IGNORED

"At least the Duggars don't eat/live like Honey Boo Boo"

homeschoolmomma1

HBB's "brand" is "poor happy redneck", unless they get talked into a Beverley Hillbillies-like scenario, I can see June saving the money/refusing house offers etc because she has to protect both the brand and her kids' futures (she's way smarter than they make her out to be). If they're using couponing credits to buy healthy food etc, it's not going to be filmed. To be honest, I don't think they'd film the Duggars eating anything healthy either.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, toast or bread with butter and sugar is really just one ingredient short from being cinnamon toast so I don't see it as being that weird really. I'm pretty sure I made toast with margarine (my parents didn't start buying butter until I was in high school) and sugar when we didn't have any cinnamon.

Look I get the family is poor and that pagentry crap can be very expensive. But it wasn't like the family's going without food, if anything with all the couponning they bought extra shelves to hold all their extra food. I wouldn't be suprised the the producers encouraged honey boo to eat the cheetos. The whole point of the show is the family being encouraged to be the hickest/trashiest version of themselves for entertainment. Honey boo is happy to play along now while she is a theatrical kid who loves being the center of attention but will she look back and realize her childhood and see what a sham it was?

I grew up in the 1970's and neither my brother and I were over weight but we ate many comfort foods. Some kids were big boned but were never considered fat like they would be now. We didn't stay thinner from having to divide food among 20 people. We had good genes but we exercised outside. Looking back, i could have used some extra weight lol

I don't think kids should be involved in their parents' policitcs whether right or left. I doubt if kids Alana's age or the younger Duggar kids have any idea about what their parents support.

Archived