IGNORED

Dangerous Persuasions on Discovery ID

batwing

Has anyone else been watching this?

Last night's episode was about a fundamentalist church turned cult, Covenant, Sword, and Arm of the Lord, which was in Arkansas. This couple was lured in when the wife was pregnant and they invited them to live in their commune where they live organically, have natural childbirths, raise their children together, etc and it then escalates to a sort of militia.

http://dangerouspersuasions.com/kerry-noble/#more-91

The whole series is about how normal people get sucked into these types of groups. Next Wednesday the episode is called "Diabolical Discipline" and the description says a woman follows a missionary to California where things turn violent.

Has anyone else been watching this?

Last night's episode was about a fundamentalist church turned cult, Covenant, Sword, and Arm of the Lord, which was in Arkansas. This couple was lured in when the wife was pregnant and they invited them to live in their commune where they live organically, have natural childbirths, raise their children together, etc and it then escalates to a sort of militia.

http://dangerouspersuasions.com/kerry-noble/#more-91

The whole series is about how normal people get sucked into these types of groups. Next Wednesday the episode is called "Diabolical Discipline" and the description says a woman follows a missionary to California where things turn violent.

I saw the promo for the show about the cult in Arkansas. I was watching Top Chef and if the penultimate episode of this season of Top Chef had not been on, I might not have remembered to change the channel from I Remember Mama on TCM. I hope to catch a rerun or maybe it's on On Demand. I will have to check that out.

I watch some of the shows on ID and they have a lot of murders that involve very religious people. I think that sociopaths might like the hierarchical nature of religion because there is a clear cut way that people must act. You follow the rules and people automatically think that your a good person.

I haven't been watching the recent episodes, but I did watch the episode about a former Scientologist . Thanks for the heads up batwing about the episode descriptions. The episode about the Christian commune will air again on ID on Saturday morning at 10 am eastern.

I haven't been watching the recent episodes, but I did watch the episode about a former Scientologist . Thanks for the heads up batwing about the episode descriptions. The episode about the Christian commune will air again on ID on Saturday morning at 10 am eastern.

Oh cool thanks! I was trying to find the rerun and somehow missed that.

It's so easy to get sucked in by a charismatic leader and then have it all go bad. I will have to catch the rerun.

I watched that particular episode last night, as well as the one about the Mormon woman who got involved with someone who claimed to be the newest prophet. It just shows how easily someone that is religious can be manipulated by a charismatic person or church leader who begins a cult.

• 1 month later...

The Scientology episode is on RIGHT NOW! If you get ID and haven't seen it, it's well worth the watch, IMO. I know we have a thread specifically on this ep, but I can't find it atm.

Archived