IGNORED

Mark and Luke Arndt - Party animals.

JenniferJuniper

G76C9069.jpg

I wonder if the Arndts' peculiar brand of fundie-ism is related to the fact that they were apparently originally mainstream Catholics. Mark also posted a picture of the church where his parents were married and in which Cathy's father served as deacon. Wonder what drove them away from the RCC.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could put this family in a laboratory and study them under a giant microscope. They fascinate and appall me at the same time, more than any other family we snark on.

They fascinate me, too. More than any other fundy, I would like to meet this family in real life, interact with them, and find out if they are really as "kooky" as they appear. I still keep hoping that maybe it is all an act and they actually lead completely different lives away from the camera and internet! I know that isn't the case, but I still hope....

My 13 year old has that rainbow mohawk. It sits in a drawer taking up space. Maybe I should give it to the Arndts so more of their grown "kids" can play too?

Count me in as another one fascinated by the Arndt's. The control that Mama A has is amazing, she has so many kids and not one appears to have a distinct personality. The weird Arndtlish dialect is freaky too. Maybe the younger kids speak so poorly so that they can plan am escape together without being understood by the adults?

They fascinate me, too. More than any other fundy, I would like to meet this family in real life, interact with them, and find out if they are really as "kooky" as they appear. I still keep hoping that maybe it is all an act and they actually lead completely different lives away from the camera and internet! I know that isn't the case, but I still hope....

In one their dreadfully long videos, Mark and Luke had to stay at home and work while the rest of family was away on one of their FamTeam road trips. Mark was very distressed about not being with the family for a whole week, but Luke said they should throw a few bashes while everyone was away. Not that Mark would ever let him do that, of course, but the fact that something like that even crossed his mind gives me some hope for a least a few of them.

And in breaking news.....David has been served his birthday cake in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Happy birthday, kid. And best wishes for an escape someday in the future when none of the old folks are looking....

In one their dreadfully long videos, Mark and Luke had to stay at home and work while the rest of family was away on one of their FamTeam road trips. Mark was very distressed about not being with the family for a whole week, but Luke said they should throw a few bashes while everyone was away. Not that Mark would ever let him do that, of course, but the fact that something like that even crossed his mind gives me some hope for a least a few of them.

And in breaking news.....David has been served his birthday cake in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Happy birthday, kid. And best wishes for an escape someday in the future when none of the old folks are looking....

I have hope for Luke!

I was a little surprised to see the picture of the cathedral and read the caption about how their grandfather had been a deacon or whatever. I didn't realize the Arndts were originally Catholic, certainly my own fault for not delving into Daddy Arndt's 32-volume autobiography. So do they have all those kids because of Catholic-no-birth-control theology or are they the quiverfull brand?

I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but for some reason I thought their recent verse on famteam.com was a pregnancy announcement for Mama Arndt:

“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.’â€

Luke 1:41-44

I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but for some reason I thought their recent verse on famteam.com was a pregnancy announcement for Mama Arndt:

“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.’â€

OMG - say it ain't so. And if it isn't, why would they choose to post these verses? Makes no sense.

OMG - say it ain't so. And if it isn't, why would they choose to post these verses? Makes no sense.

I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but it seemed a little bizarre. I've only ever seen those verses referenced around Christmas?

Let's hope that Mama Arndt's womb is NOT leaping for joy, and that if it is, it's only a little heartburn.

Is this them just having fun at home or (what it looks like to me) is them playing with props for/from a photobooth. They are popular at weddings, proms, large parties, and that sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong - I can snark all day about the Arndt "boys" - I'm just saying, that's what it looks like to me.

I've said it before, but these guys are never, ever, ever going to get married.

I was only introduced to these people (and so many others) via this board when I joined a few short weeks ago. I have watched a few of thier videos and I have not figured out what if anything is the point? Cut to the chase already! In one the father rambled on and on about how many cameras were in the minivan and I gave up watching long before the likely sermonette in that video. ANd the grown sons--they strike me as either affecting a forced and fake innocence OR, do they have a version of institutionalization syndrome. It is almost like their videos are portraying people who are pretending to act like they think people act...if that makes any sense.

I was only introduced to these people (and so many others) via this board when I joined a few short weeks ago. I have watched a few of thier videos and I have not figured out what if anything is the point? Cut to the chase already! In one the father rambled on and on about how many cameras were in the minivan and I gave up watching long before the likely sermonette in that video. ANd the grown sons--they strike me as either affecting a forced and fake innocence OR, do they have a version of institutionalization syndrome. It is almost like their videos are portraying people who are pretending to act like they think people act...if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense and describes them quite well.

Hmmm, that is a scary thought. I just checked and they posted that same verse twice within the last week or so (the other time was on January 11th). This might need to be watched to see if anything comes of it. I did notice in the most recent blog pictures, Mommy Arndt isn't wearing the tight black and white top she likes to wear all the time. All her clothes have looked loose.

I thought the Bible verses were "randomly" generated (or so one of the boys mentioned when they started including them on the website), but perhaps not. Anyway, Mama Arndt is 53, though I suppose it's not unheard of to be pregnant at 53, I really hope she isn't. She did have a miscarriage in 2005 I think it was.

So. Weird.

What IS up with the having birthday cake in the parents' bed thing? Have they ever explained why this is their tradition?

Archived