IGNORED

Josh Duggar Instagram and Facebook (Part 7)

StarrieEyedKat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Amy talking about the Cowboys. Maybe Smugs just decided to be a fan of a team that is in playoffs lol. It will take him a long time to get schooled on NFL history and lore. He probably pretended to know a lot when he watched the game with those two guys.

The cheerleaders and commercials are pretty defrauding. I wonder if he has to Nike them away?

There would also be some Nike moments if Josh watches post game shows on ESPN or NFL Network. He will be defrauded by shirtless football players in the locker rooms being interviewed. Beyonce will be performing at this year's Super Bowl, there will be some Nike moments.

I'd worry about some of the more ditzy younger boys getting their hands on a loaded gun. James and Jackson specifically come to mind.

We have already seen all the little Duggar boys firing guns. They shoot in their yard supervised by a Jslave (possibly Jill). The gun cupboard is in the corner of the family wardrobe and they had quite a few. There is a video on youtube but I can't remember the title.

What's the Nike thing you guys are talking about? I'm guessing it has nothing to do with expensive sneakers.

In one of the early episodes, Joy mentioned that when they see a woman in immodest clothing they say "Nike" to alert the boys to look away

In one of the early episodes, Joy mentioned that when they see a woman in immodest clothing they say "Nike" to alert the boys to look away

Ohhh ~ weird! Thanks - I never saw that one.

I've always wondered about the choice of "Nike" for this alert. She is the goddess of victory so are they suggesting they have won victory over the evil woman wearing no clothes by looking away or maybe it is victory over temptation? I always think it sounds like the girls are complementing the evil woman "Hey boy, goddess ahead, better look away".

Edit to add: pretty sure it was in a documentary we first saw this, before the series 17K&C began

I've always wondered about the choice of "Nike" for this alert. She is the goddess of victory so are they suggesting they have won victory over the evil woman wearing no clothes by looking away or maybe it is victory over temptation? I always think it sounds like the girls are complementing the evil woman "Hey boy, goddess ahead, better look away".

Edit to add: pretty sure it was in a documentary we first saw this, before the series 17K&C began

I've always assumed they were just warning the boys to look down towards their sneakers; maybe that was the brand the first nearly defrauded boy was wearing when they came up the idea.

They aren't too deep.....

Poor Joy didn't have a clue why she had to do it, it was Grandma that explained it. Really weird too cos it wasn't even in the street it was some lass on a commerical on a beat up old telly they had that they got out to watch mummy and daddy telling everyone she was *shock* pregnant again on the today show.

They likely do not know anything about Nike aside from "it's a kind of shoes".

They likely do not know anything about Nike aside from "it's a kind of shoes".

No kidding. There is no way that those kids are literate enough to know about Greek and Roman mythology. And even if they were literate enough to read that stuff it would still be deemed too heathen and evil for them to do so. It is definitely a strange term, perhaps one of the kids liked the sound of Nike and it just stuck for this purpose. Yelling "Nike" sounds to me like some sort of BDSM safeword...

Ohhh ~ weird! Thanks - I never saw that one.

This website has a transcript of the Nike bit:

tv.com/m/shows/18-kids-and-counting/duggars-room-with-a-view-1260056/

Poor Joy didn't have a clue why she had to do it, it was Grandma that explained it. Really weird too cos it wasn't even in the street it was some lass on a commerical on a beat up old telly they had that they got out to watch mummy and daddy telling everyone she was *shock* pregnant again on the today show.

It was mentioned before the Joy-Grandma-tv episode. I think maybe 14 kids and pregnant again when the girls are wearing the red check frumpers with massive white collars and the boys are all in navy polos and they are line two lines walking down the street.

I've always assumed they were just warning the boys to look down towards their sneakers; maybe that was the brand the first nearly defrauded boy was wearing when they came up the idea.

They aren't too deep.....

I hadn't thought about it that way. I couldn't find anyway to relate the sports brand to women. I didn't think of "look at your shoes". I knew the kids wouldn't know the mythology but I always figured it was Michelle or Jim Bob that came up with the term. Thinking about it, they probably don't know where the word Nike comes from either.

Note to self: must remember not to over estimate the intellegence or education of these people.

I always took it to be look at your shoes also. W can't assume any knowledge from the Duggars I fear.

I really can't imagine Josh watching NFL. Just the cheerleaders alone are all kinds of Nike, not to mention the players/coaches slap each other's butts, they curse (well, it's bleeped, but still), the commercials are super defrauding. Gosh, imagine him watching the super bowl. Victoria's Secret & GoDaddy commercials would probably make his brain explode. Although, I wonder if he thinks he's somehow exempt from viewing defrauding TV now that he's married and "can't be tempted because he's got a beautiful wife and two kids" (or whatever other shitty excuse he can use to say rules don't apply to him).

Speaking of NFL, "Nike", and defrauding (NSFW)

tumblr_m70rxcymtv1rui7kco1_1280.jpg

It was mentioned before the Joy-Grandma-tv episode. I think maybe 14 kids and pregnant again when the girls are wearing the red check frumpers with massive white collars and the boys are all in navy polos and they are line two lines walking down the street.

I hadn't thought about it that way. I couldn't find anyway to relate the sports brand to women. I didn't think of "look at your shoes". I knew the kids wouldn't know the mythology but I always figured it was Michelle or Jim Bob that came up with the term. Thinking about it, they probably don't know where the word Nike comes from either.

Note to self: must remember not to over estimate the intellegence or education of these people.

I'm just thankful they don't use anything that is derogatory to the "immodest" women they are trying to avoid.

Jackson comes off as a very babyish and having him around a gun would be a bad situation.

Exactly. Jackson is a very cute little boy, but he never seems to grow up from one season to the next. He seems stuck at about five years old. Kind of like Carrie from "Little House on the Prairie."

Exactly. Jackson is a very cute little boy, but he never seems to grow up from one season to the next. He seems stuck at about five years old. Kind of like Carrie from "Little House on the Prairie."

I was shocked to learn he's 9! They've arrested his development to keep him as the youngest boy forever. I figure they've got 3 years before puberty makes him as melon-headed and awkward as the rest of the boys. Then things should get strange.

I really can't imagine Josh watching NFL. Just the cheerleaders alone are all kinds of Nike, not to mention the players/coaches slap each other's butts, they curse (well, it's bleeped, but still), the commercials are super defrauding. Gosh, imagine him watching the super bowl. Victoria's Secret & GoDaddy commercials would probably make his brain explode. Although, I wonder if he thinks he's somehow exempt from viewing defrauding TV now that he's married and "can't be tempted because he's got a beautiful wife and two kids" (or whatever other shitty excuse he can use to say rules don't apply to him).

Speaking of NFL, "Nike", and defrauding (NSFW)

tumblr_m70rxcymtv1rui7kco1_1280.jpg

I have to wonder how Anna would do watching the NFL with Josh. I get the vibe she wouldn't like some of the stuff that you mentioned the cheerleaders, women drinking beer in the stands, etc.

I remember someone here said that Boob said on the show that he likes it when his kids are babyish or very young. I get the vibe that Boob and Mullet are keeping their kids stunted for show purposes. Johanna also comes off as babyish and like Jackson it gets to the point where is annoying and not cute. Overall, I think all of the kids are stunted in different ways. The J'Slaves are naive in a very annoying way especially Smug Jill and her praise of her parents "for not kicking their kids out after age 18." The one that doesn't seem too stunted is Josiah.

I have to wonder how Anna would do watching the NFL with Josh. I get the vibe she wouldn't like some of the stuff that you mentioned the cheerleaders, women drinking beer in the stands, etc.

If the headship wants to watch the Green Bay cheerleaders, she's just going to have to deal with it.

If the headship wants to watch the Green Bay cheerleaders, she's just going to have to deal with it.

27_Cheerleaders403.JPG

Josh Duggar â€@joshduggar

RT @RickMoore: Catholics haven't been beaten this bad since Obamacare was passed. #NotreDame #Alabama #BCS

Funny, as I recall Josh isn't that concerned about Catholics getting their feelings hurt . . .

Joshie boy is only ok with strict legalistic Catholic types like Frothy. I have lurked on Catholic Answers for several years and I can see Joshie being cool with some of those people.

Archived