IGNORED

CT School shooting

snarkykitty

I'm hoping for this too. But I have a sick feeling that a particular blogger will post something. My thoughts go out to the families and community.

I was thinking and hoping the same thing.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet Jesus! Those poor little ones. I'm praying for all of the families involved. Just now CBS News said that Ryan's Lanza's (the shooter) mother was a teacher at that school.

Sweet Jesus! Those poor little ones. I'm praying for all of the families involved. Just now CBS News said that Ryan's Lanza's (the shooter) mother was a teacher at that school.

...and that it all started in her kindergarten classroom.

Devastating :(

It's tragedies like these which are why I don't understand why people don't support tougher gun laws.

because if somebody in that school had had a gun, they could have shot the shooter. that TOTALLY would have happened and TOTALLY would have saved the day.

...and that it all started in her kindergarten classroom.

that is just fucked up

the whole thing is fucked up.

Where is the class that is supposed to be missing

I am so glad tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have to send DD to school. Was talking to a friend who was saying her older kids are crying because they heard about it and were imagining their school without the little primary 1s. couple of thousands of miles away and a different continent, and kids are crying about it.

Is his mother okay? :cry:

No, it's being reported that he killed her first. At her home, I think.

I'm hoping for this too. But I have a sick feeling that a particular blogger will post something. My thoughts go out to the families and community.

I was thinking and hoping the same thing.

I can't believe this. It makes me so angry.

because if somebody in that school had had a gun, they could have shot the shooter. that TOTALLY would have happened and TOTALLY would have saved the day.

Reality. How does it work? Seriously, even my apolitical facebook friends are ranting about lax gun laws in the US right now.

I cannot believe that on the cnn report on this the main thing that people are arguing about in the comments is the rights and wrongs of gun control.

Children died. All the commenters seem to focus on is their 'rights'.

Reports say he killed his father too.

I can't believe this. It makes me so angry.

Reality. How does it work? Seriously, even my apolitical facebook friends are ranting about lax gun laws in the US right now.

I have to wonder if the reports of a second gunman are about someone who was trying to stop it. On one level I hope he was an armed defender and didn't help anything (or FSM Forbid actually hurt someone other than the gunman). We've need to get past the "more people armed == less death" meme.

The media is posting a picture of the wrong Ryan Lanza. They should wait for the police to give them a photo of the suspect instead of searching facebook.

It seems he shot his father in the home and then his mother at the school.

I must admit I did a search when they announced his name....the most I found was a tweet from one Ryan Lanza about it being game day, but who knows....the danger of social networking.

This is just heartbreaking.

That's exactly what my family members are saying -__- I'm staying off facebook for the rest of the day.

Those poor babies, and their parents. :(

The internet is telling me that this would have all been solved if we armed kindergarten teachers with assault weapons.

That being said, it looks like the owner of the facebook page might not be the Ryan Lanza who committed the crimes.

They'll probably have to start referring to him as "Ryan Middlename Lanza" to save all the other Ryan Lanzas in the country from harassment.

Thankfully, even my more political relatives are limiting their comments to "Praying for the affected families."

They'll probably have to start referring to him as "Ryan Middlename Lanza" to save all the other Ryan Lanzas in the country from harassment.

Wow. That never occurred to me. I always wondered why they did the whole name like that.

A friend of mine was shot twice but is in the hospital. While I am so happy for her, I am still devastated by those whose stories we haven't heard yet.

Archived