IGNORED

The Tool - Hazardous Journey Update!

Maggie Mae

How the hell are they going to leave a record of their gathering for the future. Posting pics of their food on instagram?

LOL - I'm having mental picture of FJ-ers coming up with a good Titanic feast hastag and getting creative on there! :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mrgreen: I'm one post away from Chatter and I just want to take this opportunity to say that Doug Phillips is a tool. :tools-wrench: :dance: :tools-hammer:

And I suggest this as the theme song for the Hazardous Journeyers. Dance party sweet fellowshipping singalong in the lodge! :banana-wrench:

z8qT5oqFq28 (Video probably NSFW.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Teh WTF?

Couldn't The JT come up with this own idea to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Does Dougie (and mini dougie) realize that lots of people DIED when the Titanic sank? They seem to completly overlook look this fact to opine on the "Christian doctrine of women and children first."

:music-tool:

Clearly, only passengers in first class count, as far as Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is concerned. It's not nearly as fun, or photogenic, for him and his manly friends to dress up as, say, someone who shoveled coal. Why, they might muss up all the white linens at the VF Titanic gala! And wherever would Doug (Phillips who is a tool) seat the "steerage passengers" at his party--out back behind the Port-a-Potties?

I dunno...does the fact that some men survived the Titanic mean that they were...un-Christian since they failed to follow "the Christian doctrine of women and children first"? Or are they excused if they were first class passengers, therefore omehow more "worthy" of being saved? Not very Christian of you, Dougie.

Yes, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Am I the only one who thinks that in punishment for their Titanic dress-up events, VFers should be made to listen to this at least six times day? We had to, on the radio, back in the day. And it was torture...

zmbw8OycJrE

And I suggest this as the theme song for the Hazardous Journeyers. Dance party sweet fellowshipping singalong in the lodge! :banana-wrench:

(Video probably NSFW.)

Salamander, I welcome you to free jinger, as an old lady with a low post count but lots of reading of FJ, and a whole lifetime of dealing with fundamentalist upbringing baggage. I TOTALLY enjoyed this video and the cosplay is so much more inspiring and honest than Doug Phillips (is a tool) could ever come up with.

As a canadian, I am totally offended that he wants to come up here and shoot a polar bear. I eat meat, so I cannot stand on any moral high ground - but seriously, Doug (Phillips is a tool), how could killing a polar bear possibly be construed as a message for 'insert name for whatever Douggy (Phillips is a tool) stands for' ????

DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL

Wow. By this tool's standards, I am apparently a sooper manly man (too bad I have this vagina and these giant knockers). I grew up roaming the outdoors in a remote and often dangerous location, and because it's what I'm used to, I love places like that. The difference is that when I travel, I scrape together just enough money for plane tickets, visa, etc., and then I eat and travel and lodge like the locals, and try to learn enough of their language to get by, and just generally take on the role of an idiot child because in their society that's what I AM. I start out not understanding their world or their lives or their values, and so I view myself as a clueless overgrown toddler and try to LEARN. I can't imagine traveling to other countries just to enjoy the view down my nose from atop my high horse. How do you get anything out of that? At all?

Anyone else want to see Dougie recreate the movie 'Alive!'? I'm thinking of a plane crash, their Alaskan jaunt could suffice instead of a mountain top in Chile. Dougie could line up the interns and see who had the meatiest anaconda. The winner gets to be 'eaten' by Dougie.

Anyone else want to see Dougie recreate the movie 'Alive!'? I'm thinking of a plane crash, their Alaskan jaunt could suffice instead of a mountain top in Chile. Dougie could line up the interns and see who had the meatiest anaconda. The winner gets to be 'eaten' by Dougie.

I want him to recreate Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to go on my own hazardous journey, to the territory in Antarctica that Mawson named after my g-g grandfather. Yeah Doug + interns, beat that, real edwardian gentleman adventurer pedigree!!!

• 1 month later...

So this seems relevant: https://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ ... -their-son

Basically, Preston Cavner, the man who owns the lodge that the Vision Forum interns will be staying at during their "Alaskan Boot Camp," is now suing the manufacture of the engine on his plane. The same plane that he overloaded. The same plane that he crashed, killing his 4 year old son, who was not safely belted in.

Doug Philips describes this guy as, and I quote, "Once described by HJS founder Doug Phillips as “A modern Christian Jeremiah Johnsonâ€, Preston is the real deal—-a true wilderness man and professional big game hunter. Together with his wife Stacy, Preston runs a top-notch outfitting lodge which will host this year’s bootcamp. He is a skilled bush plane pilot and backcountry guide who has been on numerous private international expeditions. Preston will serve as team leader for the 2013 HJS expedition to Kazakhstan where among other adventures, he intends to hunt deer on horseback using trained eagles."

Wouldn't the "Biblical" thing to do be TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE FACT THAT YOU WERE IRRESPONSIBLE?

I'm sorry. But I heard and saw that crash. It was just a few blocks from my home at the time. It was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. And to find out that it was 100% the pilot's fault, AND he was never arrested. If it had been a car crash, he would be in jail. He KNEW the risk he was taking by overloading the plane. He KNEW that his children should be belted in.

Also, I'm not sure, but it seems like they forgot all about the babysitter as well.

^^^^This just shows his toolish toolyness likes to hang with other tools. So sad for the 4 year old.

Yes, I was thinking along these lines, hoping that they get stranded in the wilderness and have to really learn how to survive. If I'm really lucky, Doug (aka the tool) will get eaten by his manly but ravenous interns, if not by a polar bear.

I just read the article in the Alaska dispatch. I am disgusted but not surprised. The pilot overloads the plane, does not belt his son in safely and mains and kills members of his family....and like all of Doug "the tool"followers (and all fundies really) accepts no personal responsibility. I realize that the whole lawsuit may be more about paying bills than assigning blame but I've seen this fundie attitude before. Everything is God's or Satan's or the lesbian/gay's or feminists's fault. If they do accept some modicum of responsibility they absolve themselves by re-finding God. Perhaps they admit their mistakes privately but I have seen no evidence of any lesson learned by Doug or any of his minions.

What are the chances that the Preston's have Scamaritan for their health insurance?

Mission & Objectives:

Equip men with a firm grasp

You can just stop there, Dougie -- we know what you're up to.

So this seems relevant: https://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ ... -their-son

Basically, Preston Cavner, the man who owns the lodge that the Vision Forum interns will be staying at during their "Alaskan Boot Camp," is now suing the manufacture of the engine on his plane. The same plane that he overloaded. The same plane that he crashed, killing his 4 year old son, who was not safely belted in.

Sounds like Christian and Nienie's antics.

Holy... I looked at the article and at the Alaska Untamed HJ page just to make sure it was the same Preston Cavner. So he crashes a plane he overloaded, kills his son, maims his wife, and it's the plane's fault. Also (probably) the government's fault, because the government is lying by saying it wasn't the plane that was to blame. The government hates manly men like Preston Cavner because they are a threat to government dominance; the whole crash was probably a conspiracy.

I can just imagine this woeful tale being told around the sumptuous lodge table to Dougie and his comrades.

On the one hand, I can't imagine losing a child like that, and I understand that you might want to believe it wasn't your fault. On the other... hiding behind this claim when there apparently isn't a shred of evidence that it was anything other than your own negligence (or worse, hubris) isn't really going to do you any good in the long run.

I found another article link that explains Preston Cavner's gross negligence in greater detail: http://www.adn.com/2011/03/17/1760825/o ... -2010.html

Again, it's tragic that this happened, but it does seem like perhaps Preston has found "solace" in the fact that he couldn't possibly be wrong, because he is a man of God and a good father and husband, and he was only doing his Godly duty by flouting evil government mandate like don't overload a bush plane by 600+ pounds, because God wants good fathers and husbands to take dominion over such nonsense.

Total speculation based on the few articles I've found on the internet, plus Dougie's glowing description of him. Maybe not totally fair, but it does seem REALLY weird that his plane was that overloaded, the worst the accessor in the above article had ever seen, and he is still trying to sue the plane manufacturer.

Archived