IGNORED

CT School shooting

snarkykitty

When my husband picked my daughter up from kindergarten, everyone was crying and hugging the teachers and children. I am not sure how to explain this to my children. It is so terrifying and I don't really understand it myself.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When my husband picked my daughter up from kindergarten, everyone was crying and hugging the teachers and children. I am not sure how to explain this to my children. It is so terrifying and I don't really understand it myself.

I wish I knew the words to explain it to my little one too. He wants to know why I was crying. Like you, I don't understand it either. I feel so sick.

Snarkykitty, I'm glad she's okay and I'm hoping for the best for everyone else.

Only in 'Merica does everyone HAVE A GUN!!

Ban guns people!!

Obviously you're not an American.

No, we don't all have guns. Stop spreading that shit.

you could say "A man hurt some people and we are all sad." If they don't need to know that it was a school, then there is no reason to tell them, of course.

My thoughts go out not only to everyone involved with the school, but to parents and children everywhere who are feeling grief because of this horrible atrocity.

A friend of mine was shot twice but is in the hospital. While I am so happy for her, I am still devastated by those whose stories we haven't heard yet.

snarkykitty, sending lots of positive thoughts to your friend and everyone affected. There are no words.

No, it's being reported that he killed her first. At her home, I think.

It's now being reported (CNN) that a brother has been found dead at the shooter's place in Hoboken. It sounds like the mother was at the school, but they're not really disclosing much about where they found her. His FB pic, updated 5 days ago, looked pretty American Psychoesque.

It's now being reported (CNN) that a brother has been found dead at the shooter's place in Hoboken. It sounds like the mother was at the school, but they're not really disclosing much about where they found her. His FB pic, updated 5 days ago, looked pretty American Psychoesque.

The initial stages after a tragedy like this are so confusing. The latest report I heard is that the brother was taken into custody. I wish the media would, you know, CONFIRM things before they report them.

Apparently they're now saying that wasn't his FB page. CNN needs to stop trying to be first and take a moment to get their info straight.

For those of you with young kids, The Binders Full Of Women group on FB posted a link to information from the Fred Rogers Company (Mr. Rogers) on how to explain tragic events to young children.

http://fci.org/new-site/par-tragic-events.html

I had to refresh it a few times to get it to load. Their servers can't seem to handle all the traffic they're getting right now.

Apparently the whole kindergarten class is dead

That's sick. I'm imagining myself infront of a class of babies, and I can't help but smile. I can't imaging wanting to do anything to harm them!

Does anyone know why most of the recent shootings have been by young men? What's the trend?

That's sick. I'm imagining myself infront of a class of babies, and I can't help but smile. I can't imaging wanting to do anything to harm them!

Does anyone know why most of the recent shootings have been by young men? What's the trend?

The only female mass shooter I can think of was from 1979, an incident that inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Ann_Spencer

The media is awful. They posted the facebook pic of the wrong Ryan Lanza. To make matters worse Ryan Lanza is not the suspect, it's his brother Adam. The media should wait for information from the investigators.

The only female mass shooter I can think of was from 1979, an incident that inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Ann_Spencer

CNN has a timeline of school shootings.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/timeli ... ?hpt=hp_c2

Years between them and then one or more almost every year. There are a few where girls were the shooters.

oh my god. she wasn't even in the school? WTF????

so he killed her at her home, and then went to her classroom?

i just...

There are no words for that...

Snarkykitty, I am so sorry about your friend. I hope she is doing okay, under the circumstances.

I heard that Ryan Lanza is in custody, but Adam was the shooter. Maybe Ryan was the one they arrested in the woods.

And Fundielyte, not every American has a gun or wants a gun. Fuck off.

Official report says 20 children dead, 6 adults plus the shooter, and another (adult, I believe) is dead at a separate crime scene.

My son is almost those children's age, I'm not letting him go right now.

Look at Shirley Phelps Roper's twitter. And all the WBC. They are DISGUSTING.

My daughter's on Tumblr and they're all commenting on the WBC response.

Yeah, I believe that Dan Rather was the last real journalist. On 911 he was making sure his staff triple checked information before they released it to the public. (I noticed that other news corps were NOT doing that at the time.) If they did report something not factual, Rather was apologetic.

Getting facts about this is crazy! I'm hearing so much conflicting information that I'm just going to walk away from it all until it settles and the facts are laid out by first responders.

If news sources were posting links to the wrong person's facebook page, that's beyond terrible.

That poor kid is all over OTHER people's facebook feeds now, and I guarantee you that a hefty percentage of them won't get the memo that it's the wrong kid, and take him off their walls.

Archived