IGNORED

Lori's readers disagree *gasp*

Dear god, Lori has just let through a handful of posts that actually disagree with her. I am stunned. Had no idea dissent was allowed in the camp.

Lori:

Soon after Alyssa and Jon were married, she went through her whole closet and got rid of any clothes that Jon didn't like

Well that's totally rational. :? (Alyssa is her daughter)

Lori:

Ken just told me the other day that he prefers my hair down rather than up in a bun. I took my hair down as soon as I got home, curled it, and won't wear it up when I am around him anymore.

Again, total overkill.

How long have these people been married? My hair is starting to gray a bit, and whether I dye it or not is is the least of my husbands concerns.

I would be very concerned if I was married to someone who was so superficial. I can't help but wonder if there's been some infidelity here. Lori puts so much pressure on herself to keep Ken happy. It's got to get old.

Oh well, at least her readers are speaking up. Keep thinking people...keep thinking.

Wow, hes so superficial and shallow. Who cares how she does her hair or how she dresses? Its the personality youre supposed to fall in love with.

I think for a lot of people there is natural desire to always want to look good for their spouses. But most people accept that can't please each 24/7 and many people are ok with their spouses not having the hairstyles or clothing they prefer all the time. I also wonder about infidelity. Since I have been reading Lori's blog, I have always gotten the feeling that they aren't happy. Lori talks about how they are so lovey dovey all the time walking around holding hands and last week she did posting about showing affection to husbands in front of kids. A lot of things Lori writes sometimes come as forced or fake. I think she wants her readers to think she and Ken are super happy. Lori's descriptions of Ken and his attitude never really come off as good, the guy seems like a selfish asshole. As for Lori's daughter it isn't surprising she is Lori Jr. and the husband Jon is a lot like Ken. I predict that one of Lori's kids will end up getting a divorce.

This comment probably gave Lori a boner.

kelley highway · 11 hours ago

This is vital when a wife puts her husband first in her life. Keeping ourselves, maintaining our temples is pleasing to our head (the husband) and his head (the one, true and living God, Jesus). Good reminders today.

Note to self: Misreads will occur when you skim a passage with the words "pleasing", "husbands" and "head" in the same sentence.

I sometimes think that Lori allows disagreeing comments to be posted as a way of giving herself a pat on the shoulder for being more "godly" than other women. There have been times she does scrub her comments section on certain postings. I recall there was a posting she did in which misstated certain historical facts and FJers said they left comments correcting her, but those comments were never posted.

I sometimes think that Lori allows disagreeing comments to be posted as a way of giving herself a pat on the shoulder for being more "godly" than other women. There have been times she does scrub her comments section on certain postings. I recall there was a posting she did in which misstated certain historical facts and FJers said they left comments correcting her, but those comments were never posted.

She only lets certain ones through. Otherwise, she blocks or blocks and sends you an email.

I have had comments posted there before, both neutral, agreeing in part, and disagreeing, but one time when I criticized the Pearls in response to a post she refused to approve it and sent me an email stating why (they were helpful to her, she liked them, and had met them in person). Her blog, her rules, but I bet a lot of comments never get posted.

Note to self: Misreads will occur when you skim a passage with the words "pleasing", "husbands" and "head" in the same sentence.

I'm really glad it wasn't just me :lol:

Where's the vomiting smiley when you need it?

Seriously? God and/or Jesus really gives a shit how you wear your hair? Or is that just a way to rationalize why one's headship is such a controlling dick?

She only lets certain ones through. Otherwise, she blocks or blocks and sends you an email.

I have had comments posted there before, both neutral, agreeing in part, and disagreeing, but one time when I criticized the Pearls in response to a post she refused to approve it and sent me an email stating why (they were helpful to her, she liked them, and had met them in person). Her blog, her rules, but I bet a lot of comments never get posted.

Not surprising that Lori met the Pearls, she is giant Pearl fangirl.

Is Lori expecting wives to be a wife, a door mat, or a carry on?

It's my hair, my clothes, my body. If a guy doesn't like that he can keep on walking. I'd rather have a guy that likes me for who I am than one who only likes me for the way he tells me to look.

Dear god, Lori has just let through a handful of posts that actually disagree with her. I am stunned. Had no idea dissent was allowed in the camp.

Lori:

Well that's totally rational. :? (Alyssa is her daughter)

Lori:

Again, total overkill.

How long have these people been married? My hair is starting to gray a bit, and whether I dye it or not is is the least of my husbands concerns.

I would be very concerned if I was married to someone who was so superficial. I can't help but wonder if there's been some infidelity here. Lori puts so much pressure on herself to keep Ken happy. It's got to get old.

Oh well, at least her readers are speaking up. Keep thinking people...keep thinking.

Ugh, that post was so depressing to me. Can you imagine having to constantly nitpick yourself and be vigilant against doing anything that your husband might possibly deem less-than-perfect? It must be utterly exhausting. :(

My husband does not like my haircut. You know what he dislikes more though? ME not liking my haircut. While I do realize that this particular haircut doesn't really do it for him, I like it for now so I'm keeping it. He is happy that I'm happy and keeps his opinion about it to himself unless I ask. I lived through no-shave November for him, so it goes both ways.

That's super strange to me about her husband caring about her hair, but only because my headship couldn't care less. I wonder if it's just another aspect that he wants to be able to control, regardless of whether or not he actually has a preference? Either way, I would never stop wearing my hair up just to please my husband. That's asking me to sacrifice a huge convenience for something very stupid, imo. If I had my preference my dude would never let his beard get to his neck, but the reality of life means sometimes there's no time, and it certainly doesn't make me less attracted to him.

My husband does not like my haircut. You know what he dislikes more though? ME not liking my haircut. While I do realize that this particular haircut doesn't really do it for him, I like it for now so I'm keeping it. He is happy that I'm happy and keeps his opinion about it to himself unless I ask. I lived through no-shave November for him, so it goes both ways.

My boyfriend told me he likes my hair long, partly because he doesn't like how his hair looks long and likes the way mine doesn't "frizz" (his word) like his does, but really he likes that I like my hair, be it long or short, down or up. He hates his hair grown out and keeps it short. I would him to grow it out more because I like the curls. I don't have any curl to my hair. It's straight as a board. But I don't ask him to grow it out because I know he hates it. He doesn't ask me to keep growing my hair and keep it down because he knows I hate having hair in my face and hate keeping up with all the hair (I have thick hair, which is nice, but can be pain too).

Ha Ha, No Shave November is my favorite. I love beards. I somehow found the one guy in Alaska who doesn't like having a full beard, lol. Dress codes really aren't as strict up here, so most months seem like no shave november.

Listen to this one:

Interesting, and I do agree wity you. My challenge is my life was very very significantly less hecktic when I was dating my husgand.

I lived a very simple organized life and had plenty of time for exercise, sleep, nails, laundry and house cleaning etc.

It takes a lot more time to clean up behind two people, make larger more interesting meals (I always ate quick and simple when single), men seem to generate much more laundry than I ever did and my husband has all these surveys, coupons that add hours to a simple shopping trip.

We don't have kids to help delegate chores to.

I just don't know how to fit everything in.

Prepare fundies, I'm about to trot out one of my evil feminist ideas:

Let him clean up after himself. Share meal preparation and clean up. You do your laundry, let him do his. (This is all assuming that she's not a sahw - the kids). I mean seriously, if they are both working, then he needs to pull his own weight.

And the bit about not having any kids to delegate chores to? :lol: Don't get me started. Honey you are going to have MORE work, not less once you have kids.

Another crazy idea here, but kids aren't like mini Merry Maids or live in servants. :roll: Lazy.

My husband prefers my hair long, but he's also said that it's my hair and I'm free to do whatever I want with it and he loves me no matter what my hair looks like.

If my husband was an ass about it like Lori's sounds like, I'd sure as hell wear my hair down all the time, especially when I cook, and be sure that all kinds of hair gets into his food. Because hey, he brought that one on himself.

:shock: Glad I'm not the only one. I was worried for a minute, until I remembered that fundies don't do that. Wouldn't want to accidentally swallow your next blessing, I guess.

Archived