IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

I take it Kayla decided not to ride home with her. I bet we see some kind of estrangement soon with Gregg and Kayla. I hope papa decides to take his own vacation soon.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's post was about how tired she is and how many miles she still has to drive on Sunday (700+). I left a comment nicely worded asking whether Hosanna has her license and maybe Laurel can catch a nap if Hosanna drives... comment has not been posted yet (10 hours later..). Maybe she's not checking her comments very often. I can't imagine driving over 700 miles myself in a day... I suppose it's doable but doesn't seem very safe, esp. if you are complaining about how tired you are.

She did post my question and answered it... she's the only driver, and has been the whole time. Wonder why Kayla didn't drive early on.

I do think she had said something in the beginning about Kayla only going as far as Texas with them and then flying home (and then it got shortened to her staying longer in MN).

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/ado ... icle/about

This seems very fitting to this discussion as well.

One of the ads the reporters tracked looks suspiciously like one of the "mothers" we have discussed in this thread--8 year old Chinese girl adopted within the last 18 months, home for five days and the family was looking to re-home her because she was too immature and too much work with their other children.

I saw that story on another forum I'm on, and it's so fucking depressing. The people rehoming kids like puppies are bad enough, but it never occurred to me before that pedophiles would troll those forums. I mean, of COURSE they would. It's obvious, in hindsight.

Well, Mama's gifted us with another post:

ourjourneyoffaith.net/2013/09/parenting-teens-is-piece-of-cake.html.

This post is oh.so.cryptic and oh.so.awkward, and even borderline Slightly Creepy.

I know!!!! I wonder what is going on!

I am really close to my mom but there are boundaries. We talk about a lot but I don't tell her everything. It is weird to me that she thinks she should be besties with her kids. I think one of the girls, Lindsay, has turned from the Lord because she is OMG living w/her boyfriend and seems opens to other religions. I am going to say Gregg might have marriage problems but those are just my gut feelings!

I really think Lauren (who can't get a job because she just likes to travel but it is cool for papa to work 60 hours a week) envisioned everyone living on a commune and doing everything together...it is crazy how delusional she is!

Ruh roh, some "young adult" has done something Mama didn't like. Since it is featured at the end of every depressing list, I guessing the sin is "changing religious viewpoints". Seriously, lady, if there is a beef with an adult child, talk to them about it. No need to write a long, passive aggressive poor me blog update about it.

Reminds me of facebook antics: "SOME people don't know what they have till it's gone, wah wah wah, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!"

Yes... just read her latest post and came on here to snark about it :-). She just sounds so.damn.condescending. "You think teenagers are hard? Try parenting young adults!" Like no one has it as hard as poor Laurel with her upteen bazillion ungrateful young adult children. Like if she personally isn't on her knees praying for these poor misguided kids who don't appreciate her as a counselor, they'll fall right into the devil's clutches.

There are much worse things to snark about, certainly. But ... WHAT kind of shoes is 'Mama' wearing in the new family picture on her blog??

I'm sorry but you cannot spend most of your time whining about finances, refuse to get ANY job to contribute to those finances AND go on a cross-country road trip and expect anyone to have any sympathy for you. Besides which, I find it horrifically inappropriate that the picture she added to the post about parenting young adults includes two children she THREW AWAY because they were too difficult for her to bother, though she got neither of them actual help or therapy before throwing them away.

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/about

This seems very fitting to this discussion as well.

One of the ads the reporters tracked looks suspiciously like one of the "mothers" we have discussed in this thread--8 year old Chinese girl adopted within the last 18 months, home for five days and the family was looking to re-home her because she was too immature and too much work with their other children.

I knew it sounded familiar too, but I thought it probably wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility there was another family doing the same thing with an adopted Chinese daughter.

Yes, Mama, you are so necessary to those young adults, and they just don't appreciate you. You are keeping them from hell and damnation by your powerful prayer, like a tractor beam in some sci-fi story. :roll:

If my mother thought she was doing something for me by being a Prayer Warrior, I'd turn one of her favorite phrases back on her: "Wanna fight? Join the Army!" :lol:

Oh, and my thumb. hurts. from. scrolling . . .

It does.

It does . . .

It really does . . .

Doesn't the word "does" look weird after too many repetitions?

I think I need a Prayer Warrior to help me with my obsession with the word "does."

Did you know that Jim's job barely covers their monthly essentials like acrylic nails, pricy road trips and iPhones?

Also, God has not given her any sign that she should work. Like Jim not getting any job offers and her getting several.

Did you know that Jim's job barely covers their monthly essentials like acrylic nails, pricy road trips and iPhones?

Also, God has not given her any sign that she should work. Like Jim not getting any job offers and her getting several.

I'm glad some of the commenters are starting to question them on this (or that she's publishing those questions now). I have to say, where I live, there's a shortage of good math teachers. I sort of wonder why it's so hard for him to find a job. Whether her blog... or them rehoming a couple of preteens... has anything to do with it.

I wonder what new drama has rocked her world?

Also, I hate when people are just being a friend (or parent, whatever) and say they are ministering to others. Like Laurel is such an effing blessing to the world.

I wonder what new drama has rocked her world?

Also, I hate when people are just being a friend (or parent, whatever) and say they are ministering to others. Like Laurel is such an effing blessing to the world.

If she was able to drive to the drama, it must have been Kayla/Noah/Gregg, I would think??

Also, she just made a new post about how she never gets comments anymore. She also had a subtle "even my big kids don't comment anymore" hint to keep things interesting and passive-aggressive.

Gregg and Kayla married so fast and because she was pregnant that I think it was a recipe for disaster. I get a weird vibe from Gregg. Remember his breakup of his engagement, how Mama D would bitch about the girl on her blog.

Maybe she doesn't get comments because she is batshit crazy!

This comment on the "where be all my comments?" post made my day:

"Maybe nobody comments because you act like a know-it-all who has done a horrific job parenting and can't see that all of these family issues are your fault. You don't take criticism well, you bitch about having no money and then take pricey road trips, your husband probably can't get a job because of your blog content and you keep dumping kids that you "had to have" from Ghana.

Also, you write horribly. Oh. My. Yes."

Commenter Kim, if you are on FJ, I love you. I think we could be best friends. Yes. We. Could. ;)

um, totally didn't think she would approve it! Let's be besties...my friends used to like me but now they don't. I try ministering to them but they won't accept it. I wish I had more bloggy friends to meet for coffee.

Archived