IGNORED

Yukky submission photo

Hisey

As art I love it. I looked at it. I formed an opinion. I read the comments of others who had seen different things to me in the picture. I had to go back and look again. That is what I want in art - something that makes me think.

As an example of how I should relate to my husband??? Ewwww.

My first thought was that she was upset and he was maybe comforting her. He's not smiling in the photo. Didn't occur to me to be BDSM, but I really never have been interested in that so I probably wouldn't know much about it. Still, I don't see it as a submission style picture. Looking at it that way gives a very creepy feeling of the dynamic going on. He's in a suit, kneeled to her and she's naked and lowered to him. Yea...not what I want ever in a relationship. Never. Ever. Someone gets a kink out of it, that's fine, but to suggest that it's the right way. No fucking way. And agree with others, that would never be allowed in most homes in the US, even non religious ones, in the open as how wives and husbands should be.

It's like he's trying to help her give birth. Or take a dump. Either way, not cute.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

That is one creepy picture :naughty:

:lol: It's submission, just not the kind she had in mind. Or maybe it was the kind she had in mind and maybe some people would rather make an elaborate religion-based excuse than admit they're into kink?

What the hell kind of hair style is the gent sporting? It is all spikey on the outside and flat on the inside. What christian gentleman would do rock that? (It is clearly BDSM, I don't find it creepy as I imagine they have both consented and fully spelled out their limits etc. which is't Christian submission at all.)

:lol: It's submission, just not the kind she had in mind. Or maybe it was the kind she had in mind and maybe some people would rather make an elaborate religion-based excuse than admit they're into kink?

It has been suggested that if somebody had explained sadomasochism to Michael Pearl when he was a young man, there would be a cheerful old dude providing to all interested parties in a pain club someplace--or putting on a show with his old lady Debi, who knows?--and the world would have been spared To Train Up a Child. ("Wounded, submissive whimper." Angels and ministers of grace defend us!)

Just adding on the BDSM angle because several people have mentioned the clothed/naked thing.

There's a somewhat popular kink/fetish for well-dressed men and naked women, to the point that some people have parties and things with that arrangement. This pic might be a part of that. The difference is that they're not going around saying that is the idea for every marriage/relationship.

Found it!

http://www.somethingdark.eu/issue-2/pag ... raphy.html

Also this might be a better illustration of "godly" submission to the usual "fundie" man.

http://www.jennyboot.nl/images/gallerie ... 20copy.jpg

(No nudity in that one)

Being Dutch I could forward it to Jenny Boot, I'm curious to see her reaction... :lol: :lol:

Actually, I find the picture PRICELESS.

Here's why:

Fundies who believe in wife-only submission believe it is perfectly normal, healthy and all women should be required to follow it. Those who believe in this nonsense latch onto *this* picture to depict it.

Yet, the rest of the sane world can immediately recognize this is a D/s situation and while it's fine if it's consensual and desired it is NOT within social norms. It actually requires deliberate consent, negotiations and safeguards to keep things safe for all. Plus, as someone pointed out intentionally entering this relationship sets up a requirement for orgasm and fundie women entering it forgo that ANY sexual satisfaction is permissible to be expected on their parts ever.

I think the portrait is beautiful artwork. It does not represent *my* marriage, nor would I ever want it to. It's just classic that any fundie would think this is a good representation of marriage and fail to understand that it is not social norms but something tynically considered deviant, which means additional consents for those who practice it. It's classic that Fundies simply lack the vocabulary and conceptual analysis to understand when others try to tell them that their idea of marriage is a fetish in the first place!

Aside from the creepiness of generalizing a picture of a sexual situation to all of life--everyone's life--my takeaway from this pic is that submission has a big, round, white ass. ; )

And on second thought, how the heck does this fit in with the fundie modesty obsession? Wrap yourself in drab frumpers--but in your mind, you're always draped naked across your master's lap? It's kinky, all right.

Aside from the creepiness of generalizing a picture of a sexual situation to all of life--everyone's life--my takeaway from this pic is that submission has a big, round, white ass. ; )

And on second thought, how the heck does this fit in with the fundie modesty obsession? Wrap yourself in drab frumpers--but in your mind, you're always draped naked across your master's lap? It's kinky, all right.

They are devoid of any sense of reality, intelligence and education. The same applies to their preference of Jane Austen.

I can imagine Austen enduring an hour or so of tea and conversation with a pack of Prairie Muffins and then writing them into another book . . . perhaps not in the way they would have liked . . .

Archived