IGNORED

Lori Alexander's interesting definition of modesty

Yeah, Lori is fundie lite in a lot of ways, in pretty much everything but female submission and childbeating in fact.

It's interesting that she's drawing closer to Sunshine Mary and MRA bloggers. It doesn't fit with the demure church lady mentor image she has going at all, but I suspect that she's found an ideology there that more closely matches her dynamic with Ken than traditional Christianity does.

It's kind of sad seeing her trying to fit in with Sunshine and co, who she obviously views as the cool edgy crowd.

I only recently started looking at Sunshine Mary's blog, but I can see why Lori would want to fit in with that crowd. I think she kind of does already fit in. The interesting thing is that Lori attends a megachurch which has been described on a couple of review sites as being a "surfer" church. The pastor of Lori's church is the father of two members of the band Switchfoot. The church on the surface might come off as a mainstream type church, but they promote Mark Driscoll/Mars Hill crap. Mark Driscoll is seen as an edgy type and Lori has talked about him several times. Lori's kids probably fit in quite well with the Mark Driscoll types. Lori's family wouldn't fit in quite well with people like the Duggars, Maxwells, or Andersons.

Someone should clue Lori in on their affiliation with the nazis and I wonder how she will try to spin that.

I just saw, some people already did on her comment section, she didn´t response although :evil-eye:

Wow, I had never seen a photo of her or her family before (hers is one site I refuse to visit) and it is soooo strange how "normal" they look!

No-one passing them on the street would think that she spews this horrid verbal diarrhea all over the web!? In my mind she was some head-covering Quasimodo :lol:

Wow, I had never seen a photo of her or her family before (hers is one site I refuse to visit) and it is soooo strange how "normal" they look!

No-one passing them on the street would think that she spews this horrid verbal diarrhea all over the web!? In my mind she was some head-covering Quasimodo :lol:

I also don't read Lori's website because of the hatred and I was surprised by how normal she looks. That is just scary. I feel bad since I assume a lot of people could get sucked into her hate since she looks so "normal".

I also don't read Lori's website because of the hatred and I was surprised by how normal she looks. That is just scary. I feel bad since I assume a lot of people could get sucked into her hate since she looks so "normal".

I think that happens quite a bit. Lori has talked a lot about how she "mentors' women through her church. Everyone at her church probably dresses and carries themselves in a pretty normal way compared to frumper or skirt only, polo shirt type fundies. Some people at Lori's church have rejected her as a mentor. She admitted this a couple of times. My guess is that those people rejected her right away after hearing Lori talk about certain subjects. But the fact that Lori's church promotes Mark Driscoll makes me wonder if that church loses members here and there.

Lori's daughter Alyssa and her friend have started a blog about ballet dance issues and there is a video on their twitter page that features them in tank tops.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JyC0CQ22DhA#!

twitter.com/Beyond_Ballet

bbdance.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/lets-get-real/

That's Lori? As in the "stay pretty for your husband" Lori. Wow, for someone who puts so much emphasis on appearance, she's rather ugly, isn't she?

That's Lori? As in the "stay pretty for your husband" Lori. Wow, for someone who puts so much emphasis on appearance, she's rather ugly, isn't she?

I wouldn't call Lori ugly, but I don't think she is attractive either. I also don't think Ken is attractive. He has a creep look to him. This might be mean of me, but for some reason three of Lori's kids also give off a creepy factor.

No, I think she's just average looking like most of us.

Who are the two on the lower right in the photo (the ones with the baby)? For some reason they are giving me an 'uncanny valley' vibe, though that's probably just me. :? Otherwise, I think they are pretty attractive, though. Sometimes I think 'why do such creepy people (fundies, MRAs...) have to be so good-looking?

Who are the two on the lower right in the photo (the ones with the baby)? For some reason they are giving me an 'uncanny valley' vibe, though that's probably just me. :? Otherwise, I think they are pretty attractive, though. Sometimes I think 'why do such creepy people (fundies, MRAs...) have to be so good-looking?

That is Lori's son and daughter-in-law with the baby.

Archived