IGNORED

Please Tell Me Togas Will Be Involved -Dougie/Greece -Merge

twin2

Hey, wait -- not all of us do!!! :?

Pardon. "Fundies" is the appropriate term. My apologies.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: $$ and VF. It's pretty clear that both VF.com and VFM.org exist primarily to be Dougie's cash cows. Would love for the IRS to take a long close look at VF Ministries in particular.

Word. The trip is conducted under the tax-exempt "Vision Forum Ministries". $5700 per person?! Assuming expenses amount to, at max, $4000 per person, Mr. Tool will be clearing over $200,000 tax-exempt dollars.

Are they a ministry or a luxury travel agency?

Word. The trip is conducted under the tax-exempt "Vision Forum Ministries". $5700 per person?! Assuming expenses amount to, at max, $4000 per person, Mr. Tool will be clearing over $200,000 tax-exempt dollars.

Are they a ministry or a luxury travel agency?

:text-yeahthat:

Not only are Dougie and his family going to get a free trip and make money by going on said trip, they will also record it and sell it for all the VF folks who are too poor to go! The whole purpose of VF is to make Doug money. Why his ilk can't see this is beyond me.

**Doug Phillips is a Tool**

Doug "The Tool" Phillips Greek Adventure sounds very homoerotic. Maybe Dougie just wants to try authentic Greco-Roman wrestling oiled up and naked with another man in the name of the lord.

I was watching repeats of It's a Brad, Brad World today on Bravo. It's about Brad Goreski, who was Rachel Zoe's design assistant, leaving Rachel's employ and striking out on his own. At their anniversary party, Brad's partner Gary Janetti was talking about how he and Gary met while vacationing on Mykonos. It was love at first sight!

Anyway, I thought about how Dougie and friends are going to Mykonos. I hope they see lots of happy gay couples.

Doug Phillips is a Tool.

This blog is really interesting, it talks a lot about Scott Brown's split with his original church (which led to the founding of NCFIC) and includes scans of VF's tax forms for 2005 and 2006. I'm sure quite a bit has changed since then.

ephesians511.wordpress.com/vision-forums-2006-form-990/

Not sure if this link from YouTube will work, but this cruise BS totally makes me think of this scene from South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut during Satan's big number "Up There"

ETA: Rats. Tried to get video frame to show but can't - you'll have to go to the link.

AETA: Doug Phillips Is A Tool

• 6 months later...

Well, gang, it's almost time for the VF toga extravaganza Ancient Greece Faith & Freedom Tour (visionforumministries.org/events/greece2013/). Surprisingly to moi, even with tour costs at $5700 a person, regardless of size or age or fullness of quiver, the thing actually sold out.

Note what VF Ministries tells the IRS about their EffNEff tours on page 27 of their 2011 IRS 990 Form (guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf):

FAITH AND FREEDOM TOURS - Tours are facilitated to study the history of various locations important to the history and heritage of America. These tours last between 1 and 2 weeks and each are attended by 100-200 people. A non-deductible fee is charged to the participants to help defray costs.

The Wind Star Company advertises charges (http://www.windstarcruises.com/windstar-yacht.aspx) ranging from $3500 - $5300, depending on accommodation.

Could $5700 really be considered a "non-deductible fee"?

Anyway - bring on the togas, and don't forget to take plenty of pictures on Mykonos, Dougie! :music-tool:

Well, gang, it's almost time for the VF toga extravaganza Ancient Greece Faith & Freedom Tour (visionforumministries.org/events/greece2013/). Surprisingly to moi, even with tour costs at $5700 a person, regardless of size or age or fullness of quiver, the thing actually sold out.

Note what VF Ministries tells the IRS about their EffNEff tours on page 27 of their 2011 IRS 990 Form (guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf):

I doubt the international wank-fests tours have such a high number of participants.

Could $5700 really be considered a "non-deductible fee"?

Does the company's price include airfares and 'extras'? You also have to add the cost of paying for the tickets for Doug (is a tool) and his family. I'm sure he's worked out exactly how much he'll get sponsored by the good citizens of the US of A, the rest of the cost will be carried by his faithful plebs. Doug :music-tool: may be many things (including a tool), but he's a businessman at heart, he knows how to look after his own bottom line.

So where is VF heading next. Last year it was England and Italy, this year it will be

..............................................................drum roll please.........................................................................

GREECE!!

Please, please please with sugar on top let them be dressing up in togas. I am already drooling dreaming of the endless pages of LOLDOUGs. I don't think I can wait till September. :evil:

visionforumministries.org/events/greece2013/

eta: looks like the cost is $5700/person. So it would cost $57000 for Dougie to take the whole family of 10, well if they actually paid. Damn, how do the VF commoners afford this shit.

This must be a (wet) dream come true. Ancient Greek culture was very much into men love..preferably younger boys...

Doug "The Tool" Phillips Greek Adventure sounds very homoerotic. Maybe Dougie just wants to try authentic Greco-Roman wrestling oiled up and naked with another man in the name of the lord.

Looking forward to the many, many, many photos of Doug (Phillips who is a tool) and his manly minions posing and pontificating in front of various historical sites. I expect it will be a veritable snarkapalooza wonderful opportunity to share sweaty toga-clad romps sweet fellowship among the intrepid voyagers...well, as long as they have penises; the women will probably be confined to some luxury resort.

Have I mentioned that Doug Phillips is a tool?

Edited to add: I've become a Homeskool Hero! Now I have an excuse for all my spelling and grammatical errors!

After the hilarious official writeup of their Alaskan Manliness Adventure, I am on tenterhooks for this one. Please, history and culture experts, give us a reading!

I can not wait. I can hardly keep from peeing my pants thinking at all the glorious photos to LOL up. The History of America Mega Conference was just an amsue bouche to the main feast that is the Greece Toga Party.

Watch out Dougie, I've been banking all my creative energy just for this. :twisted:

Archived