IGNORED

Lori Alexander's Headaches & Brain Tumor Return - MERGE

Want More Babies

I do feel for her and the family even though I don't like them. But I also wonder why she let the headache go for so long. To be honest, when I read Ken's description a relapse was my first thought. Her immediate headache sounded like a stress headache, but the 6-8 weeks stood out to me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what she can blame this on since she has never worked a day in her life. Of course she has insurance so no worries on having the surgery performed. She truly is clueless how privileged she really is. Maybe this is her wake-up call to show empathy to others....here's to hope. I don't think this will change her at all though. :cry: I feel sorry for her, I really do.

I wonder what she can blame this on since she has never worked a day in her life. Of course she has insurance so no worries on having the surgery performed. She truly is clueless how privileged she really is. Maybe this is her wake-up call to show empathy to others....here's to hope. I don't think this will change her at all though. :cry: I feel sorry for her, I really do.

If it was her first time to be seriously ill, I would have more hope. But, she's had previous health problems and it didn't seem to change anything.

Is it wrong for me to hope that she has the best surgeon there is, one that is also a loving wife in a wonderful marriage who is proud of her 4 kids who all are all successfully employed or in graduate school and are also in satisfying, healthy relationships (and at least one of them gay)?

'Cause I feel horrible for Lori, but would love to see her have a chance to be "always learning" through this experience.

Is it wrong for me to hope that she has the best surgeon there is, one that is also a loving wife in a wonderful marriage who is proud of her 4 kids who all are all successfully employed or in graduate school and are also in satisfying, healthy relationships (and at least one of them gay)?

'Cause I feel horrible for Lori, but would love to see her have a chance to be "always learning" through this experience.

Except in Lori's dictionary "Always Learning" is defined as "Always Right, even when I'm being stabbed in the face with facts."

I also hope for Lori to have that kind of surgeon. But knowing how she and Ken are, they will do their best to shop around for male surgeon.

I hate this kind of news. I HATE IT. Every. Single. Time. I hear about someone with a brain tumor, I get a nasty headache. LEAVE ME ALONE, PARANOIA.

Seriously though, I hope things work out okay. :(

OK friends ... Lori's in bed so time for an update from Ken.

The last 6-8 weeks Lori has had pretty much a constant headache. Ice was helping, but the last two weeks it appears to be moving around from top, to right temple to back of the head, but constant with no relief.

We are back in the thick of things it seems with her pain, just different. MRI is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and your prayers are much coveted for my doll. Her ministry keeps growing and her faith and walk with Jesus are a strong as ever, but the pain shuts her down now... so please Lord send the relief for your faithful, selfless child.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers as we need nothing less a

nd nothing more :) ken

Aww, I didn't know that men wanted dolls who doubled as crazy-ass, hateful witches! I must remember this while on my hunt for Prince Charming.

I don't see Ken's note or anything from Lori on the blog. The last blog entry is from Wednesday 4/10 about women leaders.

I don't see Ken's note or anything from Lori on the blog. The last blog entry is from Wednesday 4/10 about women leaders.

Ken and Lori posted the health issues on the FB page that she has for her blog.

facebook.com/pages/Always-Learning/299701696710545

I also think she will do a blog posting about it soon.

Or God's way of telling her to dump the douche of a husband. She's parroting the whole fundie submission thing where the husband is a god. Its almost as though she's trying to convince herself of this shite. Living like that would certainly give me migraines, surpressing all the frustration and stress.

Dump the husband and bullshit.

My older brother had brain tumors (he passed away 3 years ago), we were brought up with little to no religion and he came to it later in life. What was 'interesting', I suppose one could say was that as the tumors grew he became more and more obsessed with his views on religion, including a few periods where he was convinced that he was not only god's but satan's messenger as well, he certainly swung closer to extreme christianity at that time. Makes me wonder how much Lori is effected by hers, both now and in the past. These tumors certainly leave their mark.

And for all the headaches Lori gives me, I wish her the best in her treatment, and really wish she'd dump the husband (one can dream).

She has a meningioma. It's a benign tumor- albeit in a not great place. With the help of modern medicine and a good surgeon she should be OK. Black salve will probably not help her much. She must have really good insurance if she can shop around for a neurosurgeon. I really hope she thinks of how her life would be right now if she didn't have insurance. Interestingly she probably is or will become adrenally insufficient but it will be due to her tumor affecting her pituitary gland and not due to her leaving the house.

He told me I would have to have an MRI every five years but the recurrence is only 10%. Last May, I thought I inflamed by cranial nerve in my right temple from eating a lot of carrots. Today, I found out my tumor has returned. It is benign but dangerous. Once it fills up the space where my pituitary is, my body begins shutting down.

This time, however, I know I just need to eat a massive amounts of salt and drink a tiny bit of water. My dad, a retired doctor, is in the process of finding a neurosurgeon who has done a lot of these types of surgeries. The one I had nine years ago is retired.

I don't understand what food has to do with this.

That sucks, and it has to be a scary situation for her.

I doubt she'll leave Ken. He seems to like it when she's weak and submissive, and her illness is forcing her into that position. She's probably feeling very much like the "weaker vessel" right now - although that is due to her health, not being female. Ken seems to have a reasonably successful orthodontist practice. Right now, she needs good medical care, and she'll also need practical assistance at home. More than ever, she will be relying on Ken. She's been preaching submission to her kids and her church, so she'll think that she wouldn't be able to rely upon them for support if she left. In my experience, women who are middle-aged or older and who are married to men who are financially comfortable but given little access/control over money are often the very last to leave, even in situations of abuse or infidelity. They have too much to lose, too little confidence in their ability to make it alone, and no independent support system or identity aside from being "wife of...".

When she was complaining about the headaches I had a horrible feeling that the tumor had returned. Benign or not, the brain is an awful place for a tumor. I'm sorry to hear that it's returned, and I wish her a successful surgery and a good recovery.

Benign or not, the brain is an awful place for a tumor.

Yes, this... while it's not as bad as a malignant tumor, it's still bad and benign tumors can be dangerous themselves.

She still faces a lot of danger from the risks of the surgery itself, and possibly having (or already having from the first tumor, as has been discussed before) a lasting brain injury. She is right about something, the risk of a benign tumor is growing and overcrowding which leads to pressure problems. If it gets to a place you can't remove it and/or keep the growth under control, you have a big problem.

I don't know why she is going to eat tons of salt and little water. I don't think being dehydrated would help her... :?

Edit: I put some details about the risks Lori would face under a spoiler because I thought they could be upsetting or triggering.

This woman ticks me off, but I don't wish this kind of thing on anybody. I hope she does well in surgery and recovers quickly. I also hope her asshole husband treats her well and doesn't take advantage of her while she is ill.

....and maybe I hope Lori catches wind of this thread so she can "learn" that even though somebody disagrees with you or thinks you're a tool, they can still be compassionate, empathetic, sympathetic, and other things Lori's not.

I doubt she'll leave Ken.

Oh, ITA. If she didn't leave him when she was well, why would she leave him now? She needs him and she needs insurance.

Interesting, her father is a retired doctor. She really has led a comfortable life, financially, hasn't she?

Yeah, what was that salt and water remark about? Maybe some medical fjers can chime in?

And I agree with all who have wished her successful surgery and recovery.

Yes, this... while it's not as bad as a malignant tumor, it's still bad and benign tumors can be dangerous themselves.

She still faces a lot of danger from the risks of the surgery itself, and possibly having (or already having from the first tumor, as has been discussed before) a lasting brain injury. She is right about something, the risk of a benign tumor is growing and overcrowding which leads to pressure problems. If it gets to a place you can't remove it and/or keep the growth under control, you have a big problem.

I don't know why she is going to eat tons of salt and little water. I don't think being dehydrated would help her... :?

Edit: I put some details about the risks Lori would face under a spoiler because I thought they could be upsetting or triggering.

I worry about this as well. I am concerned that it's something she read on the internet or some book instead of the advice of her doctor. Either way, I am sorry that she has a brain tumor. I imagine she must be very scared right now and I wish her a full recovery.

This type of brain tumor is referred to as benign but malignant by location, meaning it doesn't spread to distant sites but by growing within a closed area, the brain, it can destroy and displace brain tissue. Many of the childhood brain tumors that kill kids are benign but malignant by location. They are treated with chemo and radiation to try and stop the growth.

I am sorry Lori is going through this again.

That sucks, and it has to be a scary situation for her.

I doubt she'll leave Ken. He seems to like it when she's weak and submissive, and her illness is forcing her into that position. She's probably feeling very much like the "weaker vessel" right now - although that is due to her health, not being female. Ken seems to have a reasonably successful orthodontist practice. Right now, she needs good medical care, and she'll also need practical assistance at home. More than ever, she will be relying on Ken. She's been preaching submission to her kids and her church, so she'll think that she wouldn't be able to rely upon them for support if she left. In my experience, women who are middle-aged or older and who are married to men who are financially comfortable but given little access/control over money are often the very last to leave, even in situations of abuse or infidelity. They have too much to lose, too little confidence in their ability to make it alone, and no independent support system or identity aside from being "wife of...".

Ken isn't a an orthodontist. He is a business consultant to orthodontists. I get the feeling that he partially works from home. The oldest son Ryan works for Ken. Maybe Ken would let Ryan run things while he is tending to Lori. I can also see Lori having her daughter Cassi take care of her. Cassi still lives at home.

From the comments section

Cindy · 40 minutes ago

Lori,

You have been doing a very important work for our time in teaching what is right according to the Scripture and "teaching the younger women (and older ones too :) ) how to love their husbands and love their children." I appreciate the effort and time you invest. You are a constant encouragement to do what is good and right according to the Scripture.

I am praying for you and your complete healing.

Cindy

Tracy · 49 minutes ago

Praying for you, Lori - keep us posted. And I think writing on the blog as long as its beneficial to you is a good thing for you to do not only for yourself, but for those of us who are challenged by your posts ;) .

Kelley Highway · 1 hour ago

You have been such a positive influence on my life.

Love and prayers, dear!

Kelley~

I feel bad for Lori. But her fangirls saying that she is a positive influence and teaching what is "right" makes me want to throw up. Lori is one of most fucked up fundie bloggers out there.

Archived