IGNORED

The Tool - Hazardous Journey Update!

Maggie Mae

hazardousjourneys.org/expeditions/hazardous-bootcamps/alaska-untamed/

He's updated the HJ website, with a bunch of announcements and overpriced trips!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pictures of the lodges look particularly hazardous to me. Nothing says "manly" like a cushy lounge to relax in, and catering.

eta: "Father and Son Mountain Rendezvous"? Back when I was a teen, we used to call our dates "rendezvous". Definitely a romantic implication there for me, which sounds terribly wrong.

hazardousjourneys.org/expeditions/international-expeditions/canada/

Oh god this sounds so dangerous. And they have to do it in Canada, because it's illegal to hunt Polar Bears in the US, unless you have a subsistence permit, I believe.

You know, when I go to hubs and villages above the Arctic Circle, I am told to a.) not turn off my vehicle unless i'm at a place I can plug it in, b.) to never lock it, and c.) to drive instead of walk, even when it's just across the parking lot. Because polar bears eat people.

I just love (in s snarky way) this:

Receive Training, Experience, and Encouragement

Be exposed and equipped with a fuller understanding of our role in being a risk-taking, man-building, and dominion-minded men who are willing to see God be glorified in all areas of life, including His created world.

Is it A risk taking, etc, man or should the "a" be left out so they can call themselves "men" and be grammatical about? You interns are, once again, falling down on the job.

SOtDRT fail and Doug Phillips is a Tool

The pictures of the lodges look particularly hazardous to me. Nothing says "manly" like a cushy lounge to relax in, and catering.

Those soft cushions look pretty dangerous. They might be used to poke someone. And did I see shrubbery? Eeek!

What is this "ten year mission" they claim to be on? Doug (Phillips who is a tool) seems to require a lot of expensive, yet hazardous, opportunities to prove his manliness.

I tried the link about "special requirements", but got a message that it was a "bad page". I thought the special requirement would be "large bank account, and a penis". Not necessarily in that order.

Oh you have to be shitting me Dougie!!! If your journey involves dining on linen tablecloths, there is nothing hazardous about it.

Mission & Objectives:

Equip men with a firm grasp of the mission and key components of the Hazardous Journeys Society and its ten-year goal.

Experience challenges through rigorous and unique adventures offered in the setting of the remote Alaskan Wilderness.

Expose and train men in hands-on adventure skills and planning strategies in preparation for them to lead their own Hazardous Journeys.

Examine and be inspired by the trials and triumphs of Dominion, Risk, and Manhood as seen in the frontier history and spirit of Alaskan pioneers.

Empower men with a vision to explore the corners of the world and bring back discoveries and reports which bring glory to the Creator God,

Let me fix this:

Equip men with a firm grasp of the mission and key components of the Hazardous Journeys Society and its ten-year goal, which is to act like chauvinistic, self-righteous assholes on all 7 continents.

Experience challenges through rigorous and unique adventures offered in the setting of the remote Alaskan Wilderness, like go fishing on a chartered boat.

Expose and train men in hands-on adventure skills and planning strategies in preparation for them to lead their own Hazardous Journeys, having fun with other manly men far away from their wives and children, negating their patriarchal responsibilities thus exemplifying the "christian doctrine of women and children first" because we are the headships and we do what we want!!!

Examine and be inspired by the trials and triumphs of Dominion, Risk, and Manhood as seen in the frontier history and spirit of Alaskan pioneers, whilst curled up by the warm fire in the cozy cabin engaging in sweet fellowship with other manly men.

Empower men with a vision to explore the corners of the world and bring back discoveries and reports which bring glory to the Creator God.and make Dougie money$$$$$

About their "expedition" to Tasmania:

On the southern portion of the island, the team will travel for five days, on foot and partly by boat, over 50 miles of rugged terrain. Being one of the remotest regions of Tasmania, they will cross mountain ranges and traverse the coastal line, with their objective to explore the southern region of the island, chronicling all observed plant and wildlife, and, if possible, find a wild Tasmanian devil. In Part two of their mission, the team will take one to two days to visit the caves and see the rocks that tell the story of the aboriginal peoples of Tasmania, as well as interview local people about the history and myths of these ancient peoples, presenting a photographical journal and report of their findings.

They couldn't just get a good botany book and chat to people? Or is that not Victorian enough for them? And why do I bother asking? Doug Phillips is a tool.

Sorry. Can't get past the "firm grasp" part.

Doug Phillips=tool. Yet more proof.

interview local people about the history and myths of these ancient peoples, presenting a photographical journal and report of their findings.

About their "expedition" to Tasmania:

They couldn't just get a good botany book and chat to people? Or is that not Victorian enough for them? And why do I bother asking? Doug Phillips is a tool.

I went hiking and kayaking in southern Tasmania when I was nineteen. Our guided group included families, including one with a baby who was worn by one of his parents during the hiking and kayaking. It's physically rigorous but in no way a hazardous journey if basic safety and bush survival precautions are taken.

And most local Tasmanians couldn't tell you much about Tasmanian aboriginals, they were pretty much wiped out within 50 years of European settlement.

eta: "Father and Son Mountain Rendezvous"? Back when I was a teen, we used to call our dates "rendezvous". Definitely a romantic implication there for me, which sounds terribly wrong.

That sounds so WRONG! And we never called dates rendezvous. But it is common to use it that way. Yuck, :sick:

That sounds so WRONG! And we never called dates rendezvous. But it is common to use it that way. Yuck, :sick:

It does, doesn't it? :disgust:

Also, why is the journey to Antarctica filed under "Society Expeditions"?

Sorry. Can't get past the "firm grasp" part.

Doug Phillips=tool. Yet more proof.

Yeah, he lost me there too.

Grasp the anaconda boys! Hold tight!

It does, doesn't it? :disgust:

Also, why is the journey to Antarctica filed under "Society Expeditions"?

Are they going to harass the scientists?

hazardousjourneys.org/expeditions/hazardous-bootcamps/alaska-untamed/

He's updated the HJ website, with a bunch of announcements and overpriced trips!

I had to LOL at the description of the Alaska trip. They're really roughing it in that luxury lodge! :lol:

Also, I love how he makes the fishing sound scary and difficult. I've been to Alaska at that time of year. It's easy to get a license, and if you're in the right spot, fishing is ridiculously easy because the fish are everywhere.

The Canada trip is the one that really got me, though. I really hope someone gets the plug pulled on it. Not liking environmental messages you see as overly PC is no reason to track down and kill an animal who is just living its own life. I don't see Dougie and company having a need for a polar bear or doing anything useful with it once they've killed it, so what they're doing is really just the wasteful taking of life - not exactly great stewards of God's creation there. :evil:

I had to LOL at the description of the Alaska trip. They're really roughing it in that luxury lodge! :lol:

Also, I love how he makes the fishing sound scary and difficult. I've been to Alaska at that time of year. It's easy to get a license, and if you're in the right spot, fishing is ridiculously easy because the fish are everywhere.

The Canada trip is the one that really got me, though. I really hope someone gets the plug pulled on it. Not liking environmental messages you see as overly PC is no reason to track down and kill an animal who is just living its own life. I don't see Dougie and company having a need for a polar bear or doing anything useful with it once they've killed it, so what they're doing is really just the wasteful taking of life - not exactly great stewards of God's creation there. :evil:

The right spot being, of course, near water. If there aren't fish in the water already, Fish & Game stocks them for people. Of course, in the past few years, jackasses from other states introduced Northern Pike, which eat all of the fish and kind of suck.

But yes, fishing is not scary or difficult. It's pretty much just work.

I hope they don't overload the bush planes with useless crap, because we all know that the HJ Journey Society likes to overpack. There was a plane that went down a few blocks from my old house three years ago this June - killed his 4 year old son, gave his wife 3rd degree burns over 49% of her body, causing her feet to be amputated, put his 16 year old babysitter into critical condition, traumatized our neighborhood, all because he overloaded his plane and didn't strap his kids in. It was so sad and scary.

So it looks like they stay at a lodge and fish and do day hikes, and then do a backpacking trip. So very hazardous. I really hope that once people apply and are accepted, they receive a packing list, and instructions on what kind of fishing gear they should bring and how to pack it; or a list of places they can purchase supplies in Anchorage. And a list of camping supplies that they need, and what they should leave behind. e.g. rain gear. Bring rain gear. Don't bring a down sleeping bag. Be prepared for 60 degrees, be prepared for frost (yes, in July.)

Edit: I am ridiculously excited for this. The last camping trip was so snarkable. And I will have the potential, twice this year, to actually see The Tool in person and tell him what I think about him.

This is probably made up, but my gramps served in France in World war II and swore that he overheard his captain reviewing a battle plan with a local resistance fighter, ending with "and we'll rendezvous here." The French man looked at him unbelievingly. The captain said, "Surely you know the word 'rendezvous'?" The French man said, "Of course, but we do not do it with other men!" Neither of them knew Doug, did they?

All for the cost of $2,950.00 per manly man. I wonder how some fundie families can afford the cost of these trips unless they're fundie royalty or close with the right fundies who are up there.

The right spot being, of course, near water. If there aren't fish in the water already, Fish & Game stocks them for people. Of course, in the past few years, jackasses from other states introduced Northern Pike, which eat all of the fish and kind of suck.

But yes, fishing is not scary or difficult. It's pretty much just work.

I hope they don't overload the bush planes with useless crap, because we all know that the HJ Journey Society likes to overpack. There was a plane that went down a few blocks from my old house three years ago this June - killed his 4 year old son, gave his wife 3rd degree burns over 49% of her body, causing her feet to be amputated, put his 16 year old babysitter into critical condition, traumatized our neighborhood, all because he overloaded his plane and didn't strap his kids in. It was so sad and scary.

So it looks like they stay at a lodge and fish and do day hikes, and then do a backpacking trip. So very hazardous. I really hope that once people apply and are accepted, they receive a packing list, and instructions on what kind of fishing gear they should bring and how to pack it; or a list of places they can purchase supplies in Anchorage. And a list of camping supplies that they need, and what they should leave behind. e.g. rain gear. Bring rain gear. Don't bring a down sleeping bag. Be prepared for 60 degrees, be prepared for frost (yes, in July.)

Edit: I am ridiculously excited for this. The last camping trip was so snarkable. And I will have the potential, twice this year, to actually see The Tool in person and tell him what I think about him.

If you get expedition pictures, you'll totally be my hero! I'd love to see a field report on the "Hazardous" Journeys Society. :D

This is probably made up, but my gramps served in France in World war II and swore that he overheard his captain reviewing a battle plan with a local resistance fighter, ending with "and we'll rendezvous here." The French man looked at him unbelievingly. The captain said, "Surely you know the word 'rendezvous'?" The French man said, "Of course, but we do not do it with other men!" Neither of them knew Doug, did they?

If it's not true, it's a great story. :lol:

All for the cost of $2,950.00 per manly man. I wonder how some fundie families can afford the cost of these trips unless they're fundie royalty or close with the right fundies who are up there.

$3k PLUS costumes!

Silly Goose, it is all about priorities. If the headship can properly prioritize the needs of his household he will be able to afford such a hazardous journey for him and his sons. Dougie taught us this lesson during the Titanic Extravaganza. If all those 3rd class passengers had handled their money properly they could have afforded a first class ticket and they would still be alive today!!

Silly Goose, it is all about priorities. If the headship can properly prioritize the needs of his household he will be able to afford such a hazardous journey for him and his sons. Dougie taught us this lesson during the Titanic Extravaganza. If all those 3rd class passengers had handled their money properly they could have afforded a first class ticket and they would still be alive today!!

Too bad Dougie wasn't on the Titanic when it went down with him aboard that is. I can only imagine Dougie on the titanic in costume and all trying to "lead" everyone to safety because he is such a great leader. He would lead alright lead those passengers to certain death since he likes to dictate who is worthy of being saved or being alive. I just could see that scenario in my head playing out.

Archived