IGNORED

Introduce Yourself - Part 2

happy atheist

Hey y'all!

I've been lurking here for years and I finally decided to join.

I have two obsessions in life, all things Britney Spears and The Duggar Family. More specifically I'm fanatically waiting for one of the Duggarlings to break free (but aren't we all?). I'm 25 and I live in Las Vegas. Hope to get to know all of u soon!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone :)

I am a home schooling mom in the Ozarks--actually in the same town as the Duggars :) I am a Libertarian and have a distinct dislike of certain fundies and a like of others. I do not like families where the kids are held down or back by tons of restrictions like the Andersons and the Shupes. And so I decided to make an account as sometimes being from this area and running in the same Christian home school communities as the Duggars I have a different perspective or different information to share.

I'm a 50 year old (it really hurts to type that) mom of an almost 11 year old. I adopted my daughter as a single parent in 2005 when she was a toddler. I got married last year to a man I've known for over 30 years. We were had not seen each other over a decade when we got back in touch a few years ago. We were were friends in college, but never dated. Back then I never considered him as a partner. Well that sure changed. I'm an atheist-Jewish-Humanist ...my husband was raised UU but now says he is a lapsed Wicca.

Can't really say why I've been hooked on the Duggars ... I don't have cable and I've only watched a few episodes on Netflix...It is just this train wreck I can't turn from. :trainwreck:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I'm Kiwi. Long time lurker... finally made an account so I can twitch with other people over the madness that is the Duggar Family.

Let's see... what else can I tell you about myself... I'm really bad at introductions. :shock:

I'm 26, I live in Nashville, Work in Social Media, watch WAY too much TV, pretty liberal and non-religious. I love sushi and boybands. My favorite Duggars are Jana and Jinger (although they drive me crazy sometimes a lot too).

Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for several months (can't remember exactly when it started) and I've finally got round to making an account. I've always been interested in different religions, and for some reason reading about fundamentalist Christians is a guilty pleasure of mine. So glad this place exists, and thanks to everyone for making it so interesting to read!

Hi, I'm Susan, 29, and live in CA. The Duggars fascinate me -good and bad. I'm always surprised how much TLC cuts out about the Duggars, and how selective they are (mostly just Jim Bob and Michelle, I don't fault even the older kids as much) with what they share with viewers. I look forward to posting and chatting with others about this family.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm also new to having-an-account-and-posting-with-it. I've not posted before because I wanted to make an avatar but I'm finding it too stressful to decide, so I thought I should finally say hi in any event. I will join the ranks of 'lurking for years, finally decided since I read this forum every damn day I should say hi to all y'all.'

I've always been interested in religion and cults. For probably two decades now I've been fascinated by what goes on in Bountiful, the FLDS community in BC, Canada. From there it wasn't too hard to start following the Duggars and FJ's other favourites.

And in a weird cross-over, I also enjoy historical fashion, and had been following Sarah Jane's blog (with deep admiration for her sewing skills) for years. I wish she'd stop with all the drama and get back to making beautiful things. Ah well.

Hi everyone! Looking forward to participating in the snark, rather than just observing.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile now and decided to create an account. I grew up very mainstream and secular, and very open-minded religious wise. Cults and even parents who demand their children to go to church and throw their beliefs on them facisinate me.

The threads here are hilarious.

Hi! I found out about FJ from the now defunct SisterWivesBlog site (a snark blog about the FLDS Brown family of Sister Wives fame). Some one in the comments mentioned FJ and I've been a lurker for over a year and finally joined! I'm 23, from Illinois, USA & just recently found out the Arndt family and I live in the same area :penguin-no: I was raised non- denominational christian. Very conservative but lighter than fundy lite. Not currently religious because of the restrictive upbrining. No one in my life understands my Duggar/fundy fascination :lol: Again, hello!

Hello, I'm Kendra! I've lurked for quite a bit now and finally decided to make an account. I found FJ after watching a 19 kids and counting episode on youtube and decided to google them because I found them fascinating in an odd way. I work in social services so am always interested in people and also have an interest in cult or cult like behaviors (yes, I'm a bit strange).

Look forward to meeting you all and poking around here more

Hi, all! I'm another person who lurked on here for a while before making an account. I'm mainly interested in the Duggars and Bates. I call myself a critical fan; I try to look for the best possible explanation for their behavior, but the cynic in me knows that that isn't always possible. I'm in my early 20's and live in the southeastern US.

Hey exmormon gal here :)

I've always been rather curious with religion and the Duggars have always been an interest. I have never been a regular viewer, have seen an episode here and there- but last year my husband started taking a class on Tuesday nights.... I was bored p, flipping the channels and re -discovered the Duggars. It was actually the one where Jill was going to meet Derrick in Nepal. It was a huge WTF moment. I have always knew of them, but I never went far into the rabbit whole. When I heard Jill talking about the rules and how they couldn't be alone and all that crazy, I googled them. And here I am.

I have been a lurker for a while, but thought I would start to comment here and there.

:cracking-up:

Hi,

I’m Always Learning (and Always Exited) about fundies with Lori&Ken, the Duggars and Bates and Maxwells and, of course, Freejinger.

Exited things about me include:

1. I have sort of „fundie†name and I almost share a birthday with Jinger Duggar, being only a day younger than she is. And I love coffee.

2. I am a university student, I do not work (yet) and have a dream about learning Estonian language.

3. English is not my first language... and I suck at writing in it. Which is sad, because I am a grammer nazzi when it comes to my natural language.

4. I live in a small country in Europe, and you haven’t heard about it.

5. No, I am not a hipster.

6. I have one beloved dog, and I love to talk about her. A lot.

7. Cooking is cool.

8. You will never see me in long skirts. Rarely in any skirts. I love jeans, jeans loves me.

9. I.do.not.dance.,sing.or.play.music.instrument.of.any.kind. My parents made me to do it all in my childhood, and I am so over it.

10. I am not married and have no kids (yet).

tere tulemast, AlwaysExcited :greetings-wavingblue:

your written English doesn't suck at all (and you might be surprised at which small European countries some of us know ;) )

Thanks, sol! To be honest, online spell checker is my best friend. :embarrassed: And I know I will be surprised about lot of things some of you know.

Hi there! I have been lurking here for years, even more since the TWOP board died (I lurked there too). I joined back in April, then totally forgot I registered until today.

Some things about me. I'm a 38 year old SAHM, with two sons (10 & 8 yo), that have mild special needs. My 10yo had a brain/spinal cord defect (Chiari-1 malformation/syringomyleia) that caused some gross and fine motor delays, my 8yo was born with mild to moderate hearing loss, both have a raging case of ADHD. I am a raging social liberal, feminist, who believes in a higher power, but I have an extreme dislike for organized religion. I am raising my sons to be raging social liberals, feminists, and leaving their religious preferences up to them to decide on.

I chose the name SnazzyNazzy, because a lot of my maternal graddad's family, are and/or were, devout Nazarenes. You know that it's a fundie religion, since there is a 386 page manual that explains all about the church. My stepbrother and stepSIL are born again Christians, of the Pentecostal variety (my stepbrother is now a faith healer). They make me sad, because they are amazing people, but they chose their church over their family.

Hello, I'm EvieK and I guess I could be considered a former fundie... I'm a TV addict and keep up with as many forums and blogs as I can, so it was just a matter of time that I found FJ and I've been browsing on and off for a few years. I wish I'd registered sooner! I'm a wife and mother of two. Everyone who used to know me thinks I am headed for Hell because I'm a liberal hippie but that's not the case, natch. Well I am a bit of a liberal hippie...but really I just think God's love is for everyone, not the chosen few....

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around these forums for ages - you all are just so entertaining. I have this weird fascination with the Duggars - I don't agree with their religion, culture or viewpoints AT ALL but I just cannot look away.

I grew up in Southern Ontario, but currently live in the Northwest Territories and BC (split my time, for work).

Looking forward to actually participating in the snark from here on out :)

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for at least a few years at this point but am trying to become a bit more active posting. It also is pretty frustrating hearing mention of all of the interesting things over on Are You There FJ so maybe one day I'll be able to see it! I read a bunch about the Duggars on TWOP then somehow found my way over here. And I am slowly getting sucked into more and more fundies. Picking up reading about a new family is great when I'm bored but sometimes leads to hours of not being able to turn away from the trainwreck.

:popcorn2:

Hey all!!

I'm mid-30's from the Midwest USA. I'm a doctorate-level healthcare practitioner (yes, licensed, but I won't say what kind right now). Married, 2 kids (one a homebirth). I'm a recovering cradle Catholic.

Hi everyone :D Longtime lurker here, and I am excited about joining in on the snark. Like probably a lot of members, I was raised Funda-gelical. My parents tended toward the paranoid everything-is-Satanism side (for example, we weren't allowed to watch the Smurfs because of all the communist-Satanist imagery). I was homeschooled from k-8th grade, attended a tiny fundamentalist high school, went to college at what was considered a "liberal" Christian college by my high school (GIRLS COULD WEAR PANTS! TO CLASS!), and now I'm a liberal hippie queer "spiritual but not religious" type. I'm so happy to be here!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived