IGNORED

One of my friends has gone Quiverfull

GenerationCedarchip

It's really scary when friends or loved ones start going to extremes, especially when those extremes can lead to a lot of physical, emotional and emotional pain or problems. There are a few people in my life who are moved into the fundie-lite Christian lifestyle, and one of them is really starting to blur the lines between "deep interest" and "obsession."

All I can do is empathize and suggest that you be thereif when the pieces start to fall. Good luck!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an ass. His post makes it sound like he rolled over in bed, nudged her awake, and said "Well, it's Mother's Day. Now go out there and be a mother." Asshole probably slept in and complained if the kids weren't quiet enough.

He should have risen to the occasion. If he couldn't cook, I'm sure he could have poured the family some cereal for breakfast. Lunch could have been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, even the average three year old can cobble that together. Order in a couple of pizza's or something for dinner. Get her favorite ice cream for dessert.

As for the rest of the time, he could have taken the kids off to another room to make homemade cards for mom and let her just rest and enjoy the day. Or made her Queen for the Day, anything Mom wants we'll do for her. Tell the kids stories about how great she is, the time when she was sick but stayed up all night tending to the rest of the ill family members (you know that's happened at least a couple of times by now). Organize a clean the house day so everyone realizes that being a real mom is WORK, and point out that she does it all day every day because she loves them. Take the kids for a walk and let mom just BE for a bit.

Hand your wife the phone and tell her you'll keep the kids out of her hair so she can have an uninterrupted conversation with her own mother. Then get on the phone and tell your MIL how great she is and how awsome it is that she raised such a wonderful woman as her daughter, and how grateful you are that this wonderful woman consented to be your wife and the mother of your many children. Then call your own mother, asshat, and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. Is any of that so fricken hard?

I guess if you're a spoiled man-child who has found real life to be too hard, so you regressed into a lifestyle where you are the king and everyone else exists to feed your massive ego then yes, I guess it's too hard.

Another kicker for me is this!! The fact that this asshole didn't even have the nerve to get his VERY hard working wife a card!!

That son of a bitch should be ashamed of himself. And he needs to be popped in the balls. Jerk. I'm infuriated for her.

No one has yet to ask what kind of comments people have left to the facebook post, which I think would be interesting. Also why did he feel the need to search you out and I wonder what he thinks of your lifestyle now. I do find it interesting to see how people can either become more conservative as they start their own families or how some people become more laxed. I am more laxed and my husband is more religious and conservative. I think having different within a couple lessens the chance of extreme swings in idealogical stances.

No one has yet to ask what kind of comments people have left to the facebook post, which I think would be interesting. Also why did he feel the need to search you out and I wonder what he thinks of your lifestyle now. I do find it interesting to see how people can either become more conservative as they start their own families or how some people become more laxed. I am more laxed and my husband is more religious and conservative. I think having different within a couple lessens the chance of extreme swings in idealogical stances.

I went back and checked his FB post. There were a bunch of likes, but the only comment was one from someone I don't know who just remarked on how cute their kids were.

I haven't asked what this guy thinks of my current life. He hasn't exactly been raining down hellfire and brimstone on my page, so I'm guessing that to the extent he disapproves, he at least doesn't feel the need to go public about it. As for why he friended me, he friended a bunch of us from college around the same time.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked a bunch of people liked it. After all I swear some people do not read entire post of really think about what they are responding to half the time on facebook. Interesting he is keeping up with old college ties even though he is following a lifestyle course that sees college as a place of corruption.

Instead of kicking that guy in the dick, I would rather hit him in the nuts with a sledgehammer. :angry-banghead:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked a bunch of people liked it. After all I swear some people do not read entire post of really think about what they are responding to half the time on facebook. Interesting he is keeping up with old college ties even though he is following a lifestyle course that sees college as a place of corruption.

Well, more than a few of the likers are also fans of VF, various Christian homeschool groups, Generation Joshua, family integrated churches, etc...

Instead of kicking that guy in the dick, I would rather hit him in the nuts with a sledgehammer. :angry-banghead:

Even better!!

I want to kick that guy in the dick.

That should be easy, considering he is a gigantic dick.

I like all the mother's day suggestions. When I worked for a zoo it was always busy because evidently a lot of moms wanted to take the kids to the zoo and spend a family day there. I always thought it was nuts, but if that's what they wanted then why not?

The kicker for me is that for Mother's Day he posted about how for today he didn't make any big meal plans or buy anything because he thought the best gift for his wife would be for her to have lots of quality time with the kids as their mother. Um..he works full-time and has an hour commute, so what does he think she gets staying at home every day of the week?

Now we know why he didn't get the Rhodes Scholarship. :think:

That son of a bitch should be ashamed of himself. And he needs to be popped in the balls. Jerk. I'm infuriated for her.

Same here! I bet if she does nothing for Father's Day he will be pissed!

• 1 month later...

Since it's almost Father's Day, I wanted to bring this topic up front. If u r still facebook friends w/ this guy please post what he says about Father's Day. I would love to know if the wife does nothing like her husband did nothing for her.

Since it's almost Father's Day, I wanted to bring this topic up front. If u r still facebook friends w/ this guy please post what he says about Father's Day. I would love to know if the wife does nothing like her husband did nothing for her.

I just saw this and went back and checked Fundie Friend's page. Looks like the whole clan trooped in breakfast in bed for him to thank him for being such a "patient and godly provider." Seriously, in the picture, it looked like a parade of little kids with plates while wife stood adoringly in the doorway. Then it sounds like after church there was a big church picnic. Oh, and at some point his wife apparently found time to make him lemon chess pie because it's his very favorite. Not sure if that was Father's Day or just sometime recently. The caption on his photo wasn't the most informative.

What an ass. His post makes it sound like he rolled over in bed, nudged her awake, and said "Well, it's Mother's Day. Now go out there and be a mother." Asshole probably slept in and complained if the kids weren't quiet enough.

He should have risen to the occasion. If he couldn't cook, I'm sure he could have poured the family some cereal for breakfast. Lunch could have been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, even the average three year old can cobble that together. Order in a couple of pizza's or something for dinner. Get her favorite ice cream for dessert.

As for the rest of the time, he could have taken the kids off to another room to make homemade cards for mom and let her just rest and enjoy the day. Or made her Queen for the Day, anything Mom wants we'll do for her. Tell the kids stories about how great she is, the time when she was sick but stayed up all night tending to the rest of the ill family members (you know that's happened at least a couple of times by now). Organize a clean the house day so everyone realizes that being a real mom is WORK, and point out that she does it all day every day because she loves them. Take the kids for a walk and let mom just BE for a bit.

Hand your wife the phone and tell her you'll keep the kids out of her hair so she can have an uninterrupted conversation with her own mother. Then get on the phone and tell your MIL how great she is and how awsome it is that she raised such a wonderful woman as her daughter, and how grateful you are that this wonderful woman consented to be your wife and the mother of your many children. Then call your own mother, asshat, and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. Is any of that so fricken hard?

I guess if you're a spoiled man-child who has found real life to be too hard, so you regressed into a lifestyle where you are the king and everyone else exists to feed your massive ego then yes, I guess it's too hard.

I want to see this on printed literature, bumper stickers, across the internet on all forms of digital media, and skywritten so that it may be given to every fundamentalist Christian male in existence. Praise be and Hallelujah!

I just got friended by an old college friend and I have to say that the more I read his FB page, the more obvious it is he's gone QF. I have to admit it makes me sad. This guy was super-smart (finalist for a Rhodes Scholarship) and kind of moderate/mainstream Protestant when we were in school.

However, I see from his page that he is now OPC (orthodox Preby.) and he got married in 2006 but already has 7 kids! No twins in that either. He's posted a series of family photos as each new kid is born and I've noticed that he is looking a little ragged around the edges but his poor wife looks utterly worn out and you can just see despair in her eyes. And for the birth of number 6 earlier this month, he posted about how "God willing" there will be a family photo with a kid #8 someday soon.

The kicker for me is that for Mother's Day he posted about how for today he didn't make any big meal plans or buy anything because he thought the best gift for his wife would be for her to have lots of quality time with the kids as their mother. Um..he works full-time and has an hour commute, so what does he think she gets staying at home every day of the week?

IDIOT!! Has Boob been training this dude?

The basic power structure of the fundie relationship means that jerks can continue to act like jerks to their wives. When you think your job is to lead and your wife's job is to follow unquestioningly, stuff like this will happen. I love how fundies love to talk about how men must be great providers and leaders and so women must follow. They never answer what tools women have to defend themselves against such assholes like the OP's friend.....

The basic power structure of the fundie relationship means that jerks can continue to act like jerks to their wives. When you think your job is to lead and your wife's job is to follow unquestioningly, stuff like this will happen. I love how fundies love to talk about how men must be great providers and leaders and so women must follow. They never answer what tools women have to defend themselves against such assholes like the OP's friend.....

The problem is twofold. Yes, the men are raised to act like jerks but fundie daughters are raised to act like doormats. Their entire worth is as mothers and wives (yes, I did put mother first because baby making is the most important function) and they must subjugate themselves to the men in their lives -- daddies and husbands. When and if Josh Duggar has an affair, I predict Anna will blame herself and turn herself inside out trying to figure out what 'she' did to cause him to stray.

[list=]

Yep....disgusted but not surprised in the least....

Same here!! Also thanks to everyone who liked my comment!! Does their church do nothing for mother's day & the picnic for Father's Day!

Archived