IGNORED

Josh Duggar Instagram and Facebook (Part 7)

StarrieEyedKat

I might be wrong, but wasn't one of the Duggar boys doing a College Minus program in Criminal Justice?

How on earth can one learn real criminal justice through a correspondence course? Blows my mind.

Beats trying to learn nursing through an online course, which I think is one of their other options :?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong, but wasn't one of the Duggar boys doing a College Minus program in Criminal Justice?

How on earth can one learn real criminal justice through a correspondence course? Blows my mind.

I'm not familiar with *this specific online college* (College Minus?) but it's becoming more and more common for people to follow their continuing ed programs online.. there's a very large university up here (Canada) - it's in Alberta, called Athabasca University http://www.athabascau.ca/ - that offers all of their programs online and it's actually quite well respected. :)

^^College Minus is actually a program called CollegePlus, which is not an online college of any sort. You basically pay a couple thousand dollars to this organization, and they register you and help you prepare to take CLEP tests. They don't teach you the material or anything, they just give you information about the tests and try to help you stay organized and focused.

The CLEP tests are college equivalency courses that people may take for credit, but the number of CLEP courses that a college will accept varies hugely by school. Many universities will not accept any CLEP credit for their degrees, or will only accept them for general ed or elective requirements. CollegePlus does not grant degrees, and only one college in the country will even consider granting a single degree to people who take a full complement of courses via CollegePlus.

You can also take CLEP tests on your own simply by registering and paying the necessary fee. No need for a scam like CollegePlus.

That said, there is nothing wrong with distance learning from an accredited program. I took a handful of courses for my degree from my uni's online education center because it allowed me more free time. From looking at my transcript you would never know which courses were in the classroom and which were online.

I know Michelle said Josiah was taking Accounting courses (because he doesn't like to get his hands dirty) through C Minus and that Joseph looked through a catalogue once, but I don't recall what, if anything he signed up for. John is probably too busy making actual money to be bothered with them and the twins at 14 are probably still at the DR table.

It was smugs that enrolled in Criminal Justice with CMinus. All part of his plan to become a lawyer.

It was smugs that enrolled in Criminal Justice with CMinus. All part of his plan to become a lawyer.

Well we certainly know he didnt take photography!

I don't know what would lead to this, but swearing someone into office under the cover of darkness in a gas station comes across to me as the actions of people who want to do something without getting caught or stopped.

I don't know what would lead to this, but swearing someone into office under the cover of darkness in a gas station comes across to me as the actions of people who want to do something without getting caught or stopped.

Well they shouldn't have leaked the news to Captain Instagram, then, should they?

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010 ... explained/

According to this, "constable" is a pretty loose definition in Arkansas, but an uncertified constable apparently is the "eyes and ears" of the police, seems to me like a citizen's watch patrol person except you get to wear a uniform. I highly doubt JD is certified. Kind of reminds me of when Richard Nixon made Elvis a DEA agent.

39842440556811e2a3d822000a1f9be5_6.jpg

[ @ ] joshduggar What do 2013 and 1987 have in common? #1987 #2013 12h

[ @ ] jordan_flynn99 What do they have in common? 12h

[ @ ] brittonfelber Nothing. Lol 12h

[ @ ] kathobi LOL @jordan_flynn99 Read the words in the pic. 12h

[ @ ] jordan_flynn99 Hahaha now I get it @kathobi 12h

[ @ ] sydneymerrick10 It makes no sense, there are alot of years to have four different numbers. 11h

[ @ ] jododgers Who thinks about these things?? : ) 11h

[ @ ] ima_mermaid7 Okay i dont get it!! Lol 11h

[ @ ] kathobi @sydneymerrick10 think about it. All other years since 1987 have had two numbers the same, until this year. Write it down. It makes perfect sense. :) 11h

[ @ ] kathobi And the Mayans didn't even see this one coming! Ha ha #2013 11h

[ @ ] jordangreene Cool 10h

[ @ ] mumma1234 Cool 10h

[ @ ] okaysh Thanks Josh! Love quirky facts. @jododgers - Often said the same about my philosophy classes 8h

[ @ ] maujade Ok 4h

[ @ ] juliapadg Oh, weird. You're right. 3h

[ @ ] emfaith10 I never thought about that! So cool! 3h

[ @ ] kbernal2000 Hii josh ur right......I'm a big fan and wacth 19 kids and counting 2h

[ @ ] sydneymerrick10 @kathobi no..1902 are all different numbers, 1903 all different numbers 1923 all different numbers 53min

[ @ ] theandygriffin He said SINCE 1987... @sydneymerrick10 27min

These people will seriously discuss anything he posts. Then again, so will we!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/oct/31/constables-place-law-enforcement-explained/

According to this, "constable" is a pretty loose definition in Arkansas, but an uncertified constable apparently is the "eyes and ears" of the police, seems to me like a citizen's watch patrol person except you get to wear a uniform. I highly doubt JD is certified. Kind of reminds me of when Richard Nixon made Elvis a DEA agent.

I'm guessing that JD just wants to get some official sounding experience to boost his chances of getting elected the next time he runs for something. I doubt that the average voter is going to look at the history when he says, "I served this community as constable for x years."

"I'm guessing that JD just wants to get some official sounding experience to boost his chances of getting elected the next time he runs for something. I doubt that the average voter is going to look at the history when he says, "I served this community as constable for x years.""

That makes sense. Is JD the same one who ran for mayor a couple of years ago? There was an episode where one of the Duggar sons was running for mayor, and he didn't seem to have any other reason for it except that it would kind of be an interesting thing to do. No mention of any local issues (and even if your town only has 100 people, there are local issues).

Ugh. I know JD is something of a pet fundie around here, but the thought of him holding public office (both this one and potentially more powerful ones in the future) squicks me out.

I find JD to be a tad more likable than Joshie. I think Boob will be the puppet master behind JD when it comes to politics.

"I'm guessing that JD just wants to get some official sounding experience to boost his chances of getting elected the next time he runs for something. I doubt that the average voter is going to look at the history when he says, "I served this community as constable for x years.""

That makes sense. Is JD the same one who ran for mayor a couple of years ago? There was an episode where one of the Duggar sons was running for mayor, and he didn't seem to have any other reason for it except that it would kind of be an interesting thing to do. No mention of any local issues (and even if your town only has 100 people, there are local issues).

Yes, that was JD but it wasn't mayor he ran for, it was alderman back then too. There is an interview on youtube where Jim Boob talks about it. JD felt God was calling him to run and so he talked to Jim Boob. They prayed about it together and decided it was the right thing to do. Basically nobody voted for him.

Edited to add: What is that famous quote about "I don't trust people who claim to be doing what God called them to do as it is always exactly what the person themselves is inclined to do." (Something like that, anyway.)

Ugh. I know JD is something of a pet fundie around here, but the thought of him holding public office (both this one and potentially more powerful ones in the future) squicks me out.

I don't like him. He's just as slimy as the rest.

I don't like him. He's just as slimy as the rest.

He seemed fairly beniegn until, like all Duggars do, he opened his mouth. The "Jefferson Davis" comment just showed what a racist asshole the Duggar parents raised.

He may generally be quiet but the guns and Jefferson Davis showed us what's behind the quiet exterior.

Not sure if this has been posted, but Anna Duggar posted an anti-Obama/pro-assult rifle use picture on her Instagram. It created lots of interest, both pro and con.

Yes, that was JD but it wasn't mayor he ran for, it was alderman back then too. There is an interview on youtube where Jim Boob talks about it. JD felt God was calling him to run and so he talked to Jim Boob. They prayed about it together and decided it was the right thing to do. Basically nobody voted for him.

Edited to add: What is that famous quote about "I don't trust people who claim to be doing what God called them to do as it is always exactly what the person themselves is inclined to do." (Something like that, anyway.)

It was Susan B. Anthony

Archived