IGNORED

"At least the Duggars don't eat/live like Honey Boo Boo"

homeschoolmomma1

My family had a nice New Year’s brunch with our friends- which included a few fundie families and some fundie-lite. I got to talking about the go-go juice and Sketti that Honey Boo Boo eats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KswWfq2drCM

Then I hear the comment- That is why I love the Duggars they don't eat or live like the honey boo boo family. Duggars eat so much better and come from a home that doesn't parade their youngest in front of people (like Alanna does with the pageants)

I was amazed that they compared the 2 families; however they both are on TLC. Honestly, have they seen Josh lately? Is this even a good comparison Duggars and Honey Boo boo?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And is this really the standard we want to set for society? If you aren't as bad as honey booboo, you're okay?

Guest Anonymous
My family had a nice New Year’s brunch with our friends- which included a few fundie families and some fundie-lite. I got to talking about the go-go juice and Sketti that Honey Boo Boo eats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KswWfq2drCM

Then I hear the comment- That is why I love the Duggars they don't eat or live like the honey boo boo family. Duggars eat so much better and come from a home that doesn't parade their youngest in front of people (like Alanna does with the pageants)

I was amazed that they compared the 2 families; however they both are on TLC. Honestly, have they seen Josh lately? Is this even a good comparison Duggars and Honey Boo boo?

I don't think anyone with a reality show about their kids (19 what and Counting?) can claim this. That's exactly what the Duggars do.

Oh please. There is more love and care in June's pinky than in all of Jim and boob combined. Good parenting is so, so much more than what one feeds their children. And if you really want to go apples to apples on that, TTC is no better than Sketti. And Imo the Duggars are far worse offenders of parading their family around (especially for financial gain) than honey boo boo and her family.

Oh please. There is more love and care in June's pinky than in all of Jim and boob combined. Good parenting is so, so much more than what one feeds their children. And if you really want to go apples to apples on that, TTC is no better than Sketti. And Imo the Duggars are far worse offenders of parading their family around (especially for financial gain) than honey boo boo and her family.

Agreed!

I don't care for either, but both are clearly exploiting their children/faith/family/life etc for the benefit of money.

They eat just as bad as the Honey-Boo-Boo clan, seriously have they checked out their recipes?

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes

But its totally OK for the Do-Gooder Duggars to do these things, since they have G-D on their side! :lol:

:roll: The hypocrisy astounds me.

I guess they missed the scenes of the J'Howlers crawling on and licking frosting off of countertops and pushing ahead of disabled guests to get at some ice cream. And the unfathomable sadness of little Jordyn Duggar.

The Duggars are worse than Honey Boo Boo's family.

Although both families parade their small kids around on TV, only the Duggars have done the same to a very sick baby, exposing her to too many people and germs when she was even still on oxygen.

They both eat pretty badly. Just cause the little kids arent overweight now, its probably only because their portions of crappy food are too small, but Josh really got fat after leaving home and having bigger portion sizes of crap.

Honey Boo Boo and her family seem pretty happy, genuinely as well, but the Duggar kids smile cause theyre supposed to, but you can see the sadness in their eyes, especially some of the Jslaves and little Jordyn. Honey Boo Boo is also looked after by her parents (who seem to care about their kids, unlike Michelle and Jimbob, who dont seem to notice their kids), not her older sisters, who enjoy a normal family life without having parental responsibilities for their siblings.

The Duggars are taught intolerance and hate for gay people, but Honey Boo Boo has a gay uncle and is accepting of this, and so are her family. I think I know which family I would rather have my hypothetical future kids be around.

The Duggars and Honey Boo Boo family are both exploiting their children for money, which makes them just as bad. But at least June and Sugar Bear seem to care for their children unlike Michelle and Jim Bob

To my mind they're both bad examples of parenting. They're just bad differently.

Well, at least Chickadee didn't give birth on the toilet like Anna Duggar. I remember in the episode where Chickadee thought she was in labor, June said she didn't want her to "have the baby on the damn toilet" when Chickadee said she felt like she had to pee and shit. June told the paramedics she wouldn't let her do anything until they got there.

Both families parade their kids for money. I have only watched a few episodes of Honey Boo Boo and I get a very loving vibe in that family. With the Duggars, a lot of smiles and attitudes are forced. I see forced smiles with Jana quite a bit.

Unlike the Duggars, June has refused offers of stuff (and a house) from TLC and is very public about putting the money from the show away for the kids when they grow up. While I'm sure she's very happy to be on the TLC gravy train but atleast she is making an effort to keep some semblance of normalcy in the kid's lives, even if we dont want that normalcy to be ours. The Duggars have been totally corrupted by the show and are addicted to fame and money. I dont get that vibe from June.

Another thing I have to add when it comes to the current TLC reality show families, the only family that seems to be very in touch with most people despite the mom's "occupation" are the Caputos from Long Island Medium. Theresa knows her two kids pretty well and both of her kids are normal and in touch with most teens and 20 somethings unlike the SAHD Duggar girls. Larry Jr. is a college graduate and he played lacrosse during college. Victoria is currently attending college out of state. It baffles me that a lot of the Duggar leg humpers don't realize how stunted and weird the older Duggar kids are. Joshie boy and his wife have to say "how high" whenever Boob says "jump". They travel around with the family quite a bit. The whole "leave and cleve" thing is bullshit when it comes to Josh. I think Boob controls John David to a certain extent. The Duggars cherry picked the Christian midwife that Jill works under. Jana, Jessa, and Jinger don't even have a one year of work experience outside the home. I also don't believe the whole "happy all the time" attitudes of the Duggars.

Unlike the Duggars, June has refused offers of stuff (and a house) from TLC and is very public about putting the money from the show away for the kids when they grow up. While I'm sure she's very happy to be on the TLC gravy train but atleast she is making an effort to keep some semblance of normalcy in the kid's lives, even if we dont want that normalcy to be ours. The Duggars have been totally corrupted by the show and are addicted to fame and money. I dont get that vibe from June.

I didn't know that about June. I give her credit for not taking additional offers from TLC.

I didn't know that about June. I give her credit for not taking additional offers from TLC.

Not exactly the best source... there was another article somewhere about turning down cars and some "makeover" type things.

And there's more. We're told TLC even offered to help the family find a somewhat larger, more secure home, but June refused. She said she wanted to stay in the house because she makes a big deal over Christmas -- decorating the house for the community. June is heavily involved in her town.

And one more thing on the money front. We're told agents have been "swarming" around the family, trying to sign them but June has turned them away. She says she doesn't want to make money the sole object of the show and she's worried if she signs with an agent that person will talk her into making various appearances that will take her away from her family.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/01/here-come ... z2GmHI0eqd

I'm not a fan of either family.

That being said, the Duggar diet isn't any better than Honey Boo Boo's family, they just have better built-in portion control (way too many kids)

As for not parading their children around (which I'm assuming it both refering to explointing the kids and the non-modest outfits Honey Boo Boo wears in her pageants), I don't recall Honey Boo Boo ever being naked on her family's show, which is more than poor Josie can say.

when June's teenage daughter got pregnant,she said it was not ideal but that it was just one more family member to love. she didn't shun or shame her daughter. She isn't going to make an example out of her. Chickadee does not have to wear a scarlet letter or stand up in front of her church to confess and "teach other girls" about the consequences of her sin.

That's what makes her a better mother than Michelle. It's love and letting her daughter keep her self respect.

btw I'm on my new kindle and that's why my grammar is so piss poor. The autocorrect leaves a lot to be desired.

Not that I'm a fan, but sketti seems to be similar to a Japanese dish called Naporitan that is basically spaghetti with a ketchup/butter sauce, but it usually includes a few vegetables and some sort of pork. Here's the wiki- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naporitan

Not a big fan of Honey Boo Boo, but I think that they at least care for their kids more than the Duggars do, not just a product. Even the segment about sketti shows her interacting with Alana.

It simply blows my mind that anyone can consider the Duggars to be good cooks and ask for their recipes.

Michelle's three course rice meal was no worse than June's sketti, and both families eat a horrifying amount of highly processed foods and refined carbs.

But at least June isn't promoting herself and her daughters as highly skilled homemakers.

The Duggar "recipes" that TLC publishes are not what I would consider recipes, they are just lists of packaged crap to mix together and throw into a casserole dish. They have two beautifully equipped kitchens and half a dozen potential cooks, and they still come up with this crap.

It's such a pity, cause out of so many kids I'm sure there is at least one with a genuine interest in cooking and proper foods, but cause they don't have access to fresh foods and aren't exposed to any real techniques, that interest will dwindle.

Archived