IGNORED

The Tool - Hazardous Journey Update!

Maggie Mae

Concerning the polar bear hunt, what the fuckity fuck fuck??? :pink-shock: Hello, you tool, they are ENDANGERED. Per the National Wildlife Federation website, they've been on the endangered species list since 2008. The tool even admits in his flowy, glowy writing "There is an animal that has become enshrined in the sympathy of the world from Coca Cola’s romanticized ads to Al Gore’s propaganda piece, An Inconvenient Truth. This animal is the arctic Polar Bear. [flowery crap writing edited out], the polar bear is the iconic symbol of global protection and environmental concern." So hey, let's go KILL ONE for shits and giggles!

:angry-steamingears:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. Or why not Virginia? We've got all kinds of military bases and there are bears and coyote on the loose all over the place. Perfect for playing dress-up and having wildlife sightings all in one trip! And have you seen the way people drive in the DC area? Now THERE'S a #hazardousjourney !

I think they should plan a hazardous journey to the Great Dismal Swamp. :D

Zambia is the land of the legendary African savanna, Victoria Falls, the wild Zambezi River, breath-taking lakes, abundant wildlife, and raw, pulsating wilderness. This Mission is tentatively planned and is subject to change. Team members are still to be determined.

Methinks "still to be determined" means they're sorting through applications (with pics!!) to see who's most cut out for this journey through the raw...pulsating...wilderness.

Continent: Asia

Description: Entering into Burma is a step back in time. This is the land of the Burmese python, the trained jumping cat, the working elephant, and the chinthe. With hundreds of stupas, Buddhist statues and monks, this culture is centered around false religion.

Fuck straight off you tools. Also pick whether you're going to call the country Burma or Myanmar and stick with it.

High in the Himalayas rests the land of Nepal, a country of snowy peaks, vast mountains, hairy Yaks, fierce rapids, mountaineering Sherpas, and perhaps the mysterious Yeti.

PLEASE tell me the cost of this #hazardousjourney includes a Yeti hunt. :pray:

I'd like to see Doug (is a tool) take a hazardous journey to North Korea. Maybe when Kim Jong-un sees what we Americans have to deal with he'll back down in sympathy.

Another Alaskan weighing in here.

First, this is filed under "Hazardous Bootcamps." These appear to be the exact same hazards undertaken by families with nurslings, or senior citizens with hiking poles.

"Rigorous and unique adventures." Let's count them, shall we?

1. "Venture to a Remote Spectacular Basecamp at the Heart of a National Park." Stonewood's brochure says: "We organize a charter flight direct to the lodge around our guests (sic) schedule which allows you and your group to travel seamlessly and without delay."

2. "Travel by Bush Plane." Stonewood's brochure says: "We are a remote wilderness lodge accessible only by aircraft," just like dozens of other Alaska wilderness lodges. I guess if you've never flown in a Cessna before it would be a treat.

3. "Explore Mountain Glaciers and High Passes without (sic) Any Trails." Stonewood's brochure promises "daily outings to the most pristine locations." Ten miles out and ten miles back, somewhere above the treeline with such clear lines of sight that you don't need a trail if you keep an eye on the landmarks the pilot points out to you, sounds about right. Also, "dropped off with all your gear?" All of the accessories survival gear that Doug considers essential? If the pilot is responsible, this is not going to happen. (But see below!)

4. "Learn Alaskan Pioneer History and Visit Historic Home Sites." Like any cruise ship passenger on the coast. I guess seeing the cabin inhabited by that guy who wrote that memoir will make them more manly by osmosis. I wonder if Doug Phillips (is a tool) is aware that at least half of these memoirs of life in the Bush are written by women.

5. "Experience Trophy Alaskan Fishing: Catch (and Feast on) Salmon." According to Stonewood's brochure, the "trophy" part of this is the replica trophy mount available for catch-and-release fishing. Sockeye salmon will be in season during the trip, and unless they are complete stumblebums the guides will make sure they catch their limit. The lodge, as is usual for these operations, will be happy to freeze them and pack them to be taken home.

6. "Survive a special 'Alaskan Inauguration' Bush Adventure Challenge." This is also described as "the memorable 24-hour 'Alaska Bush Challenge.' " I wonder if they mean an overnight raft rental, with lodge guides as the "mystery team." Or perhaps they'll use the lodge's fleet of jet boats--? Or they're going to do the fly-in guided mountain trekking package, but have the guides fly out a day early while they camp at the landing site?

7. "Receive Training, Experience, and Encouragement. Be exposed and equipped with a fuller understanding of our role in being a (sic!) risk-taking, man-building, and dominion-minded men who are willing to see God be glorified in all areas of life, including His created world." Stonewood's version of this: "Corporate Trips and Business Meetings. Stonewood Lodge offers the perfect solution to combine business meetings and retreats with engaging adventure trips, fishing, and Alaska sight-seeing . . . the lodge is set up with a large conference room that is great for work sessions, presentations, and business meetings."

Hazardous Journeys bills Stonewood as unique, but if you search on "alaska wilderness lodge," you'll turn up pages of places that offer all of the same activities and amenities, except for the on-site conference room. (Also, SOTDRT strikes again: the Hazardous Journeys ad calls the place Stonewater, which is the name of a lodge in Michigan.)

Okay, who is Preston Cavner? Is he even a licensed guide? I looked him up and got a hell of a shock. Yes, he's licensed, but this is the guy who lost his little son in that crash in 2010! His wife (and co-owner of the whole operation, not that you can tell from the Hazardous Journeys copy!) lost her feet and their babysitter was horribly burned.

It's terrible, what happened to his family. But according to the NTSB, he is the reason that plane crashed. He let his children ride on people's laps instead of securely strapped in. He messed around with the flaps. And he overloaded the plane by more than 600 pounds, so much extra crap that rescuers had a hard time getting past it to get the passengers out.

EDITED because I said something uncharitable about a bereaved father who made a terrible mistake. I wonder whether Doug (Phillips is a tool) will try to use his tragedy to "bring him to God."

I'd like to see Doug (is a tool) take a hazardous journey to North Korea. Maybe when Kim Jong-un sees what we Americans have to deal with he'll back down in sympathy.

We will no longer have to worry about him declaring war on us. He'll be too busy laughing himself into a side stitch to recite the code sequences.

I think they should plan a hazardous journey to the Great Dismal Swamp. :D

Death Valley, CA? :dance:

Death Valley, CA? :dance:

The uptown 4 or 5 train in NYC, during an evening rush hour. I dare them.

Eited because I neglected to mention that Doug Phillips is a tool. My bad.

Why can't they take a hazardous journey into NC so I could go see them! Granted there is nothing too dangerous here, but maybe they could go try to catch rattlesnakes and copperheads. Plus, it isn't like they are doing anything dangerous in any of their other journeys.

Doesn't his bosom friend Peety live down in NC? I think it would be hilarious to see BRADRICK! in action.

Methinks "still to be determined" means they're sorting through applications (with pics!!) to see who's most cut out for this journey through the raw...pulsating...wilderness.

Fuck straight off you tools. Also pick whether you're going to call the country Burma or Myanmar and stick with it.

Sure, Dougie. I hope you and your manly menz get your asses handed to you. Just remember, these Asian cultures had alphabets and fully matured literature when your ancestors were still figuring out the wheel.

PLEASE tell me the cost of this #hazardousjourney includes a Yeti hunt. :pray:

I'd pay the Yetis to hunt HIM.

I'm so lost. The same guy who touted the Titanic as the ultimate example of manliness and putting "women and children first" is now gathering his squad of righteous fellas for a freaking POLAR BEAR HUNT? How much more offensive can this guy get? Does he not understand that people DIED on the Titanic and glorifying them by dressing in dumb clothes and drinking tea doesn't change the fact it was a tragedy?!? I hate to think that an endangered animal has to die so that this idiot and his chums can feel like "real men". What do they plan to do with the polar bear? Eat it, use its bones for tools and make a hut from its hide? Where in the Bible does it say that being a pompous prick is godly? Hey interns, you guys look like insensitive FOOLS!

Can Dougie and his manly men walk on water when the plane lands in the middle of that lake?

I'm so lost. The same guy who touted the Titanic as the ultimate example of manliness and putting "women and children first" is now gathering his squad of righteous fellas for a freaking POLAR BEAR HUNT? How much more offensive can this guy get? Does he not understand that people DIED on the Titanic and glorifying them by dressing in dumb clothes and drinking tea doesn't change the fact it was a tragedy?!? I hate to think that an endangered animal has to die so that this idiot and his chums can feel like "real men". What do they plan to do with the polar bear? Eat it, use its bones for tools and make a hut from its hide? Where in the Bible does it say that being a pompous prick is godly? Hey interns, you guys look like insensitive FOOLS!

Oh, you. Tsk. Don't you understand that the Titanic was an event for the manly men to show the ladies just how manly they are? Never mind how many people died. It's all about dressing up, sipping tea, being manly and completely oblivious to the human tragedy the Titanic was*. And haven't you watched his video presentation about the expeditions? Tsk, how careless of you. If you had, you'd know that this is a rival project to "National Geographic" - the Christian counter-project. It's time for Christian, manly men to chart the world anew from luxury accommodation, shoot the last polar-bear with a sniper rifle because that's what large game-hunters in the 19th century did, and relish in their "white saviour complex", while reinventing the wheel...from a Christian manly perspective. So, yes, they are going to needlessly slaughter an endangered animal, and will probably leave all but the skull and the fur behind. Manly, isn't it? :disgust:

* A friend from Southampton did a project on the Titanic recently. It was heartbreaking to hear how many families alive today, had lost someone back then- almost exclusively crew. Thinking of Dougie's tea-party makes me feel stabby.

All for the cost of $2,950.00 per manly man. I wonder how some fundie families can afford the cost of these trips unless they're fundie royalty or close with the right fundies who are up there.

Plus airfare & a hotel in Anchorage for the first night. So probably closer to $4,600, if flying on Alaska Air from San Antonio.

They should have let me plan them a trip. I would have charged less.

Details & Pro Rated Trip Cost — $2,950

This trip is a well-rounded, full-fledge Alaskan experience with more opportunities than most people could fit in one trip. Our host has gone out of his way to substantially reduce our costs to make this trip much more affordable. What participants will experience for this price is an outstanding cost value. You will fly in bush planes, ride in lake boats, feast on local foods, fish, hike, lodge in outstanding accommodations — all in the heart of one of Alaska’s most secluded and wild National Parks. This is a wonderful opportunity to experience Alaska and will be a trip you will never forget at a price that is a steal.

Do they know what prorate means? Does that mean the cost rises if they can't fill all of the spots? Why is it two words?

"more opportunities than most people could fit into one trip?" Really? "Substantially reduce our costs?" Not really. If you want to substantially reduce your costs, don't stay at a lodge. Spend a few days in a campground that has a shower, do a hiking/backpack trip, bring bear spray. Buy food from Safeway, and cook it yourself on a camp stove. Or even rent RVs - that way you could see more of the state. Spend some time in Anchorage - you have an opportunity to do the following: eat at somewhat interesting restaurants, shop at REI, hand out tracts (because you know you want to), go to the museum, go to the zoo, hike, backpack, fish, rent a bike, run on our trails, hang out with the creepy guy who runs the Baptist Church who wants to build the world's largest cross over our city that has a zoning restrictions on building height, volunteer at our soup kitchen, climb a mountain, taste some delicious microbrewed beer, see a show, support some local music, say hi to Star, the reindeer that someone keeps as a pet, or a ton of other things. They could go to Homer and fish or just see the town. They could go to Denali National Park, and stop and see Talkeetna on the way north.

"Feast on local foods?" It's either going to be salmon and local veggies, or it's going to be illegal. Or "reindeer sausage" which the legal limit for sale is something like 10% caribou if it's sold. (That sentence is awkward. I don't know how to fix it. Basically, it's illegal to sell wild game. They sell reindeer sausage, but it's mostly pork.

I'm also wondering how "outstanding" the Lodge accommodations really are. A lot of off grid places charge a lot for what is essentially a room at a Motel 6.

Actually, the USA does not allow the importation of polar bear "trophies" from Canada due to the endangered status of the animal. So, I'm guessing the hunt would be pure wasteful taking of life on HJS's part. The men I respect are man enough not to do something evil like that. Oh, but then again, Dougie is a tool.

Actually, the USA does not allow the importation of polar bear "trophies" from Canada due to the endangered status of the animal. So, I'm guessing the hunt would be pure wasteful taking of life on HJS's part. The men I respect are man enough not to do something evil like that. Oh, but then again, Dougie is a tool.

I hate to even suggest this because I have yet to have a logical conversation with them... but does anyone have any contacts with PETA? Perhaps with their help we can at least prevent the senseless killing of a polar bear.

Doug Phillips is a tool. :music-tool:

Can Dougie and his manly men walk on water when the plane lands in the middle of that lake?

BWAH! Didn't catch that!

ETA: The only price quoted in Stonewood's brochure is $5,200 for six days of fishing. So $2,950 for 10 days of assorted excursions could well be a good deal. Depends on how much Doug (Phillips is a tool) is charging on top of Stonewood's group rate.

ETA 2: Caught another typo! If your business faith-based outreach program is based on selling a set of "Core Principals," you really should be able to spell P-R-I-N-C-I-P-L-E-S.

One of the clues in to-day's NY Times crossword puzzle is "tool". I actually tried to see if I could enter "Doug Phillips" as the answer. Alas, the Times has yet to recognize that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Now, back to more Hazardous Journeys...

I hate to even suggest this because I have yet to have a logical conversation with them... but does anyone have any contacts with PETA? Perhaps with their help we can at least prevent the senseless killing of a polar bear.

Doug Phillips is a tool. :music-tool:

I know PETA can be a tad fundie in their beliefs too, but I would love to see them take on Dougie and save a polar bear who is going to be killed just so he can prove he is "manly".

ETA: The only price quoted in Stonewood's brochure is $5,200 for six days of fishing. So $2,950 for 10 days of assorted excursions could well be a good deal. Depends on how much Doug (Phillips is a tool) is charging on top of Stonewood's group rate.

ETA 2: Caught another typo! If your business faith-based outreach program is based on selling a set of "Core Principals," you really should be able to spell P-R-I-N-C-I-P-L-E-S.

I have to say, I don't really understand the draw of chartered salmon fishing. It seems too similar to something they could do in the lower 48. I would have pushed for a halibut trip, because that gives tourists the pictures they want of them with a halibut, plus the allure of ocean fishing. Also, if they wanted salmon, they can do a salmon charter out of Seward for less than that, with all equipment included. I would much rather skip the boat and just stand in the river with my waders and enjoy the experience of catching fish. To each their own though!

I wonder how the hiking is over there. I'm a little sad that they aren't hanging out in Anchorage longer. I was hoping for some pictures of them climbing Flattop , and a description of the OMG DANGER.

Did you think Doug (Phillips is a tool)'s 100th anniversary commemoration of the Titanic sinking was kinda douch-ey? Well, good news!! Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is celebrating the 101st anniversary of the Titanic, and SO CAN YOU! This promises to be even more misogynistic than last year--and you didn't think that would be possible! NO WIMMIN ALLOWED!

Vision Forum has thoughtfully emailed me the following. It includes lots of stirring photos from last year's gala, which I won't bother to copy since they're on the VF website: costumes, manly stances, the usual crap:

Celebrate the Sacrifice of the Titanic

This April 14 marks the 101st anniversary of the sinking if the R.M.S. Titanic, one of the most highlighted moments in history in which men and boys sacrificed their lives for women and children.

One year ago, families from all across the country came together to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It was an incredible event and one which gave glory to God for His hand of grace on the lives of the men who sacrificed themselves on that cold April night. With more than a hundred reenactors, soul-stirring messages, many live performances that highlighted the music of the era, and a memorable dinner cruise, we have been told by many that it was one of the most moving events in the history of Vision Forum Ministries.

The hundred-year mark of Titanic’s sinking truly stands as a place holder in a culture which has forgotten what it means to act nobly, to willingly give your life for another, and to honor women and children. At the heart of the forgotten notion of chivalry is the biblical doctrine of male sacrifice. This was exemplified in the life of Jesus Christ who gave his life for his “Bride,†the Church."

But the legacy of the men of the Titanic may not be ignored and left to end after its centennial mark. Click here to view a collection of more then thirty music, message, and performance clips from the Titanic 100." (video clips from last year's gala inserted in email here. More costumes, stirring music and manly stances)

"The Legacy and Ongoing Work of the CBMTS

More than fifteen years ago, my father founded the Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society (CBMTS) to promote the biblical understanding of “Women and Children First†to future generations. Our goal is to study the many spiritual lessons which can be derived from the sinking of the Titanic and to apply them to our lives today, both spiritually and practically. Since that time, the CBMTS has come together for one evening each year to commemorate the legacy of the Titanic and to remind boys and men of our duty to carry the mantle of sacrificial manhood.

Last year, for the one hundredth anniversary celebration, my father passed the baton of leadership for the society to me. My desire is to see this important work advance. This next week, a group of men and boys will be gathering in San Antonio, Texas, headquarters of the Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society, to continue to honor the men of the Titanic and to commit to living sacrificially as we remember this monumental event with our annual dinner.

An Appeal to You: Gather a Dozen Friends

and Hold Your Own Titanic Dinner

This year, I also would like to encourage each of you to begin a similar tradition. It doesn’t need to be big; it doesn’t need to be complicated. Just gather a few or many of your friends together for an evening meal of prayer, thanksgiving, and commemoration as men. What a wonderful thing it would be to know that, in dozens of places around the country, men are gathering to honor those who went before us!

How to Host a Dinner

The elements are simple:

Gather your friends (men and boys).

Eat out or in, but make it a memorable feast.

Read excerpts from The Sinking of the Titanic or other historical accounts.

Let each person share a Scripture, prayer, poem, or toast.

Exhort each other to noble leadership and sacrifice.

Leave a record of your gathering in some form or another for the future.

Send us a picture of your event so we can select a few of the best and share them with thousands.

Feel free to show some of the many video clips at your event.

Enjoy Last Year’s Event by Video

Third Class Boys play ‘Road to Spencer’

Titanic Children’s Play: Archibald Butt

Bill Potter Remembers Mr. and Mrs. Strauss

"It was all that we had left to give."

On the Good Ship Lollipop

“Good Night Ladiesâ€

Remembering the legacy of an event from so long ago is not just about getting together, but it is about gathering, giving thanks, and applying the lessons to our own life.

For Women and Children First,

Joshua Titus Phillips

President, The CBMTS"

I guess the role of women in this new tradition is to prepare the "memorable feast", then retire to their fainting couches to fan themselves. Women and children first, my ass--as I recall, it was more like ""First class men, women and children first. Second class, steerage and crew? Not so fast..."

Doug Phillips: tool.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Teh WTF?

Couldn't The JT come up with this own idea to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Does Dougie (and mini dougie) realize that lots of people DIED when the Titanic sank? They seem to completly overlook look this fact to opine on the "Christian doctrine of women and children first."

:music-tool:

post-76-14451997795756_thumb.jpg

How the hell are they going to leave a record of their gathering for the future. Posting pics of their food on instagram?

Archived