IGNORED

Introduce Yourself - Part 2

happy atheist

Hi everyone!

I've finally joined your community. I'm Anne-Laure, 23, French and someday I will find a cure for cancer XD I'm a student in biological engineering (the good GMO). W

hat to say about me... I read this forum for 2 years, maybe 3. I am an atheist for... I don't know how long. I was kind of raised a catholic (did my first communion by choice and I got bored after that) but never really believed in everything I was taught. I don't know why I started to follow the Duggars new but I did a few years ago and I can't stop now even if I find them annoying, ignorant and manipulative :shifty-kitty: . And the more I read about them and all the fundies, the more atheist I become (if it's eve possible now!). Actually, religions really annoy me but I try not to judge (because I don't want people to judge me) and accept some aspects of the religions.

No one in my life knows I'm reading about fundie families mainly because here in France it's not very common to have those kinds of families (and most people find them weird). But one of my weirdest dreams would be to meet one family and debate with them! ^^

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm from Brazil and I'm super happy for finally joining FJ - been lurking since October-ish last year. I am an atheist, raised in a catholic family. First heard of the Duggars when Josie was born, on Discovery Home & Health and got actually interested in them after catching an episode on tv during a trip to the US last year. And now I spend too much time reading about fundies! xD

Hi!

I'm a 26-year old SAHM of three children, aged 6, 5 and 4.

I'm from The Netherlands, so my English might be off sometimes.

Like most here; been lurking for quite some time and decided to join in ;)

I'm a long time lurker. I guess I can be lumped in with all the Baby Dilly recruits? I'm a 28yo stay at home mother of 3 (and counting) from the US. Ex-fundy, a little too edgy to be accepted as Lite. However we do still homeschool, desire a large fam and attend church regularly.

I chose my name because I was quite literally locked away for the entirety of my high school years (at an all girls therapeutic boarding school). I experienced what it was like acclimating back into society and although triggering, I have a strong connection with the character because her fake trauma was my real life.

Here's hoping I'm as good of a contributor as I was a lurker lol

Hi all! I've been lurking here for years, figured I would finally join. I'm in my late 30's and mom to 3. Been married to my " wonderful husband" for 15 years. We are self employed and I homeschool. I am a christain, but find the fundamentalist view of Christianity..........perplexing at times :lol:

hey everyone! I found out about this site through another site and decided to register right away! I'm 23 and from Canada and a mom to a 4.5 year old.

I'm super excited to start reading through the forums and getting up to date on everything. You will definitely see me posting in the future! :)

Hello everyone!

I am a 43 year old SAHM(formerly a WAHM) of 4 “kidsâ€. I have been married for 25 years. I have three grown kids who are working their way out into the world. I have a son who is a college grad and is self-employed. I have two kids, a daughter and son, who are in college and working to pay for their own education. And, a daughter who is still in high school.

I've been a recent lurker here and figured it was probably better to become a member instead of just lurking.

Over the years, I have found a few of the websites that are talked about here while browsing for recipes and such. Most of these people are downright crazy. That being said, I still found myself reading their blogs. It's like watching a train wreck, you can't just look away.

I found FJ while browsing for more info on a few of the crazies. I am not sure if I will post often, but I wanted to check in and say hello.

Hi :) it's my first post on FJ, although I have been lurking for a week or two.

I live in Poland, which is a strongly Catholic country and I've always been exposed to fairly religious people, but I was quite shocked when I discovered 19KaC and American fundies. Reading about them and watching shows etc has become a guilty pleasure of mine. I spend a lot of time procrastinating on FJ, so I thought: why not contribute? At least I can say it's a way of practising English :)

I'm late to the party, but here it goes:

I'm 21 (and a half!)

Grew up in a Conservative Christian/Hella Calvinist church, if you're familiar at all with John MacArthur, yeah, that's who spoon fed me my theology for years. Nowadays I tend to waffle on my beliefs and I'm not too worried about it.

I lurked here a few months before creating an account, and I must say, it does wonders when I'm waiting for night shift to arrive at work! :D So far I've stuck mostly to QFoD but I'm trying to branch out some more. :D

I work with developmentally disabled adults, and it's honestly made me grow up a bit. I was also homeschooled, rather disastrously.

So there. Everything you never wanted to know! :D

Hi FJ'rs

I've been a lurker without a name for some time. Some weeks or two ago there was a thread I felt compelled to comment on, at long last, so I finally registered. By the time it was live, the thread had moved on without me and it wasn't important any more, hah! Time moves fast on Freejinger...

I'm basically a heathen and the only deity I follow is the TweetofGod.

Like many, at first I kind of liked the Duggars and bought into the sweet-harmless-folk-with-remarkably-well-behaved-children schtick. I've since come into the light of reason and truth and have enjoyed being a remote watcher of all y'all.

This is a vivid community, thanks for hosting.

Also, in case anyone wonders, my username is a concatenation of my last name and what I do. Not a broker of guns however, although I do own a few.

:dance:

I was part of the original TWOP clan who came over here, so I was following when the Duggars first came on the scene. Then my interest fell off. I recently rekindled it and I honestly cannot believe all the makeup, the marriages, the travel and the houses with all the fixings! I never would have guessed they would have ridden this wave this long and to the extent they have!

Must be nice! You exist and have babies and get paid! Lol

Hi all - longtime lurker, new poster.

I've been watching the Duggars for a while, sort of as a guilty pleasure, and I enjoy reading all of the snark and speculation over here on FJ. I think I keep watching out of curiosity, and a big part of me (like most of us) is holding out hope that one of the kids will start to break free, eventually bringing all of the others with him/her. :D

I guess I should introduce myself. . .

I learned about the Duggars a few years ago when Josie's premature birth was widely covered by the mainstream media. Since then, after hearing more and more about the Duggars due to their seemingly increasing media coverage, I've become more and more fascinated by them. I've been watching the past couple of seasons of 19 KAC on YouTube.

I came across freejinger a couple of years ago when I did a Google search for "free joy-anna". I've been lurking here ever since, discovering other crazy fundie families like the Kellers and Shraders and Wallers) and Maxwells. It's also good to know that there are others like me out there, who find religious cults/fundamentalism fascinating while being very much against their beliefs and lifestyle. Most of my friends irl just don't get it. :shrug:

I still hold out hope that one or more of the Duggar kids will break free. In fact, I believe the Duggars could even go the way of Jon & Kate Gosselin, except instead of Michelle and Jim Bob divorcing each other, one or more of their kids will "divorce" them. The Duggar family is full of dysfunction: poverty in the early days, kids raising kids, religious indoctrination, the abusive Pearl method of discipline, etc. You can bet that I'll be reading the tell-all books and watching the inevitable interviews on 20/20 and Dr. Phil. :popcorn2:

As I've posted in another forum, I enjoy playing Sims 3, and I particularly enjoy making fundie Sim families. I document my current fundie Sim family at http://myquiverfullsims.tumblr.com/. It's sort of turned into a parody of 19 KAC. :)

Hi! First post here. I always watched 19 Kids & Counting, and was fascinated by the logistics of a large family. I was creeped out but couldn't stop watching! I was searching something for the Duggars when FJ showed up, I clicked, and the rest is history. The snark makes the show much better than it is; I've been lurking for a few months now. Fundies fascinate me, even though I do not agree with them on virtually anything.

So, hi!

PS - I share a birthday with Mullet, but we are not alike. :naughty:

Hi, all! I started watching the Duggars back with the original specials...as a psych person, the idea of such a large family functioning in a healthy way (hey, I was young!) fascinated me. And, well, since then I've left the leghumper camp and joined the snarkers. I discovered FJ late last year and lurked, then finally made an account during the Baby Dilly watch to be able to view hidden content.

To add a random "thank you, FJ" story, after reading the IBLP guide on "how to treat your husband" or some such bs to my husband, I spent much of that day dropping everything I was doing every time he spoke and giving him the vapid adoring look until he was done :twisted: He was amused at first, but quickly tired of it. I've got a good one, haha!

Welcome to Free Jinger!

Wotdancer, I would appreciate a link to the IBLP guide you mentioned, if you have one. :whistle:

Welcome to Free Jinger!

Wotdancer, I would appreciate a link to the IBLP guide you mentioned, if you have one. :whistle:

I believe Tulip found it! (and I hope this is broken correctly)

iblp.org/questions/how-can-i-meet-my-husbands-basic-needs

Hello,

I decided to join this site after doing a web search on fundamentalist support groups. I cannot give my name, but I am an escaped FLDS member. I joined this forum hoping to meet others with similar encounters and to share some awareness of this issues going on in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. I was married at sixteen at the Hildale Temple, and escaped at eighteen. Sorry if I am not super talkative at first, I'm still pretty shy on the subject. It's nice to meet you all.

Hello,

I decided to join this site after doing a web search on fundamentalist support groups. I cannot give my name, but I am an escaped FLDS member. I joined this forum hoping to meet others with similar encounters and to share some awareness of this issues going on in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. I was married at sixteen at the Hildale Temple, and escaped at eighteen. Sorry if I am not super talkative at first, I'm still pretty shy on the subject. It's nice to meet you all.

Nice to meet you, too, centrebullet. I'm very happy you escaped from that life and I'm sure any insights you can give us would be very welcomed. You will find a lot of like-minded people here. And even though I am also a newbie, I'd like to welcome all of you!

ETA: Shoot! I spelled your name the Canadian/British way! Apologies.

Hello, everybody! New member, long-time lurker. I've been following the Duggars since the early specials, although I haven't watched all the TV show episodes. I was an only child raised in a non-religious home, so they really interested me. Though I always wondered what was really happening behind the scenes.

I started reading FreeJinger maybe a year ago. I was living in the South at the time (I'm now in the Pacific Northwest), and some friends there mentioned being raised in homes like the Duggars'. The stuff they told me was a combination of fascinating and horrifying. :? So I started reading more on Quiverfull and fundamentalism in general. What I've learned (from this site and others) really opened my eyes to how my friends' personalities and choices as adults were affected by their upbringings. So, thanks!

Hey folks!

Long time lurker finally joining up officially. For me, watching the Duggars is like watching a train wreck happening, I know it's going to be a disaster but I can't look away. I have to see what ridiculous stuff they'll instigate next. I was raised in a Christian home but have since come to happily embrace an atheist life. My family is all still very religious, and while they definitely suspect that I don't toe the family line anymore, I haven't officially "come out" to them. Anyway, I'm excited to share this wild ride with you fine individuals! :D

Hi there,

I'm a (usually) California based historian and costumer (currently living in the UK for a bit).

I've been reading for a few months, ever since I asked myself "I wonder what happened to poor Sarah Jane?" and then Googled her a bit, and then found the two threads. At some point someone posted something that was viewable to members only, and here I am. I've worried for her and silently wished her the best (and a break from her poor life choices) for years, and I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one.

Greetings from Ireland :)

I've been lurking here for a looooonnnnggg time. I signed up ages ago but only started posting today. I first came across the Duggars a few years ago. I was channel hopping one night and came across their show. I've always been interested in extreme/legalistic religious beliefs and cults, so these guys grabbed my attention straight away!

See you all around the forums!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived