IGNORED

FJ Pets Thread

crazyforkate

The Crew:

20150422_145352_zpsiz1snxpn.jpg

Gimmick is black, Glitch is Brindle and Gambit is the sable merle in the background. Glitch and Gimmick are Long Haired Whippets and Gambit is a coydog. Glitch is about 10 weeks old and a new addition

A Solo of Glitch because he's so freaking cute

20150420_192133_zpstlmmzikz.jpg

Felony the Persian is camera shy.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is Spunky, she's about 7 years old and we adopted her 2 years ago. She was rescued in Tennessee and brought to NYC. When we adopted her they said that she might take awhile to adjust to city noises but she was completely fine.

t7ga9z.jpg

We have a chinchilla too but he won't stay still for pictures and doesn't really like people.

That little doggy is adorable. I want one like her.

Frankly I don't blame chinchillas for being a bit human avoiding. I used to have ferrets. They LOVE people during their 2 second attention span. It was already difficult to get pics of the fools.

I've had my older cat Ninja for 4 years (adopted her when she was 3), and we just brought home a new kitten Loki last night (he's about 2 months old). Loki is barricaded in the bathroom, because even though he adores Ninja, she isn't quite amused with his existence yet. I'm hoping she'll mellow out soon...she's the only cat I've ever had, so I'm on a steep learning curve!

I have a rescue cat, panther, he's a bit of a jerk, but good company all the same.

No idea how to post a picture on here.

I've been working with an animal rescue for the past two years. I currently have three cats, but as of Saturday, I will have four because I am adopting my last remaining foster cat, who was diagnosed with lymphoma last month. I'm thinking of retiring from fostering for a few years because four cats-- two with health issues-- is a lot of work.

ZPDMv5.jpg

Arwen, 13 years old. She's more my husband's cat, but will occasionally come up to me for pets. She's a little cantankerous, but she's entitled to be so at her age. ;)

YW42nT.jpg

Rose and Emmett, 2 years old. They are both siblings from the same litter. I adopted them after I had lost my 17 year old cat to kidney failure/old age. I was looking for two young cats that would play together and leave Arwen alone. And it worked! Rose picked me out by jumping in my lap and giving me hugs. Emmett, her litter mate, came along for the ride.

M6GuTV.jpg

Hope, 1 year old. I will be adopting her on Saturday. I fostered about 12 cats over the span of a year-and-a-half. This girl was taken from a hoarding situation in Chicago and left at animal control. According to the rescue I work for, all of the cats in the litter were in bad shape from living in horrible conditions at the hoarder's house. Hope was the only one who survived. She's missing an eye and the other eye is scarred over from either an injury or an infection. We think she has about 75% vision loss because of this. She also has many problems with her intestinal tract. In a biopsy done last month, we found out she had an early stage lymphoma. We tested her at least twice for feline leukemia, and she came back negative both times. The vet thinks that she acquired the lymphoma because her immune system was compromised from living at the hoarder house. She compared it to human children of smokers being more likely to develop childhood cancers. We've been treating her since the diagnosis and she is doing MUCH, MUCH better. It even looks like she's been putting on some more weight.

nAd8es.jpg

Cosette, deceased. Died July 2013. This kitty gets an honorable mention because she was the one that inspired me to start volunteering at an animal rescue. I started fostering cats because I wanted to help at least 10 animals in her honor. In 2008, I had a pulmonary embolism and almost died. I spent a week in the hospital, and Cosette waited by the doors and windows for me to get home. When I was home and recovering, she never left my side. She was one of the most loyal and caring animals I have ever had.

Note: Is there any way to add pictures using Flickr? A membership for Image Shack is expensive.

Archived