IGNORED

Mark and Luke Arndt - Party animals.

JenniferJuniper

She might have a false positive but THINK she's pregnant- Elizabeth was supposed to have been very old when she conceived John the Baptist. Mama Arndt may be focusing on that passage because she, like Elizabeth, is past usual child-bearing years.

Mommy's no dummy. Her last one was born 10 years ago, her last pregnancy was a couple of years after that, and, unlike Michelle Duggar and Kathy Bates, I doubt she's in denial about menopause.

But none of her 14 are ever leaving so she'll have her babies for ever and ever and ever....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mommy's no dummy. Her last one was born 10 years ago, her last pregnancy was a couple of years after that, and, unlike Michelle Duggar and Kathy Bates, I doubt she's in denial about menopause.

But none of her 14 are ever leaving so she'll have her babies for ever and ever and ever....

Eek I just got a flashback to the creepy twins in The Shining.

Maybe Wizzy's pregnant and she's hoping to pass it off as a Miracle Baby.

God I hope not! she doesn't have many options for who the father would be.

Given the implications, I think it might be even creepier if one of the Arndt kids was served cake at the kitchen table.

Having sex on the counter would at least make them semi-human.

Seth Arndt:

Mom and I are out at Red Lobster today for her birthday (sort of). This seems to be one of her favorite restaurants.

Paul Arndt:

Oooh boy, I love that place! I recommend the parmesan-crusted tilapia! It’s huge, delicious, and not super-expensive.

:think: Why only Seth & Mama? What's going on with that? :lol:

Red Lobster a favorite restaurant, imo that's sad, but at least it's "one step up" from the junk food the boys consume when they're out working...

Guest Anonymous

Given the implications, I think it might be even creepier if one of the Arndt kids was served cake at the kitchen table.

Bahahahahahaha

Seth Arndt:

Paul Arndt:

:think: Why only Seth & Mama? What's going on with that? :lol:

Red Lobster a favorite restaurant, imo that's sad, but at least it's "one step up" from the junk food the boys consume when they're out working...

It weirds me out that they communicate like that via comments on their site, as if they don't all live in the same house and know exactly what they're all doing. The way Paul's recommending something on the menu is as if he's a complete stranger.

I mean, this is one of the least weird things about them, but it still irks me.

Red Lobster is one of my favorite chain restaurants, so I can't fault her there. Living in a rural area, restaurant choices may not be all that plentiful. But I wonder why only one "boy" got to go with her? Maybe it was a decoy while the rest of the gang planned a big surprise party (complete with penguins - but no other real guests that aren't offspring or stuffed animals) to surprise her with when they got home.

I got an email from Mama Arndt

I asked her how she managed to keep all those boys from leaving... under the guise of having children that I wanted to keep at home forevers and be bestest friends like hers are.

She wrote back:

We have always prayed for God to give us the wisdom we would need to

raise our children. I know I sure have needed it.

We have never tried to keep the kids at home. We just all get along so

well, and as we run our businesses out of the home, it seems to be what

the boys want to do for now. Also, I have always figured that since

they helped Rick build the house, they should have all the free rent

they want.

You can check out more episodes on Famteam on our website, famteam.tv.,

and/or check out our family website, famteam.com. We have a lot of info

on there that might interest you.

Take care!

Cathy

I asked her how she managed to keep all those boys from leaving... under the guise of having children that I wanted to keep at home forevers and be bestest friends like hers are.

She wrote back:

they want.

Take care!

Cathy

Bolded- LIES! :liar:

It weirds me out that they communicate like that via comments on their site, as if they don't all live in the same house and know exactly what they're all doing. The way Paul's recommending something on the menu is as if he's a complete stranger.

I mean, this is one of the least weird things about them, but it still irks me.

I'm not sure, but my sense has always been that the postings were for the famteam's "fans", not for themselves. Rick believes he's saving souls through his website and he knows people are popping in to see what the manboys are up to. Their strange world is far more interesting than Rick's biblical quotes, so it's a good way for him to pull in more potential customers.

I wonder if Mary-Elizabeth will ever get an email box of her own. I think Nate's had one since he was 16.

As for the restaurant, Mommy sometimes takes one of errand boys with her to lunch as a reward for doing the heavy lifting.

they want.

Cathy

The "I", not "we" is interesting here, especially for those who have long suspected Mommy was the force keeping the sons at home.

I know it's been posted again and again, but something is WAY off with this crew. If they're truly the happy, emotionally healthy family they purport to be, I have a hard time believing not one of the boy-men decided, "Hey, I love my parents and umpteen siblings, but living with them for the rest of my life ain't gonna happen."

I almost hope that none of them ever get married. No need to rope any additional people into that den of dysfunction.

She wrote back:

they want.

Take care!

Cathy

This is what is so wrong with this woman. I guarantee they are NEVER encouraged to venture out into the big, cold world on their own. This would toughen them up and expose them to other people, other opinions, other lifestyles, etc. This is the last thing she wants. The parents have woven together an intricate life of softball, prayer meetings, home schooling, home churching, the family web site, the stupid TV shows, the dumbbass Youtube videos, the month long vacations to far off states..... all to keep them forever frozen in this adolescent stage they are totally incapable of escaping.

I wonder when the whole thing gets so weird that even clueless Rick decides to pull the plug on the videos and blog due to the embarrassment of it all.

What's amazing to me is that none of them have left! Usually there's at least one child that is the more "rebellious" one! I have a relative who never dated or married, who has stayed living at home with his parents well into adulthood (in his late 40s now, with his mom doing his laundry and packing his lunch). However, he's only one of four kids, and the rest all moved out and have adult lives of their own. The oldest Arndt boy is less than two months older than me (32). I just can't imagine living life like that. I graduated from college almost 11 years ago, I've been married almost 9 years, we own a house, have a daughter!

There has to be something kooky with Mama Arndt. If I had raised a passel of man-boys that are content to stay at home into their 30s, playing with legos, eating cake on their parents' bed, I'd feel like a complete failure of a mother.

Has anyone else seen those documentaries "Love Me, Love My Doll" or similar? These boys remind me of the type who end up with a real doll "girlfriend" someday. No ability to interact with real women, awkward social interactions, looking for the "perfect" girl...

Has anyone else seen those documentaries "Love Me, Love My Doll" or similar? These boys remind me of the type who end up with a real doll "girlfriend" someday. No ability to interact with real women, awkward social interactions, looking for the "perfect" girl...

Well, they already have stuffed penguins as friends so maybe they aren't too far off from the movie.

Oh dear, it's dressing up time this week for the man boys:

:lol:

IMG_20130205_173637.jpg

This is Jacob who according to their website will be 20 this year...

So we know that Mama Arndt thinks the boys get to stay rent free cause they helped build the house... so what happens to Mary Elizabeth when she gets to be 18? Does she have to get a job and pay rent? Or will she be cast out into the cold cruel world with only a penguin on her back?

They seem to have their own cult called "Safe At Home Ministries"

famteam.com/sahministries/index.php

Asking for money Jan Crouch style:

famteam.com/whatsinthefamilyroom.php

And their very own church of the sitting room sofa:

famteam.com/sahchurch/

Their egos are starting to get up there with Jim Boob & Jchelles.

I wonder why the whole thing is branded Safe at home? :roll:

I wonder why the whole thing is branded Safe at home? :roll:

Rick says he based it on the baseball phrase, but of course, the manboys are literally "safe at home".

Rick says he based it on the baseball phrase, but of course, the manboys are literally "safe at home".

The word "safe" is relative, I guess. In Sarah Maxwell's words, this family dynamic is "what some could call" pretty damn twisted and creepy.

living in England, I'm not to up on baseball phrases :) but there is hidden meaning there...

Archived