IGNORED

FJ Pets Thread

crazyforkate

So excited for this weekend! Our kitty went over the rainbow bridge in May, and we agreed to wait till fall to get another kitty. We're going to visit kitties on sunday & see who likes us & who might fit into our family. Super excited to get a new furbaby or two!!!!!

We still have our 16-yr-old snake, but he is not doing really well, and think he may cross the bridge & rejoin our older kitty in another few months:(

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my dogs! It's both a good and bad photo. Well posed, but grainy due to low light. I've put it in a spoiler due to the size.

DSCN1535_zps4d018a5e.jpg

The girl, the smaller one, has had cancer for two years and is cancer free, though she won't ever be in remission and she has been on chemo for two years. The boy I am training to be my hearing dog right now. She's 3, he's 1.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a cat named Athena. She's a polydactyl, meaning she has extra toes. She's five years old, but I just adopted her back in March. She's very much my baby and I love her to death.

1383292_10200693953977906_431643215_n.jpg

7976_10200751588738739_821255712_n.jpg

You guys all have such handsome cats and dogs! I wish I could post photos of my guy. He's really good-looking.

If I knew how to post pictures, I would add my babies. Maci is 1 and is a mutt from the shelter. She was between 3-5 months when I got her. Bella is a golden and is 4. I have had two other goldens growing up, who have passed away. The first has cancer and had to be put down at only 5 years old. The second had a heart condition and had to be put down about 2 weeks before she turned 10. I absolutely love dogs. I am allergic to cats, but wish I could have one. :(

• 2 weeks later...
If I knew how to post pictures, I would add my babies. Maci is 1 and is a mutt from the shelter. She was between 3-5 months when I got her. Bella is a golden and is 4. I have had two other goldens growing up, who have passed away. The first has cancer and had to be put down at only 5 years old. The second had a heart condition and had to be put down about 2 weeks before she turned 10. I absolutely love dogs. I am allergic to cats, but wish I could have one. :(

We have instructions for uploading pictures in the FAQ here (I believe): http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 67&t=15199

• 6 months later...

Bumping this thread!

Love love love going through all the pet pictures. All of you have such cute cats, dogs and even bunnies! :rawr: Personally, I have a black Standard Poodle named Mozart. I call him ''my little bébé'' even though he's quite big and he's almost seven years old now. I also have a budgie, who doesn't really have a name. (I know it sounds awful but we call him birdie and he doesn't seem too mind.) I'll try to post pictures of my pets later on, but it seems all the files I have on my computer are too big. :-/

I just wanted to share a funny story about my family's Golden Retriever, Tori.

She's small for the breed (45 pounds, maybe?), and very smart and a troublemaker. She also eats like it'll disappear if she blinks.

So, one night at my parents' place (I was home on college break), my grandparents were staying with my family. My dad and Opa (grandpa) are standing in the kitchen, talking. Dad mentions he has leftover salami from a really, really great Wisconsin deli (local, wins int'l awards for their meat) in the fridge.

Opa helps himself to a few pieces and eats one or two. Then, he decides to savor the last piece. So he's absently holding it in his left hand as he talks to my dad. Hand drops to waist level. More talking. Dog walks by, bumping him. He goes to take another bite of meat, but there's already a huge bite out of it!

I would have eaten the rest myself. Probably just washed it or taken a piece off the edge. But not my Opa! He walks over to her bowl. "Here, you might as well have it, you've slobbered on it!" She was SO happy.

We also call my Opa "TurkeyMan" to the dog since he carves the turkey every Thanksgiving, and will feed her as he carves! I always worry she's going to lose an ear, as she tries to get so close to the turkey, and thus the electric knife, when he carves.

• 2 weeks later...

I just adopted a little furball the other day. He's a year old tabby boy with the sweetest, most adagio disposition ever.

He was surrendered by his last family for one of two reasons (I'm guessing): either a) he was adopted as a kitten and then grew up to be a burly dude or b) seeing as he was intact, his owners didn't realize that males who aren't neutered will spray.

In any case, the shelter's cat room was completely full and they'd reduced the prices on all their adults to make room for the influx of kittens. Sully (short for Sullivan -- I was thinking of Sully from Monsters Inc. because he's a big softie) was $30, including his prevetting. I absolutely couldn't leave him there (I've got the biggest soft spot for docile orange boys) and brought him home from the vet today.

I can't get a good picture yet because he's hiding under the bed for now and when he does come out, he rolls all over the place and rubs on me constantly.

I do have a bit of a dilemma though, and this may be because he's in a new environment. I was able to get him to drink some water (I brought him out from under the bed once today -- he was amenable to handling and drank a little bit), but he isn't eating or eliminating. He walks over to the cat pan I've set up in the corner and he'll sniff it, but he just meows once and walks off. He does the same thing with his food. Should I just wait a little bit or try something new?

I just wanna be a good mama for him :/

• 2 months later...

My roommate and I are owned by a five-year-old black boycat (he's owned my roommate since birth) and roommate also adopted a dog last weekend (about 4, a mutt). The dog realizes that the hierarchy is Schrodinger the House Panther, hoomins, and then her...but I don't think the cat realizes that she knows this yet. They're not pals yet.

I'm planning to adopt a young cat/kitten in the next few weeks. I expect that the dog will want to play and cuddle ALL THE TIME and we *might* be able to convince Schrodinger he has a new minion.

Beside the six kids between my BF and I, we adopted a kitten in May, then I brought home another kitten from my moms in July...Lollie (kitten #1) was pissed at me for 2 weeks. She hated Little Boy (kitten #2). They now love each other so much. We love them...they are a fun addition to the family :)

One 8 year old tabby named Wallace Stegner. I named him after one of my very favorite authors. The feline version has not exactly lived up to his namesake. Wallace Stegner Cat is quite dim. However I love him, he is my fur baby. My furry gray son. My daughter insists (and I put up no resistance) on celebrating his birthday. We always get him new catnip mice. :wink-kitty:

The kid wants another cat, but she knows I will need to see her step up and take better care of his box before I bring another fuzz butt home. Of course husband says no, never, never only he was the one who took into two foster cats while their humans (friends of ours) were quite ill last year. And when he does not think I'm looking I've seen him snuggle and cuddle with Wallace Cat. :character-hobbes:

• 1 month later...

(Hi I'm new!)

I have two chinchillas, but between my housemates and I, there are 4 cats, two dogs and a bunch of chickens.

I'll have to figure out how to upload pics of the chins, they are such little characters

socksthemodel_zps3bdf2ec7.png

This is my feline headship. Isnt she photogenic. I was taking photos of her last night, while she was rolling around and posing like a furry model.

I am also up to seven pet tarantulas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am new around here and thought i would describe all my fur babies. :) Everyone's babies are so beautiful!

I have a Corgi/Shar Pei cross named Carmella. Yes, it's just as strange as it sounds. :D She has the Corgi body (even those awesome dumpy legs), is solid red with a polka dotted tongue, and enough extra skin to make at least one more dog. She was about 6 months old when someone dumped her on a dirt road by my mother's house. We have had her for 8 years. We also have a big fat Siamese mix named Lucy that rules this household! She was also a stray and we think she is now about 9 or so years old. Some friends gave us a mommy guinnea pig and her two daughters and OMG, They sexed them wrong and we now have 7! :pink-shock: I also have ducks and chickens for eggsand feed every stray cat in the neighborhood. I hope to have a milk goat one day soon!

• 2 months later...

This is my beautiful kitten, Venus. She is 11 months old. My boyfriend and I rescued her in September. She's a total mush and I love her sooooo much! :romance-heartbeating:

10583961_839174246142971_6721469924475432923_n.jpg?oh=e55e4c82c9a32e7f003e2f1599fc3114&oe=55884CBE&__gda__=1435205986_ec828be3d50aa780c3127e2a77e8ba7d

10926383_839174589476270_4283574480206669537_n.jpg?oh=50ded12e04f72ba2ab58ef649ec76fee&oe=55565B3D

• 1 month later...

This is my little Louie. We adopted him exactly one month ago today! He was found abandoned at a dumpster :( The shelter thought he's a Corgi/Pekingese mix and maybe around 12months. Poor little guy has abandonment issues and will follow me everywhere I go and cry if I leave for even a second. He is the best though, so sweet :D I cannot believe someone would abandon him. People are terrible :(

11054279_10205534683153760_4754684978311744711_n.jpg?oh=47312a0cd6d70c7d5e8eeae7414712df&oe=55735563&__gda__=1434115031_17ca3c8e0d38b84e50609a83ff3f829a

• 3 weeks later...

New here. I've got an old red chow mix with health problems, a 15lb purebred ragdoll, and a pair of African peachfaced lovebirds.

It's kind of loud at my house.

I have a rescued dog that I named Lucky. I am not sure if he is the smartest dog in the world or a deliberate pain in the butt. He hates to use the outdoor bathroom, we have a dog door, when the weather is iffy. Last week he deposited a load in the bathroom and so I corrected him. I may have called him a bad dog. The next day I found a pile of poop in front of the dog door. The thing is that most of the poop was old, so old that it had turned white. I think that he must have brought it in to torment me for correcting him.

I got a really large black kitty, Kingsley, from a shelter in February. Today, he drank out of my water glass, climbed on top of the fridge/kitchen cabinets (and I'm too short to reach him there even WITH a chair), and attacked the toilet paper. I think he's mad that we went away for the weekend and left him and his sister, Luna (white and gray with stripes, no relation but from the same shelter), at a boarding place.

Archived