IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The persecution--it. Is. Endless.

She deserves a vacation to get past this.

Haha! I don't think you can call those girls photo bombers, they were there already, they didn't dart in to get in the photos. She should have seen they were there when she looked in the view finder.

Haha! I don't think you can call those girls photo bombers, they were there already, they didn't dart in to get in the photos. She should have seen they were there when she looked in the view finder.

Agreed! And they wouldn't have been great pictures anyway with someone else in the picture.

Now even the photo bombers are out to get her!

I left a comment saying basically that maybe the girls didn't want to end up on someone's Facebook or blog post in their swimsuits and were sticking their tongues out to prevent that. We'll see if that gets posted...

How uptight is this lady? She has loads of pictures of her kids w/o the girls in the background. She should just be thankful it's only a couple tongues being stuck out. Anyways, it's kind of cute and funny too...talk about ZERO sense of humor.

Seeing this topic on Laurel still going, I was reminded of a comment she made on another blog many months ago that just made me want to bang my head against the wall. The blog in question is by some missionaries in Haiti who (while I'm no fan of their religious beliefs) advocate for respect and dignity for the poor, maternal health, and orphan prevention. They've been more vocal the last few years about how short term missions can do more harm than good and in this post were speaking to that and how poverty tourism is gross.

Then Laurel leaves a particularly Laurel-like comment. livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/2013/02/you-say-you-care-about-poor.html Like I said, all these months later it still sticks in my mind and makes me cringe.

yeah, I was wondering about that. I imagine that a little glitch in the system would not prevent him from being a pilot.

Well, hopefully Gregg will get over his PTSD soon. Oh. my. yes!

I wonder if he is color blind. That is a a common cause of rejection for armed forces pilots in the US.

My cousin was able to get an exception for color blindness but it did hold up his commission as a Navy pilot after graduating from VMA. I imagine that would already be known well before she drove there

Seeing this topic on Laurel still going, I was reminded of a comment she made on another blog many months ago that just made me want to bang my head against the wall. The blog in question is by some missionaries in Haiti who (while I'm no fan of their religious beliefs) advocate for respect and dignity for the poor, maternal health, and orphan prevention. They've been more vocal the last few years about how short term missions can do more harm than good and in this post were speaking to that and how poverty tourism is gross.

Then Laurel leaves a particularly Laurel-like comment. livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/2013/02/you-say-you-care-about-poor.html Like I said, all these months later it still sticks in my mind and makes me cringe.

She took pictures of Katrina destruction for the "family photo album?" Really? That shit is not something you put in a family photo album (unless, perhaps, it's your house - that I could understand).

She's also incredibly dim - taking photos as a tourist is not the same as taking photos as a missionary because they have completely different roles. And while I think tourists should also be considerate and conscious of what & who they're photographing, I think it's absolutely essential for a missionary because of the power differential.

She took pictures of Katrina destruction for the "family photo album?" Really? That shit is not something you put in a family photo album (unless, perhaps, it's your house - that I could understand).

Totally! That's exactly the kind of stuff he was talking about. Doesn't it seem awfully condescending to put picture of someone else's misery and suffering in your family photo album?! It's like permanent rubber-necking.

Totally! That's exactly the kind of stuff he was talking about. Doesn't it seem awfully condescending to put picture of someone else's misery and suffering in your family photo album?! It's like permanent rubber-necking.

That really doesn't bother me. I was in an earthquake in Mexico and I took photos. They are in my Mexico travel album. Katrina was the storm of the century, I'd have taken photos of the damage. It would serve as a reminder of how lucky I was, and it's history. I have photos of blizzards I've lived through.

That really doesn't bother me. I was in an earthquake in Mexico and I took photos. They are in my Mexico travel album. Katrina was the storm of the century, I'd have taken photos of the damage. It would serve as a reminder of how lucky I was, and it's history. I have photos of blizzards I've lived through.

She didn't live through it. She and her family went on a "mission trip" there after the storm. Documenting your own experience is one thing, taking the time and money to travel to a devastated city, ostensibly to "help," and snapping away for your photo album is another.

She didn't live through it. She and her family went on a "mission trip" there after the storm. Documenting your own experience is one thing, taking the time and money to travel to a devastated city, ostensibly to "help," and snapping away for your photo album is another.

I would still have taken photos, before and after any clean-up I helped with. Of course I would really work. Were they with a particular group? You don't just go on your own to help with something like this, you go as part of a group, otherwise you are just in the way. I wanted to go but my pulmonary doc said no way, end of discussion.

I also think pictures for your personal photo album are far different than posting them on the web. If I were down on my luck in some situation, I would be livid if I were to happen upon pictures of myself on the Internet.

I also think pictures for your personal photo album are far different than posting them on the web. If I were down on my luck in some situation, I would be livid if I were to happen upon pictures of myself on the Internet.

Definitely.

If I were down on my luck and someone showed up in front of my house taking pictures of it, my things, and my children I would call the police. That blog post was referencing how a lot of people go to developing countries to "help" and then have their damn cameras out the whole time taking pictures of the "differences", meaning poor people living their normal lives. It's poverty toursim. Few people would have the brass to walk up to some stranger's home, workplace, and children and start taking pictures of them without asking permission in their own community but that seems to be the norm for short term missionaries and others visiting the developing world.

edited for clarity

And now in her latest post she is bitching about having to pay for Obama care because they have no insurance and how they are broke. I want to scream!

I did the math on the gas mileage for that trip and gas alone put her at around 2,000.00. Most families would kill to take a 2,000 vacation and that doesn't include food, hotels, camp sites, etc.

I usually can tolerate Laurel ok but her posts the last few days are exhausting. She continues to be attention seeking and not understanding why she gets criticism after asking for advice. GET A FUCKING JOB. Would many moms love to homeschool because it what feels "best" for their kids? I'm guessing that would be a yes! But most moms have to work to provide - and part of providing is making sure your OWN health is taken care of. She hasn't had new glasses in 4 yrs and drove through "the worst storm of my life?" Jesus H.... No wonder her older kids are done with her. Here's my advice: get a job (she has been oh.so.clear that she has Rex's many more offers than Jim over the last 3 yrs), send your kids to school and deal with the "issues" on your off time. You will have more time since apparently you spend "hours" a day searching for a job for Jim.

"Mama" isn't getting the kind of feedback she wants from her latest posts. On her comments section of the latest post her answer is a ball of seething anger. She doesn't want people to direct her to helpful books, to helpful scripture, or to tell her to hang in there. I left her a comment asking what, then, did she hope would come from her posts? Offers of money? An amazing job offer for "Papa" that someone has been sitting on until the perfect, deserving fellow came along via large family blogging?

"Mama" isn't getting the kind of feedback she wants from her latest posts. On her comments section of the latest post her answer is a ball of seething anger. She doesn't want people to direct her to helpful books, to helpful scripture, or to tell her to hang in there. I left her a comment asking what, then, did she hope would come from her posts? Offers of money? An amazing job offer for "Papa" that someone has been sitting on until the perfect, deserving fellow came along via large family blogging?

People have given her a great deal of sympathy over the years and recently (her second-to-last post, for example, where she shares the nice comments people left about Jim's job). Yet, she finds a way to insult those commenters. Then, if she gets constructive comments that tell her to get a job or whatever else, she doesn't want those either. She's seeking something that she's not going to get from the long-suffering readers of her piss-poor blog.

Archived