• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Curious

The Great FJ Recipe Thread

CTRLZero
22 hours ago, Red Jumper said:

In this little corner on of the traditional sides of the boiled beef is apple horseradish.

I have a few apples that I haven't processed yet, and this seems like such a great idea.  I have no experience working with horseradish (other than a occasional commercially-prepared side), but I am up for a new challenge so I will try putting together a small batch.  Thanks, @Red Jumper

My next adventure will be finding recipes for green tomatoes.  :)

Red Jumper

@CTRLZero Here starts a bit of hints where apple sauce could be used as substitute. Perhaps something's in there for you, if you have any left

StepMonsterInLA
On 1/5/2017 at 11:47 AM, Roux said:

@LizzybetI don't have one, but I hear you need a PhD to run a Vitamix.  On another note, I've been meaning to add a recipe since Christmas.  I needed one more side dish, and a friend had given me this recipe some months back.  It is simple, and it was the one side dish that I had no leftovers.  Everyone loved it.

1 container sour cream (8 oz.)

1 can creamed corn

1 can whole corn undrained

1 stick butter (melted)

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease casserole or baking dish.  Mix all ingredients.  Poor into baking dish. Bake for 55-60 minutes. I also added a little black pepper for a kick, but that's optional.  It will now be my go to for all potlucks, holidays, etc.

I made this and it is added to our thanksgiving meal because a child can literally make it and no big deal it’s a wonderful addition to our holiday, and the start of a wonderful tradition that any ole kid can whip up and feel great about his contribution to dinner!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.