IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Soon to be 24, full time student in a small town in NC that I can't wait to ditch one day. I do odd jobs such as babysitting, pet sitting, and yard work to make money. I have been searching for a part time job with no luck so far.

I was in the same exact situation as you a few years ago! Student in Boone, NC, unable to find work because of the droves of college students, stuck doing yard work and odd jobs, depressed due to the crappy people in the crappy town, etc. Just remember... even though it's hard to find a job there now, once you have your degree and are free to leave the area you will find work that doesn't suck. :)

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the same exact situation as you a few years ago! Student in Boone, NC, unable to find work because of the droves of college students, stuck doing yard work and odd jobs, depressed due to the crappy people in the crappy town, etc. Just remember... even though it's hard to find a job there now, once you have your degree and are free to leave the area you will find work that doesn't suck. :)

Hello fellow NCian! :)

That thought right there is what keeps me going!

Hi! I'm Scary, I found this site after an argument on the Duggar's FB page. Really interesting stuff you guys have compiled here. I'm 38, mother of 3 children 16, 12, and 11. I am a former Midwife, I play Roller Derby, my tattoo artist husband and I have been together for 23 years. I live in NorCal, own my own home and actually live debt-free. I'm also a raging Pagan. :twisted: Really cool to have found this site, the only thing I can't tolerate is intolerence.

Another from Columbus Ohio here! 26, married for 6 years and have a 3yo and a 1yo. I bake in my free time and while I call it a small side business, I usually just give the goodies away, it's much more fun that way.

HA! I was going to ask if it was Boone. Although everyone I know who went to Appy St. loved it.

51, female, the usually happily-married mom of a 15-year-old son and an almost-13-year-old daughter. I have a JD but gave up the practice of law years ago in favor of sanity; however I still work full-time. I am a Christian but not a fundy, and I despair of the things fundies do to give all Christians a bad name.

ETA: I live in coastal SC.

I will be 52 next month, married 28 years with no kids as per my user name. Live in the Midwest. Work in the automotive industry in the IT department of a global automotive supplier. Hold a BA in German having graduated from a evangelical Christian college which wasn't fundy generally but there were some fundy types there. Raised Lutheran in the more liberal branch of the Lutheran Church so no fundy background myself but parents were religious and fairly strict.

I found this site in the wake of the Duggar's loss of Jubilee, did some googling which brought me here as well as to some fundy blogs.

Interest in fundamentalism started when my cousin went super fundy after living a pretty wild life. Glad she got straightened out but it was hard to watch her get involved in that kind of life. Her wedding was something else...she publicly renounced her old religion to all of us and her new husband pretty much told us all we were going to hell. :shock:

I will be 24 next month. I live in got springs very close to champion baptist college. I went to the fundie church affiliated with the college a little last year partly to amuse myself and learn a little more. After my fundie friends graduated and moved away i started attending an assembly of god church. I have defrauded a few of the fundhe boys and got a full frontal hug from one... But i think he felt bad and repented cause the next thing i knew he was all weird about hanging around of and was sacred to even give me rides because of accountability... Even though my only interest was as a friend and he knew i wasnt gonna jump him lol. I found out about the duggars at school. I had a money management class and the teacher showed up fourteen children... I went home and told my mom about this and she didnt believe me although once we looked it up she was just as appalled as me. Every so often she would see something about them and tell me. Her favorite thing to say about them is that they are like a train wreck. You cant look away.

Just had my 49th birthday. Married 26 yrs to a wonderful military man I've known for 49 years; we have 2 kids, 5 grandkids and several dogs. I've raised, trained and rescued purebred dogs almost all my life. I knit, crochet, cross-stitch, embroider and used to quilt (no more free time). I don't kayak as much as I used to since I developed fibromyalgia several years ago. Last week I was diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome. I've had several types of migraines for decades and am also a Celiac. I have an MBA and am a petty beaurocrat working in Central Canada in a shortage human resources specialty for the federal government. I LOVE my work.

My gateway fundy was my Catholic first husband who refused to discuss number/spacing/planning of children on our marriage prep course, saying he preferred to "let God decide". Having been raised in a very liberal household, I didn't know what that meant. The marriage lasted less than 6 months. If I had to label myself spiritually I'd say I'm a neo-pagan witch and have ever been thus, even before I knew the label existed. I have a specific interest in Mormon fundamentalism and am very active on a blog devoted to the subject.

HA! I was going to ask if it was Boone. Although everyone I know who went to Appy St. loved it.

Aw, I hated App State (well, everything except the plentiful mushrooms and beautiful, beautiful campus/mountains)! Everything/everyone in my program was sooo disorganized, plus I went there during the few years that they were apparently kicking ass at football which meant I had to deal with droves of jocks/sports fans. AND everyone knows your business in that damned town! People I'd never met would walk up to me and be like "Oh, hi, you know _____." O.O I also got driven bonkers by the tourists up there in the winter because we lived in the middle of the woods in Blowing Rock during our last year there which meant I had to deal with ski traffic every single time I turned out of our driveway >.<

Female, rapidly closing in on thirty (!), originally from northern New England, now living in China. Studied history and political science in college and grad school, now working for the U.S. Government and cringing at the prospect of yet another Republican-sponsored pay freeze, this time of our step increases. Thanks, guys. Nice to know we mean so much to you. Raised Episcopalian, converted to Judaism last year and love being Jewish for a variety of reasons. Red Sea pedestrian and proud of it, basically.

I don't remember how I found this site; possibly as a result of Googling Lydia of Purple? I've been fascinated by religion in general since I was very young; I decided I wanted to be Jewish at age nine or so and never really looked back. The whole fundie Christian/Quiverfull movement both fascinates and horrifies me.

Hi, 23 here, live in TN, married with two munchkins, an almost 2 year old and a 1 year old. I came to this site because my fundy friends always warned me about it lol, I stalked it forever before I finally made an account and then lurked for a loooong time until I was finally free from that lifestyle- hence my username. It is nice to come out of lurkdom and you all crack me up. :P

I'm 23 and from Nashville TN. I'm currently getting my masters degree in special education and tutoring part time. I found Free Jinger through a google search of ATI and Gothard (I just recently found out about the Duggar's beliefs) and thought it seemed like a fun place to discuss fundie stuff. I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady. I have a knack for finding cats on the street and taking them home (don't worry, I only have 2...for now). Because of me, my friends all have cats. lol

Other than that, I love teaching, ice-skating, and kayaking.

WHOA you're from my neck of the woods. We need to stalk the ATI conference that comes here every year ;)

No, I live outside a small town called Bunn. Feel free to laugh.

Iam 23yo and from Germany. I study history and spanish to become a teacher. I consider myself to be christian, but with very liberal views. My stepfather, my uncle and some of my parents friends are buddhist and I also sympathize with buddhism and the included beliefs.

I'm unmarried and don't have any children yet, but my boyfriend and I will be together 4 years this summer and are planning on taking the next steps live moving in together and maybe get married.. since he is studying catholic theology to become a teacher he is not allowed to live with a woman who is his girlfriend.. yes, crazy!!

I love FJ, its a great place with wonderful people!!

I'm a 26 year old broad from Florida. ^_^ Umm.. Nothing exciting about me. No husband, no kids, looking for a job.. Free spirit, soul searcher, slacker...whatever you want to call it. Nice to meet everyone.

Guest Anonymous

Female, 43, from AL, no husband or kids, work in tech support, somewhat of a loud mouth, conservative Christian (definitely not fundie), tend to vote Republican but don't support the religious right faction, pro-life but not anti-choice or anti-birth control, raised in a conservative loving family, no abuse, suffer from Meniere's Disease & recently had surgery on my R-ear.

First post! :mrgreen:

I live in North Texas. I moved back in with my parents after the father of my kids disappeared. I'm only a few classes away from completing a degree in history. I've been scraping by by sewing replicas of science fiction costumes. I also write and hope to have published fiction someday.

I was raised fundie light. Not as much on the gender roles but my parents homeschooled and fell pretty far into the "FEMA camps and end times oh my!" rabbit hole. (To their credit they've become quite a bit more rational.) I'm only just beginning to realize how much all of that screwed me up.

I know I saw this site linked somewhere else and got curious, I just can't remember where.

I'm 24 and rapidly approaching 25, live near Baltimore, unmarried, no kids, one grey tabby cat named Wendy. Total failure in fundy eyes. I work as a medical secretary. I am big into religion and history - specifically Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Mormonism. Loooove British and Russian history. Registered Democrat. I would consider myself a moderate. I'm personally against abortion but I could never take away another woman's right to choose. I don't think birth control is evil. I do ballet, I read, and a lot of needlework. I started the Free Jinger group on Facebook after lurking on TWoP for a while and chafing under the oppression. My favorite smilie is :animals-chickencatch:.

I am technically an old fart (turned 50 last year), but don't feel it. Raised Catholic, but it was tempered by the fact that my mom was Presbyterian, so I was not raised with the idea that only one religion was acceptable. Left the Church in my late 20's and haven't missed it one bit. Single mom to an almost 14-year old son. Have worked "outside" the home since I was 16 and could get a real job.

I consider myself a Progressive, usually vote Democrat, and vote in every election. Although a heathen now, I follow my own moral code and grow more disgusted with each passing day by people who call themselves Christian while being mean as snakes. I definitely do not want to end up in an afterlife with them!

Late 30's, from Western Canada, one spouse, two kids ages 11 and 9, working part-time and happy to say part of my job description includes teaching evolution. Grew up in the Middle East so was surrounded by fundies. Deeply atheist, fascinated by all kinds of religious and other obsession.

I'm a 33 year old accountant who has been married for 11+ years (do the math, I got married quite young). We have three daughters ages almost 9, 7 and 4. Originally from New England, I've been stuck in the desert southwest since 2001. I drive by ZhuZhu's and the PP's church (in a sad strip mall) on an almost daily basis. The husband is a chef. My kids go to public school and/or full time daycare, because I work 40+ hours a week out of the home. We are non-religious. I am an atheist, the husband is an ex-catholic with many issues with organized religion. As a result, the children are being raised without religion- but we do celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.

I've been interested in the Duggars since 2005.

I your location! Blessed be the great A'tuin!

I'm taking accounting classes. Next challenge is Management Accounting 1. Love teaching, don't love being a sessional with no benefits.

Hello all :D

I'm 41, divorced (but currently engaged - to someone else, of course!), and have three daughters and one granddaughter. We live in Upstate NY, and I dream of living somewhere else in the future that actually has summer for more than four weeks!

I am currently a Health Sciences student. I will soon complete my first degree, and will then be applying to nursing school. My goal to earn a Ph.D in nursing and work as a Family Nurse Practitioner.

I'm a 20 year old university student from Leicester, England. I was raised Catholic/Anglican but am now an atheist. I live with my boyfriend who is an ex-fundy, and am hoping to train as an English teacher after I graduate.

28 y.o. single female, grew up in New Jersey but currently live in Chicago. I'm working towards a master's in social work, and work retail to pay the bills. Was raised in a conservative Jewish household, and would now consider myself to be a "high holiday" Jew. I'm heterosexual but align closely with LGBT political issues, which I've recently heard means that I'm a "queer heterosexual" (yes, I admit, I read Savage Love). Deeply offended by the concept of a government small enough to get into my uterus. Even more offended by mullets. My creative interests include dance, acting, and jewelry making.

Archived