IGNORED

Please Tell Me Togas Will Be Involved -Dougie/Greece -Merge

twin2

So where is VF heading next. Last year it was England and Italy, this year it will be

..............................................................drum roll please.........................................................................

GREECE!!

Please, please please with sugar on top let them be dressing up in togas. I am already drooling dreaming of the endless pages of LOLDOUGs. I don't think I can wait till September. :evil:

visionforumministries.org/events/greece2013/

eta: looks like the cost is $5700/person. So it would cost $57000 for Dougie to take the whole family of 10, well if they actually paid. Damn, how do the VF commoners afford this shit.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oiled, naked Spartans being manly men... I'm sure Doug Phillips - is a tool- can't wait for September either.

Well done Doug! You can't get much more classical than Greece, right? Too bad there's no way to retroactively bring the good Word to the polytheistic heathens of the ancient world.

What is the proper VF way to appreciate ancient ruins of a civilization with very different beliefs from theirs? In what context can they appreciate the Pallas Athena, knowing that it was an edifice built to worship a female goddess? How do they even process that?

someone needs to think their wording through... "your own private yacht" (used multiple times on the webpages) = my own yacht. You are going for our private yacht.

and oy vey, their itinerary descriptions. They will look at the idolatrous Temple of Athena Nike. But he can't even come up with an excuse for why they are going to Mykonos. They will contemplate the fallen glory of Greece. Just admit that you want to tour Greece again, Doug Phillips (is a Tool).

Their "scholars" - Bill Potter, whose BA is listed first on the page, with a mention that he was a PhD candidate at some point. He's listed as ABD on another website but doesn't have a profile on the William & Mary History website.

Must be nice, though, to be Doug Phillips and have other people pay for your vacation, since I assume their fees are covered by everyone else.

someone needs to think their wording through... "your own private yacht" (used multiple times on the webpages) = my own yacht. You are going for our private yacht.

and oy vey, their itinerary descriptions. They will look at the idolatrous Temple of Athena Nike. But he can't even come up with an excuse for why they are going to Mykonos. They will contemplate the fallen glory of Greece. Just admit that you want to tour Greece again, Doug Phillips (is a Tool).

Their "scholars" - Bill Potter, whose BA is listed first on the page, with a mention that he was a PhD candidate at some point. He's listed as ABD on another website but doesn't have a profile on the William & Mary History website.

Must be nice, though, to be Doug Phillips and have other people pay for your vacation, since I assume their fees are covered by everyone else.

Can't wait!

In the meantime, here's some info on MR. Bill Potter, from Doug Phillips Is A Tool, in December 2004, waxing nostalgic about his college days (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2004/12/945/):

Participants in the Vision Forum Ministries Faith & Freedom Tours will remember Bill as my faithful and most capable tour guide partner. Bill and I met about twenty years ago when I was attending college and a Presbyterian church in Williamsburg, Virginia, where he was serving as an elder. He and his wife Leslie have seven children: Davis, Dabney, Electa, Beall, Jackson, Lydia, Claire, and Brandon.

Until just about a month ago, Bill lived on an estate in Charles City County, Virginia, which dates back to 1630. It was the location of both Revolutionary and Civil War battles, and the trenches are still visible. Bill’s home was always a delight to visit, not merely for the great company, but also for the wall-to-wall books numbering in the thousands upon thousands.

Incredibly principled in his theology and history, Bill was the top Ph.D. candidate with high ranking grades at the College of William and Mary, but was denied his Ph.D. by the Marxist history chairman (a former “Weatherman†radical at the University of Wisconsin) because of his overt Christian and Southern perspective on history.

My own studies focused on American studies and philosophy of music, but I was able to sit under some of the same history professors as Bill. The history department was a real enigma, being divided between old south historians and Marxist revolutionaries. A few of these professors were reasonable men, and very distinguished historians in their own right, including Ludwell Johnson and the Marxist-turned-Christian, Eugene Genovese.

And, yes, Megan, I'm sure that the projected max of participants (125) is carefully calibrated to ensure first of all that the Phillips family has its entire way paid for the trip.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

I'm thinking naked interns wrestling now.

Well done Doug! You can't get much more classical than Greece, right? Too bad there's no way to retroactively bring the good Word to the polytheistic heathens of the ancient world.

What is the proper VF way to appreciate ancient ruins of a civilization with very different beliefs from theirs? In what context can they appreciate the Pallas Athena, knowing that it was an edifice built to worship a female goddess? How do they even process that?

Yeah! What ThatSnark said.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me they are going to Mykonos?

Yes, they are. Are you going to make that joke, or will I have to? ;)

So where is VF heading next. Last year it was England and Italy, this year it will be

..............................................................drum roll please.........................................................................

GREECE!!

Please, please please with sugar on top let them be dressing up in togas. I am already drooling dreaming of the endless pages of LOLDOUGs. I don't think I can wait till September. :evil:

visionforumministries.org/events/greece2013/

eta: looks like the cost is $5700/person. So it would cost $57000 for Dougie to take the whole family of 10, well if they actually paid. Damn, how do the VF commoners afford this shit.

They scrimp and save and sacrifice so the headship and maybe the oldest son can go, leaving mum at home with the younger 14 kids living on rice and beans.

Yes, they are. Are you going to make that joke, or will I have to? ;)

Seriously? Or are you messing with me because that would write itself :lol:

Seriously? Or are you messing with me because that would write itself :lol:

It already kind of happened. :lol: From upthread-

(snip)

and oy vey, their itinerary descriptions. They will look at the idolatrous Temple of Athena Nike. But he can't even come up with an excuse for why they are going to Mykonos. (snip)

I've been laughing about that ever since. :lol:

(P.S.: For those who might not know, Mykonos is a well-known gay-friendly resort)

edited for clarity

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g18 ... konos.html

I am sure they will fit right in :lol:

A brief note on GAY HOTELS. Mykonos is a very gay island now, so apart from one exclusively gay hotel (The Elyseum - pricey but pleasant and a fabulous position) nearly all hotels accommodate and are positively friendly to gays. So look on the web and select the one you like the look of without fear of homophobia. Hotels in the centre of town may be noisier (though some are still quiet being in courtyard settings) and those up the hill have wonderful views across the bay and harbour.....preferable if you have your own transport to get up the hill !

I wonder where they are staying.

Mykonos is also a really beautiful island.

Don't they have tons of nude beaches there?

Sorry, I only wonder because I saw this movie set in Greece and there was this nude beach and I heard is not uncommon there.

Please, tell me that that was totally intentional, and that it's not just my dirty mind. :lol:

:lol: I edited to make it errrr clearer?

I guess Dougie's gotten his hopes up watching In Living Color clips on Youtube: "The Greek people bent over backwards to show us a good time!"

:lol: I edited to make it errrr clearer?

Booooh! Oh well, at least it made me giggle like a twelve year-old, writing dirty words onto the lavatory walls in school. :lol:

I'm thinking naked interns wrestling now.

The need to be historically accurate, so au natural it must be! And what is more manly than wrestling? Of course the ladies will be having their traditional Edwardian Tea at that time.

They scrimp and save and sacrifice so the headship and maybe the oldest son can go, leaving mum at home with the younger 14 kids living on rice and beans.

It's all about the Christian doctrine of women and children first, right?

And, yes, Megan, I'm sure that the projected max of participants (125) is carefully calibrated to ensure first of all that the Phillips family has its entire way paid for the trip.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

No worries, I confirmed for us: full-ship charters seem to be designed for 148 people minimum. 125 + 10 Phillipses + 10 Potters + Morecraft, wife, and youngest daughter (their families, as listed in their speaker profiles).

[ETA]: The usual cruises for 7 days seem to be in the $3-4k range, as well.

I just gotta go on record and ask...

What the fuck does this have to do with jesus?

I know the answer is "nothing" and that Doug Phillips is a Tool just likes to dress up and play with his boys, but really... can you atleast pretend to tie it in somehow?

I can't WAIT for this. The photos will be epic, the hyperbole sublime. :lol:

Can't wait!

In the meantime, here's some info on MR. Bill Potter, from Doug Phillips Is A Tool, in December 2004, waxing nostalgic about his college days (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2004/12/945/):

I wonder which plantation he's referring to. I live near Charles City County, and the plantations that go back as far as 1630 are few and very well documented.

As for The College of William and Mary, I bet the history professors there just loved Doug Phillips is a Tool. :lol:

Incredibly principled in his theology and history, Bill was the top Ph.D. candidate with high ranking grades at the College of William and Mary, but was denied his Ph.D. by the Marxist history chairman (a former “Weatherman†radical at the University of Wisconsin) because of his overt Christian and Southern perspective on history.

Yeah, OK. Sure. Whatever you say.

Archived