IGNORED

Lori's readers disagree *gasp*

Ha Ha, No Shave November is my favorite. I love beards. I somehow found the one guy in Alaska who doesn't like having a full beard, lol. Dress codes really aren't as strict up here, so most months seem like no shave november.

I like beards just fine. He decided to do a mustache this year for some reason. I hate mustaches. His looked like Burt Reynold's mustache. It was traumatizing! I kept my mouth shut though, until he asked. I did answer truthfully and tactfully when he did ask though. "I don't really like it, but it's your face."

I showed my husband that blog, and he was amused. His exact words were "half the time I don't even know what you've done with your hair. I don't pay attention to it. Her husband must be a jerk to look for things he doesn't like about his wife."

Which is kind of what I thought too. For my husband, female's hair comes in six varieties: long, short, dark, light, curly, straight. Any other characteristic of a woman's hair he just doesn't notice. If I asked him "honey, how did I wear my hair yesterday?" He would remember that I had some, and that was it.

I have to wonder, is her husband straight up looking for things to nitpick about her? I just don't know any guys that are like "I hate it when a woman wears her hair in a bun." None of the guys I know would care or notice. They might have color or length preferences, but that's it.

And the bit about not having any kids to delegate chores to? :lol: Don't get me started. Honey you are going to have MORE work, not less once you have kids.

Oh yes. Kids save work, that's a good one.

My husband wants me to have long hair. Guess who has a pixie cut?

Mr. Minerva likes my hair short. I like it long, so too bad. It's not him who'd have to get up early and style it, it's me. We do make compromises when someone really can't stand something about someone else's appearance. I keep my leg hair short and he no longer gets a haircut that I thought looked really awful.

:shock: Glad I'm not the only one. I was worried for a minute, until I remembered that fundies don't do that. Wouldn't want to accidentally swallow your next blessing, I guess.

I dunno, I remember one fundie couple being totally fine with the blessing going where the woman's poop lives because that was where the man wanted to stick it.

The Partner is partial to the chin-length angled bob I had for years. I burned out on it, though, and it's going to be a while before I feel like trying it again. I've been wearing variations on a pixie for about a year, and although he is kind of meh about it, he is glad to have neck access, and also glad that I like it.

How miserable it must be to feel that you must constantly be pleasing your spouse with your physical appearance. I'm pretty convinced that any relationship where, after six months, I can't wander around with my hair sticking up in five different ways and discard my pants the moment we walk in the door, is fundamentally flawed.

How miserable it must be to feel that you must constantly be pleasing your spouse with your physical appearance. I'm pretty convinced that any relationship where, after six months, I can't wander around with my hair sticking up in five different ways and discard my pants the moment we walk in the door, is fundamentally flawed.

Very true. After 30 years, the husband has seen me in every possible situation, it seems, and not all of 'em pretty. I clean up nice enough, but I also have fine, tangly hair that makes me look like Medusa every single morning. Glad I don't have to worry about it, though. Living any other way must seriously suck.

Archived