likely not her intention. Her intention was to stroke her own ego and get everyone to follow her life because if she's not happy, no one else is allowed to be happy either. :naughty:

I've always thought that the purpose of her blog was to validate her own world view by telling everyone else that they're wrong (with long rationales as to why she's right and how she's providing "wisdom" and "guidance" to the ignorant).

When did the phrase 'keepers at home' develop the additional word, 'only?' Nowhere in that oft-quoted verse have I ever seen that word, yet it's been an unspoken addition for decades now in the patriarchy movement. Why can't women be chaste, discreet keepers at home while also working? I've been a stay at home mom since my first child was born 24 years ago, but I think if I had worked, part time or full time, I could still have handled the home stuff AND been in compliance with that verse.

And this: They forgot to add the verse right after verse 8, "But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."

Um, Lori. That verse doesn't say 'But BECAUSE they cannot contain,' it says IF. What about the women who CAN contain? Not every woman--or man-- is burning with lust; some are perfectly content to live a celibate life, and they're not all nuns or priests. Looks to me like Paul actually gave people an out from marriage there, Lori dear.

Surely one of the sacrifces of becoming a nun is forgoing things like marriage and children in order to devote one's life to God. It doesn't necessarily mean those women who become nuns wouldn't have liked to marry, had they not followed their vocation. I don't suppose the main reason for entering a nunnery is because you don't want to get married.

Surely one of the sacrifces of becoming a nun is forgoing things like marriage and children in order to devote one's life to God. It doesn't necessarily mean those women who become nuns wouldn't have liked to marry, had they not followed their vocation. I don't suppose the main reason for entering a nunnery is because you don't want to get married.

Exactly. Isn't the main reason to become a nun because, you know, you have a calling? Not because you are avoiding something (marriage, children, etc). And from what I understand, the vetting process is very long, and most nuns are quite well educated.

I've always thought that the purpose of her blog was to validate her own world view by telling everyone else that they're wrong (with long rationales as to why she's right and how she's providing "wisdom" and "guidance" to the ignorant).

That too. All the above.

I think Lori has already met a woman who doesn't want kids or to be married, but some women keep those details to themselves. I also think Lori tends to only hang out fundie lite types like herself.

Actually, I think Lori, in her heart of hearts, would rather not be married nor had kids. And the reality of that shocks her into preaching the Bible, trying to convince herself and everyone else that she has a wonderful husband and family and is SO HAPPY doing it God's way.

Most of us are comfortable enough in the choices we made that we don't give a shit what others do.

Um, maybe some women don't want to be married because they enjoy living in sin?

My man and I work harder on our relationship because we aren't married! We have been together for 13 years, and every day we make the decision to be with each other. Neither one of us needs the other...we are both successful in our chosen careers, we have his, hers and ours checking accounts with healthy balances. We choose to be together because we love each other, not because society says we should be together. We are raising an amazing daughter who will understand that families don't have to be traditional to be "right." We run in a social circle that doesn't promote the Disney view of womanhood.

We like it Lori! We like being "ebil" and the fornication is pretty freakin' hot!

Um, maybe some women don't want to be married because they enjoy living in sin?

My man and I work harder on our relationship because we aren't married! We have been together for 13 years, and every day we make the decision to be with each other. Neither one of us needs the other...we are both successful in our chosen careers, we have his, hers and ours checking accounts with healthy balances. We choose to be together because we love each other, not because society says we should be together. We are raising an amazing daughter who will understand that families don't have to be traditional to be "right." We run in a social circle that doesn't promote the Disney view of womanhood.

We like it Lori! We like being "ebil" and the fornication is pretty freakin' hot!

Well, you are a whore! But that's why we like you. And I'm pleased your fonicatin' and stuff is so freakin' 'hot. Can you imagine having sexy time with Kreepy Ken? Shudder.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster!

Archived