IGNORED

The Maxwells were invited to another nursing home!

WonderingInWA

I scratched my head at "synergy" also. Maybe she was trying to repudiate the statements about her crappy writing skills and lack of good literature from which to draw inspiration or vocabulary beyond her usual Christianese.

You do all realize that since Steve-O reads here, Anna will never ever get to do anything to her hair or wear that sweater ever again, right?

Oh, I hope these are little itty bitty signs of rebellion on Anna's part. Her and I are roughly the same age and when I compare our lives, we have so many things in common, we both love to read/write and sew and cook and our sisters are our best friend, but I get to take college classes in litterature, I travel and try all kinds of different "cuisines", I can choose whatever pattern I want when I sew and my sister and I have CHOSEN to be each others best friend as adults.

It kills me to see little Abby being turned into a MaxDrone. Gone is her mischievous smile. I know some people think that Nathan and Melanie are loosening the rules a bit, but I see zero evidence of this with their kids.

It kills me to see little Abby being turned into a MaxDrone. Gone is her mischievous smile. I know some people think that Nathan and Melanie are loosening the rules a bit, but I see zero evidence of this with their kids.

It's so sad. I don't imagine she ever looks forward to going over to granddads (or whatever they call it).

It's so sad. I don't imagine she ever looks forward to going over to granddads (or whatever they call it).

Have to agree, it bothers me that it seems to me the only time the younger girls get out of their house is to go to a home. I'm 32 & nursing home give me the creeps, I really wonder what goes threw Abby head when she goes their.

Have to agree, it bothers me that it seems to me the only time the younger girls get out of their house is to go to a home. I'm 32 & nursing home give me the creeps, I really wonder what goes threw Abby head when she goes their.

If it's her only real outing, she probably knows no different. They probably don't creep her out. I know the smells and sounds, and sights can be intimidating if you don't go there but she's always there. It's all normal to her.

Yes, when I hear the term, "resting in Jesus" the first thought that goes through my mind is death. I don't feel like explaining why, but it's a very common term used in Seventh Day Adventism.

Poor Sarah... she can't even figure this out...

I scratched my head at "synergy" also. Maybe she was trying to repudiate the statements about her crappy writing skills and lack of good literature from which to draw inspiration or vocabulary beyond her usual Christianese.

Speaking of the lack of good literature, you remind me that the one thing they read other than the Bible and Christian biographies is... HTML books and various computer guides. It's quite possible that's where she found "synergy."

Sadly the word is still quite popular in corporate manager speak around me.

You do all realize that since Steve-O reads here, Anna will never ever get to do anything to her hair or wear that sweater ever again, right?

Oh, I hope these are little itty bitty signs of rebellion on Anna's part. Her and I are roughly the same age and when I compare our lives, we have so many things in common, we both love to read/write and sew and cook and our sisters are our best friend, but I get to take college classes in litterature, I travel and try all kinds of different "cuisines", I can choose whatever pattern I want when I sew and my sister and I have CHOSEN to be each others best friend as adults.

Remember that Snark is currently closed to non-members, if Stevie reads this and reacts to it while the board is still closed we would have proof that he's a member here. :twisted: :lol:

Remember that Snark is currently closed to non-members, if Stevie reads this and reacts to it while the board is still closed we would have proof that he's a member here. :twisted: :lol:

How perfect would that be. I would love proof that Steve-o was on FJ. There are just too many coincidences between their blog and what has been said here sometimes.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hi Steve!

Edited because I should know to spell.

While I don't condone their nursing / retirement home "ministry", I would disagree that a nursing home is a bad place to take young children to. On the contrary, it's often a placed filled with lonely people and the young are often welcomed but rarely seen. Of all the questionable things the Maxwells do, allowing young children into a nursing home is probably the few truly good deeds they do. I have no doubt those residents love to see young children there.

That said, we don't know if that's the only place Nathan's girls go to. The Maxwells never blog about Melanie's family and we know they are most likely less fundie than the Maxwells. The little girls may be allowed to participate in outside activities from that side. At the very least, Melanie's 9 siblings probably have kids and they may socialize with the little girls. Anyway, we can hope! :D

Archived