IGNORED

FJ Pets Thread

crazyforkate

All but one of ours was a rescue.

A person on another forum I frequent made a comment that pets are "dumb animals."

Our cats have free medical, room, board, food, and they're the "dumb animals"? Merlin and Athena are both Siamese mixes and have figured out how to open up doors. We have to keep the kitchen and front door locked at all times for this reason.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my fluffy love baby, Pablo Picasso-(black and white Tuxedo Cat).

he is handsome!! I have 2 cats, but they are just boring tabby housecats. they provide enough entertainment to earn their keep though :)

he is handsome!! I have 2 cats, but they are just boring tabby housecats. they provide enough entertainment to earn their keep though :)

Tabby cats look that way to hide the PURE EVIL hiding inside them ;)

My desk pre-tabby cats

post-132-1445199785389_thumb.jpg

My desk now:

post-132-14451997854339_thumb.jpg

Tabby cat helping do laundry

post-132-14451997854668_thumb.jpg

Tabby cat helping wrap present

post-132-14451997854867_thumb.jpg

I think my "awww" looking at those pictures lasted almost a minute. Cats are the best. Dogs too, of course.

I think my "awww" looking at those pictures lasted almost a minute. Cats are the best. Dogs too, of course.

You might notice all those photos have the name "Riley" in them. We have her litter sister as well. Her name is Parker. She is the good one ;)

post-132-14451997857382_thumb.jpg

I made a sweater for a friend's dog and I needed a model, but my dogs were all too little, so Parker took one for the team.

post-132-14451997857688_thumb.jpg

Santa's least amused reindeer ;)

post-132-14451997858168_thumb.jpg

Parker and Riley together when they were kittens (Riley is on the top cup thingy, Parker is sitting on the circle part)

post-132-14451997858597_thumb.jpg

:romance-heartspink: Love, just LOVE, the pet pics on this thread and the one VaSportsMom started in chatter. Puts a goofy smile on my face.

Thank you all. :D

I do not have any pets right now since I am in an apt and can not afford the pet deposit. I did learn my friends cat was diagnosed with feline breast cancer recently. The cat is such a sweet cat and luckily they were able to treat.

post-276-1445199786399_thumb.jpg

We call him "smelly cat."

• 2 weeks later...

I have two cats and two rabbits.

Dr. Pepper and Penny are my bunnies. Dr. P will be one next month, and Penny is a few months old. Leo and Cassie are my cats. Leo just turned one and Cassie is eight years old.

601036_10151612810139609_1659319883_n.jpg

Penny and Dr. P. (Penny is the one on top)

They really are two peas in a pod.

944225_10151612779244609_870284391_n.jpg

This is Leo. His tail was partially amputated, so it's shorter, but he's fine.

293137_10151129268159609_1128017643_n.jpg

This is Cassie :)

• 1 month later...

I have a rescued greyhound and I am dreading tomorrow. She is so terrified of loud noises and the fireworks will definitely set her off. When that happens, she shakes so much her teeth chatter.

I have a rescued greyhound and I am dreading tomorrow. She is so terrified of loud noises and the fireworks will definitely set her off. When that happens, she shakes so much her teeth chatter.

Have you talked to your vet about the possibility of a tranquilizer? My aunt used to have a dog who would freak out on the fourth of July, they ended up getting him something from the vet just for that day.

I have a fat cat who was a feral rescue. A friend of mine took two kitties from a feral queen who hung out in her backyard, and socialized them. I ended up with this guy. He's a little over two years old now, and is quite interesting.

He is very social and likes to play fetch just like a dog. He'll do it for hours if you keep throwing hair bands or those colorful "Livestrong" type bands for him (that's his favorite toy).

post-3686-14451998010445_thumb.jpg

Below, he's not very happy to be in his Christmas sweater.

post-3686-1445199801092_thumb.jpg

I have a very angry cat who is a massive diva. It has been so hot lately, she's taken to jumping in the fridge whenever I open the door. Silly cat.

I'm too lazy to try to post pictures :( I have four cats. The two older ones are both all white with a blue eye and a green eye each. They're both completely deaf and LOVE to be vacuumed. One of them is polydactyl and has thumbs on all four feet. My younger two are sisters, and I trapped them in the same busy parking lot by the freeway. It took more than three months to socialize them (they were about 8 weeks old at the time and completely feral), but they've turned out to be great cats even though one is severely asthmatic and costs me about $100 every two months in shots and pills. I wish I could have a dog, but living in an apartment and working 50-70 hours a week isn't really the best situation for one.

We have three adult cats and a new kitten. We also have three dogs. My two oldest dogs are Daisy and Fern which is the explanation for my user name.

Our elderly dog, Merlin. It has been hot here and apparently he hangs around the fan waiting to be put on top of it now. Why my children did this to him in the first place is mysterious.

I'm too lazy to try to post pictures :( I have four cats. The two older ones are both all white with a blue eye and a green eye each. They're both completely deaf and LOVE to be vacuumed. One of them is polydactyl and has thumbs on all four feet. My younger two are sisters, and I trapped them in the same busy parking lot by the freeway. It took more than three months to socialize them (they were about 8 weeks old at the time and completely feral), but they've turned out to be great cats even though one is severely asthmatic and costs me about $100 every two months in shots and pills. I wish I could have a dog, but living in an apartment and working 50-70 hours a week isn't really the best situation for one.

My cat has webbed paws. :D

I have Little Kitty and Big Kitty. (Their official names are Marie Curie and Teddy Roosevelt.)

I love them dearly, and we plan on getting a Bichon Frise after we move into our first house in November.

post-8151-14451998089075_thumb.jpg

It's so fun to hear about other FJ pets. Silversurealism, I love your cats' names. How big is the big one? Huge, or is it an optical illusion from sitting next to little kitty?

I just have one cat, who is a goofy-looking yet adorable "vanalike"--white with a black cap and black tail. She is so spoiled. Right now I am slightly miffed at her because the other night she freaked out about something outside while I was sleeping and rocketed off the bed, scratching and bruising my hand in the process. Now I'm on giant horse pill antibiotics. :(

It's so fun to hear about other FJ pets. Silversurealism, I love your cats' names. How big is the big one? Huge, or is it an optical illusion from sitting next to little kitty?

Little Kitty was 6 lbs 15 oz at her last vet visit. (So much better than the 5 lbs 0 oz she was when we got her from the shelter. You could see her ribs. She's healthy now.) Big Kitty is somewhere around 12-13 lbs. He is bigger than average. We think he's part Maine Coon because of his ear tufts, size and temperament.

Thank you! I didn't want to give them everyday names. I picked Teddy Roosevelt because his name was Theodore on his surrender form. Little Kitty's name was Lexus on hers, but I just wasn't super fond of it. They were both owner surrenders.

• 5 weeks later...

I pulled pics off the camera yesterday, so thought I would post a new Sister Dogs photo. We thought Daiquiri was going to end up being bigger than Tequila based on her size as a young puppy, but she decided to do all her growing very early and then stop. She ended up being a fair bit smaller, as it turned out. She looks like a completely different dog almost, since she has turned an entirely different color (we knew that would happen, but it's still funny to look at her baby pictures and look at her now. You can see pics of both of them together on page 1 of this thread if you haven't seen them before).

post-132-14451998170777_thumb.jpg

Archived