IGNORED

Lias girls have a blog

Ms_Florence

My my, these daughters of Kim are popping up all over the web. The three middle/older ones have a blog now. I have to say, I like their sarcastic writing styles despite their origins.

the blog is fatshortandlean.wordpress. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

the Coghlans kind of suck you in because they are so so different from other dominionist Christian fundamentalist...but while those girls are much more outwardly expressive, worldly and savvy than the duggars, bates and of course the maxwells they are not when and where it counts.

the Coghlans kind of suck you in because they are so so different from other dominionist Christian fundamentalist...but while those girls are much more outwardly expressive, worldly and savvy than the duggars, bates and of course the maxwells they are not when and where it counts.

I really don't see the difference, except that Kim is quite personable and writes well and the girls have inherited some of that.

They tick every single dominionist VF box.

well the drinking/smoking, classic lit reading, jean wearing, piercings, martial arts taking to start. can you imagine jil duggar or anna Maxwell throwing one back while reading Wodehouse? :lol:

But the daughters at home and Kim don't wear jeans. The occasionally wear pants if they are needed for an activity, but Kim is strongly skirts only for most activities and enforces that for her daughters.

I think lots of fundies read classics, I'd be much more impressed if they were reading modern literary fiction.

The self defense is a good thing for the girls, but its done in their father's company, and Perry has mentioned it in relation to them needing to be able to protect their honour, so it's all part of the purity stuff.

I don't think it's uncommon in VF to drink in moderation - it seems to be an IFB think to be vehemently anti alcohol in all situations.

Re the piercings and Deanna in general - I think she's moving away from fundiedom, and that if she doesn't get pregnant soon that she will be fundie lite at the most, probably not even that.

other than the bible, pearl books, meditations and childrens literature ie. the early little house books I have not read of any grown women and older girls reading much of anything-example please?

ditto the rest, at least for the big name families talked about here-dugars, botkins, bates, maxwells among others, only the botkins would be likely to drink a little because they are a bit more sophisticated.

other than the bible, pearl books, meditations and childrens literature ie. the early little house books I have not read of any grown women and older girls reading much of anything-example please?

ditto the rest, at least for the big name families talked about here-dugars, botkins, bates, maxwells among others, only the botkins would be likely to drink a little because they are a bit more sophisticated.

Everyone except the Maxwells read. So many fundie girls are in love with Jane Austen and the 19th century in general, some read Christian fiction. The "Treasures from a Shoebox" daughters read classics and modern christian plays and novels. Hell, even Steve Maxwell read the Left Behind series before he was convicted not to. VF sells a wide selection of "approved" fiction and non fiction for adults, focusing on Christian biographies. I don't think the Duggars are big readers, but I'm pretty sure that's cultural, not cause its proscribed. There is a picture somewhere of a book shelf in the Bates home that contains adults books as well as childrens. The LiaS family do seem like bigger readers than most, which is great, but I'm not seeing any evidence that they are reading a wide, self directed variety of books. Kim has said that she monitors and censors what is on their kindles. That's normal in younger kids, but she has daughters over 16 whose reading materials she controls.

As to drinking - that's what I said. The IFB and ATI crowd avoid alcohol like its the plague, but the Calvinist VF types drink in moderation. Even Zsuzsanna cooks with alcohol sometimes.

well the drinking/smoking, classic lit reading, jean wearing, piercings, martial arts taking to start. can you imagine jil duggar or anna Maxwell throwing one back while reading Wodehouse? :lol:

I do find the LiaS family likable, but they're definitely fundie. They remind me of the "cool" crowd in the fundie church. They read books that are just a little edgier than the usual Jane Austen/Beautiful Girlhood/Elsie Dinsmore types of books that the more rigid fundier-than-thou crowd favors, they might dress a little trendier and show a little more self-confidence. However, they're still going to be SAHDs and if you scratch beneath the surface, I bet they still have those dominionist beliefs.

Wodehouse has dating and drinking and dancing and chaste kissing. Also fraud and theft (but for a good cause always, of course). Stevehovah Maxwell would have a stroke if any of his daughters read that stuff, I'm sure.

The LiaS are still beyond the fundie pale as far as I'm concerned, but to the Maxwells I'm sure they seem worldly.

I find the LIAS group more dangerous than the other really out there fundies. They are trying to make some very fucked up shit seem cool, and mainstream, and that's not a good thing.

No matter how pretty you wrap it up the whole thing is built on a foundation of lies, abuse, bullshit, and oppression.

deannasblog.com/funny-friday-holes/

I confess, I found this story adorable. Except for the bit where their mother would have spanked them. And how genuinely terrified Lydia was... Okay, so not really adorable at all. But if it'd been a novel, not real people, I'd have been roaring with laughter and aww. Which kind of sums the Coghlans up for me more generally - they'd be awesome as fictional characters.

Edited to break link. Please remove www and htt//.

-lilith

Archived