IGNORED

Josh Duggar instagram and facebook, Pt. 8!

pixydust

Which is why TLC has to promote them on shows like Today, GMA, and the 700 Club.

My mother who has never once sat in front on any sort of reality show on or off TLC regularly watches Honey Boo Boo. The Duggars can't even to begin to compete with her.

It's not surprising. Entertaining things actually happen on Honey Boo Boo.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Caputos from Long Island and the HBB family have a bit of mainstream appeal that the Duggars don't have. The Duggars really don't have mainstream appeal. They do come off as dull at times and Boob is a guy who tries to be funny but fails most of the time. Boob tried to pull off cool with that makeover in one episode last season. He looked like a doofus. Larry Sr. from LIM has the cool biker attitude and look. The HBB family is funny and probably could relate to more people than the Duggars are.. Mullet talks like a Stepford Wife at times. June and Theresa aren't Stepford Wives. The Caputo kids are living lives that aren't controlled by mommy and daddy 24/7. Larry Jr. has graduated from college and it seems he is now on his own. Victoria is attending college out of state. It has been stated that June has put some of the show salary into trust funds for the kids to use towards college.

The HBB family has more popularity than the Caputos. But Theresa will be coming out with a book and she was on Jimmy Fallon sometime back. We will never see the Duggars on a late night show. The hosts wouldn't know how to interview them because the Duggars are out of the loop on pop culture. The Duggars are also a bit isolated. Theresa and HBB know how to blend in because they are mainstream. I don't think Boob and Mullet know that they are on the bottom of the TLC reality show totem pole.

I don't think they know they are at the bottom because they don't watch television; so they are unaware of their competition. Also, they probably don't care, even if they did know about their standings! I think the Duggars are excited to have a show with it's perks and income! They are "stars" in their own little like-minded circle and that is good enough. :dance:

My absolute favorite moment of the crew is when they're outside the creationism museum, when they are asked their thoughts, and they all speak of how evolution and carbon dating are pretty indisputable. Years later and I'm still surprised that put that in.

edited for riffles

I'm pretty sure those weren't crew members. They were just questioning random hippies at the Weaver Street Market in Carrboro NC :)

I am really surprised that they included that segment, though. That whole episode was a really Duggar turning point for me.

I don't think they know they are at the bottom because they don't watch television; so they are unaware of their competition. Also, they probably don't care, even if they did know about their standings! I think the Duggars are excited to have a show with it's perks and income! They are "stars" in their own little like-minded circle and that is good enough. :dance:

I agree with that too. I remember that they watch their show through DVDs provided by TLC. They probably don't know HBB having a bodyguard around at public apperances. I think the Duggars do they enjoy their celebrity status in Christian circles. They have been invited to conferences and other events because of the show.

The Caputos from Long Island and the HBB family have a bit of mainstream appeal that the Duggars don't have. The Duggars really don't have mainstream appeal. They do come off as dull at times and Boob is a guy who tries to be funny but fails most of the time. Boob tried to pull off cool with that makeover in one episode last season. He looked like a doofus. Larry Sr. from LIM has the cool biker attitude and look. The HBB family is funny and probably could relate to more people than the Duggars are.. Mullet talks like a Stepford Wife at times. June and Theresa aren't Stepford Wives. The Caputo kids are living lives that aren't controlled by mommy and daddy 24/7. Larry Jr. has graduated from college and it seems he is now on his own. Victoria is attending college out of state. It has been stated that June has put some of the show salary into trust funds for the kids to use towards college.

The HBB family has more popularity than the Caputos. But Theresa will be coming out with a book and she was on Jimmy Fallon sometime back. We will never see the Duggars on a late night show. The hosts wouldn't know how to interview them because the Duggars are out of the loop on pop culture. The Duggars are also a bit isolated. Theresa and HBB know how to blend in because they are mainstream. I don't think Boob and Mullet know that they are on the bottom of the TLC reality show totem pole.

HBB family dose more for their community in a year then the duggers do in a lifetime. I dont agree with their decision to have a reality show. But, the money is going to the kids trust funds. And, the family is doing a lot in their community. That alone makes them more likable then the duggars. That and they let their children be children. They are not sister moms.

HBB and her posse is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. I couldn't even watch one whole episode of it, I really hate the mother and the whole attitude these people have.

Yup, they have shown that too. In addition to Jim Bob's stupidity, I think they also focus on what a cheapskate asshole he can be. I remember the shots of him whining on and on in NYC about paying for ice cream.

I think that the film crew like the kids, but don't care for Jim Bob and Michelle...everyone remembers the head shop in San Francisco, right? You don't let people that you like do that!

HBB and her posse is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. I couldn't even watch one whole episode of it, I really hate the mother and the whole attitude these people have.

Yes, after all the mother uses her brain to support her children, loves her daughters, completely welcomed her teen daughters baby, supports baby Kaitlyn, and gives back to her community. Despicable.

It's not surprising. Entertaining things actually happen on Honey Boo Boo.

I watch Honey Boo Boo too. A guilty pleasure and I'll give June Shannon and her family credit for something that I would never imagine any of the Duggars doing, which is being openly accepting and supportive of Sugar Bear's openly gay brother Lee (aka Uncle Poodle). I doubt that Dim Bulb or Mullet would allow any of their brood to spend time with Michelle's openly lesbian sister, Evelyn.

I watch Honey Boo Boo too. A guilty pleasure and I'll give June Shannon and her family credit for something that I would never imagine any of the Duggars doing, which is being openly accepting and supportive of Sugar Bear's openly gay brother Lee (aka Uncle Poodle). I doubt that Dim Bulb or Mullet would allow any of their brood to spend time with Michelle's openly lesbian sister, Evelyn.

Agreed. And along with loving Uncle Poodle, they seem to really love their entire immediate family. Plus, if they've gotten used to the TLC money, they don't show it. Same house right by two train tracks. I think I read they bought a "new" vehicle, but IIRC it was a used minivan. They aren't building a TTH or flaunting the latest iGadget while claiming to "buy used and save the difference." I don't like the whole Girl Scout cookie thing, cause it breaks rules the other girls are expected to follow, but I like the HBB gang much better than the Duggars.

Agreed. And along with loving Uncle Poodle, they seem to really love their entire immediate family. Plus, if they've gotten used to the TLC money, they don't show it. Same house right by two train tracks. I think I read they bought a "new" vehicle, but IIRC it was a used minivan. They aren't building a TTH or flaunting the latest iGadget while claiming to "buy used and save the difference." I don't like the whole Girl Scout cookie thing, cause it breaks rules the other girls are expected to follow, but I like the HBB gang much better than the Duggars.

What really made me love HBB was when they gave up Glitzy. June and Alanna were sitting on the couch, and Alanna said something like, "I'm sad; I think I'm going to go to my room for a while." and June said something like, "it's okay to be sad; I love you; take as much time as you need." 1) June cared enough for the dumb pig and her family to give up it before it was mistreated. 2) She let her daughter express negative emotions and gave her the space to work through them. That's about a hundred miles in front of the Duggars.

The only consistent thing I can find to snark on about them is their atrocious diet, which is more related to their class, their poverty (not really fair or true anymore), and June's unfortunate appearance. But knowing what I do about child psychology, I would ten times rather have June and Sugarbear as parents than the Duggars.

I'm pretty sure those weren't crew members. They were just questioning random hippies at the Weaver Street Market in Carrboro NC :)

I am really surprised that they included that segment, though. That whole episode was a really Duggar turning point for me.

Ah, you are correct. I went back and watched to see why I had the impression they interviewed the crew. One of the guys they were interviewing had large headphones around his neck and I guess I assumed he was part of the crew.

Whenever I hear someone mention them, it's always "that lady with all the kids," or "some woman in Arkansas just had her 19th kid..." I've never heard anyone mention The Duggars by name, and I've never really saw them in any celeb magazine or tabloids either.

Today was the second time I heard the Duggars mentioned on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me." One of the questions centered on how in China women wear fake pregnancy bellies to obtain preferential seating on trains. Sometimes the belly slips off. The panel member talking about the story said, "If you're Michelle Duggar it's probably real."

On the topic of film crew helping throw the duggars under the bus-reminds me of the episode when Jenny got her head stuck in the stair railings,and right after JBoob got her unstuck and handed her over to Jinjer-cut scene to a few seconds later everyones standing round talking and the camera pans in on Jenny climing on the outside railing directly behind Michelle,who has her back turned talking!

Yes, after all the mother uses her brain to support her children, loves her daughters, completely welcomed her teen daughters baby, supports baby Kaitlyn, and gives back to her community. Despicable.

IDK, all I have seen and read is government assistance, bad health, devastating eating choices, no education, 4 kids of 4 different fathers (3 with criminal records, 1 is unknown), pregnant teen-daugter - sounds like a fairytale! I have no idea how they "give back to the community", if they do, very good!

She probably doesn't show off because she has debt to pay off first. As much as I love Duggar bashing, in earning some money Boob isn't a total idiot.

Yes, I guess you DON'T know.

IDK, all I have seen and read is government assistance, bad health, devastating eating choices, no education, 4 kids of 4 different fathers (3 with criminal records, 1 is unknown), pregnant teen-daugter - sounds like a fairytale! I have no idea how they "give back to the community", if they do, very good!

She probably doesn't show off because she has debt to pay off first. As much as I love Duggar bashing, in earning some money Boob isn't a total idiot.

The family of Honey Boo Boo indeed has better qualities, COMPARED to Duggars and some other intolerant, selfish people. While I praise them for those better qualities, I think they hardly make a good example, when you look at the whole picture.

I love HBB. I watched at first out of curiosity but there is genuine love in that family and despite the circumstances they come from, they make the absolute best of life. Mama June is so funny too. It's the down to earth qualities that make me just want the best for this family. It's quite a different love than the Duggars, who control, manipulate, and dominate like a cult. I watch HBB and feel very happy for them. I watch the Duggars and feel very sad for them.

I doubt they qualify for government assistance now that they've got a TLC paycheque coming in, but what's wrong with government assistance?

I too prefer the HBB family to the Duggars. Granted, that's not saying much. The HBB family actually seems happy with their lives. There are times I wish I could say the same.

June and Jim Bob are two fish in the same barrel to me. They are both making money from exploiting their families on TV. I can't get too far beyond that. They both tried and succeeded by using a different schtick to get a "reality" TV show. They are both repellant to me in different ways. There is no way I'd emulate either one.

June loves her kids so much that she had to bribe the oldest one to come live with them to make the show. She'd packed her off to live with June's mother from very early on. I don't see any great shakes to June accepting the grandchild since she too was an unmarried teen mom. To me loving your kids and having some fun with them is the bare minimum of parenting. I've learned nothing from watching June except some appreciation of her cunning to get the show and how low she'll sink to keep the guffaws coming.

Well if TLC ever does give the Duggars the boot, they could always try out the Toddlers & Tiaras scene. Some of the younger j'slaves girls would probably do well all pimped out in Glitz! If fact they could "Go Glitz for God!" :mrgreen:

ed2d0002899311e28a2e22000a1fbc67_6.jpg

[ @ ] mackynziesmom Waiting for our flight! 7h

[ @ ] jesslyn_renae So big plz c me @mackynziesmom 7h

[ @ ] _maddiejio_ He looks like Josh!!! 7h

[ @ ] dancemomsmymy Adorable @mackynziesmom 7h

[ @ ] emilily88 So precious! 7h

[ @ ] ellenanne99 He is soo cute!!! <3 7h

[ @ ] maddiroche So does your family get a plane to yourselves yet? 6h

[ @ ] shirleyjkoz Michael awesome Michael 6h

[ @ ] ilovehorses3635 So cute @mackynziesmom 4h

[ @ ] ilovehorses3635 Were did you go on this flight Anna? @mackynziesmom 4h

[ @ ] teamdojo1 Praying a blessed trip!!! @mackynziesmom @joshduggar love y'all!!! 4h

[ @ ] jnbholtfamily Safe travels! God Speed! 4h

[ @ ] thelittlethings1000 Have a safe trip! 2h

[ @ ] idigtheduggars20 @ilovehorses3635 they are probably going to New York because they are going to be on the today show tomorrow 2h

[ @ ] ilovehorses3635 Oh? @idigtheduggars20 5min

[ @ ] xhellodollface98 love u guys ! 1min

Yeah, so not a "patch in." They're definitely announcing the pregnancy.

545fd090899611e2829522000a1fa769_7.jpg

[ @ ] mackynziesmom Coffee & chocolate milk! 6h

[ @ ] baseball_boy_27 Where are you guys going on vacation? @mackynziesmom 6h

[ @ ] emmabrangers Yum! 6h

[ @ ] lysi1217 Probably heading to the today show .... We are excited to know who is engaged lol that's what I am guessing safe travels.... 6h

[ @ ] kristinstew Is the show coming back on with new episodes? 6h

[ @ ] natalie_shell12 Who's engaged? @lysi1217 6h

[ @ ] lysi1217 Hi Natalie...The duggars are suppose to appear on the Today show on Monday...guessing what they might have to announce...I'm guessing someone might beeee engaged....but can't wait to find out lol 6h

[ @ ] v_i_k_k_i_ @lysi1217 @natalie_shell12 I'm thinking it's probably just to promote their new season that starts this week... but it sure would be fun if there is an announcement of some sort involved! :) 6h

[ @ ] natalie_shell12 Oh okay. Thanks. @lysi1217 @v_i_k_k_i_ 6h

[ @ ] johnnyangel805 Xna 6h

[ @ ] chansally Can wait to know what's going on 6h

[ @ ] ashtontaylor_ I could use some coffee right now.... Lol Daylight Savings is definitely not my favorite time of the year. Y'all have fun! :) 6h

[ @ ] loupdedrew Mmm chocolate milk. ; ) 5h

[ @ ] suzb123 There new season comes on tommorow night @kristinstew 5h

[ @ ] okaysh Your similar outfits are great; you both look really good. It's nice to see Jason too. Does one want to know how early you all have to get up to be on the Today Show? @mackynziesmom Hope it is a fun trip. 5h

[ @ ] ilovehorses3635 That is so cute Anna of you, Michael, and Jason @mackynziesmom 4h

[ @ ] tammieloohoo Have a safe flight ! 2h

[ @ ] idigtheduggars20 @mackynziesmom can you please tell us if there is any news???? 2h

[ @ ] mollykat_00 Michael kind of looks like his uncle Jason 1h

[ @ ] ellenk1710 Have fun in NY, hope you don't get to tired @mackynziesmom 1h

She has a LOT of lap for someone pushing 7 months...

Archived