IGNORED

Kelly C. is pregnant again...

Koala

Guest Anonymous
The announcement is unlike anything I've ever seen. All I can say is that I hope that some of the words she attributed to her children were actually hers. I can't imagine leading your child to believe that pretty much everyone but you thought they shouldn't be born.

http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2012/12/pro-life-vs-anti-abortion.html#comments

It's a safe bet that those aren't the children's own words. The video has a toddler named Jax (whose name means "Warrior", apparently), quoting scripture. 'It is He who has made us and not we ourselves...' I'm guessing that wasn't an off-the-cuff statement by Jax himself.

One word for that video - wankery. There is much self-love going on there... And who makes a video with your kids' pictures and captions that basically say which ones you "wanted" and which ones you didn't? I don't know much about this woman, and I think I'll keep it that way.

I think its sad that some of these kids know they werent planned or that people didnt want their parents to have them. Kids shouldnt know that.

Dont think some of the statements by the younger ones are really them though.

When I first saw the title I actually thought "wow, finally a fundie gets that youre not being pro life if youd rather have the woman and the fetus die than let her save her life by having an abortion", but no, its about people complaining at her for having too many kids.

What the heck does Generation Cedar mean? I imagine there's some biblical reference I'm blind to.

Also, Raising Olives? What's that mean?

? Okay, so other people thought Kelly should have had an abortion, while Kelly didn't think so - how does that make her anything other than pro-choice? She chose what to do with her body. :O Is she teaching her children that the other side wants to force people to have abortions now? Right, the other side is pro-death and just pretending it's about choice?

? Okay, so other people thought Kelly should have had an abortion, while Kelly didn't think so - how does that make her anything other than pro-choice? She chose what to do with her body. :O Is she teaching her children that the other side wants to force people to have abortions now? Right, the other side is pro-death and just pretending it's about choice?

It goes over anti-choicers to understand that concept. If I got pregnant tomorrow, I would most likely not abort. I'd be shocked I could even get pregnant as I've told I probably don't have much chance. But that's part of being pro-choice. I make the decision for myself. Choosing to go through with the pregnancy with the intent of producing a healthy baby at the end would be my decision for my body. But what I decide isn't for everyone and I don't get to make the choice for other people. My way isn't the right way for everyone. Kelly choose to keep her pregnancy and have Bria. And she of all people should know how difficult it is to be a young, single mother. My guess is she had a lot of help from family.

Are those all her kids? If so why would anyone think she wouldn't want her eldest? Is this another case of the first one conceived out of wedlock?

Are those all her kids? If so why would anyone think she wouldn't want her eldest? Is this another case of the first one conceived out of wedlock?

Yep. I believe she was a teen mother.

So Kelly is more pro-life than others because she gets pregnant willy nilly without trying to prevent it?

Gee, it must be real hard to be the most pro-life person who has ever been alive, ever. That must be a real burden she carries on her shoulders. Good thing she's taught her children to be so grateful for their lives, considering so many people wanted them to never exist and all!

what a tool.

This. I think people misinterpret what the pro-choice crowd is about. Sometime back Lori "Nitwit" Alexander posted one of those "Would you tell her to abort?" things. Being pro-choice doesn't mean pro-choicers go and tell people to abort their pregnancies.

This. I think people misinterpret what the pro-choice crowd is about. Sometime back Lori "Nitwit" Alexander posted one of those "Would you tell her to abort?" things. Being pro-choice doesn't mean pro-choicers go and tell people to abort their pregnancies.

well, I don't know about you, but i regularly go up to pregnant women in the supermarket who look like they might have 'too many' children and scream at them to abort immediately because i hate god and family. is that not normal?

I cant imagine how that came up in conversation with a child and why she thought it was important her kids should know that...

"Well, when Mommy became pregnant with you, it was a complete suprise as I was young and unmarried and the condom broke. Your grandparents and some of my friends thought we should probably have an abortion, but Mommy decided not to as she just couldnt go through with it. Arent you grateful I let you be born?" (I dont really know the true circumstances, so this is just an example)

I dont think kids should know whether they were accidents or how close they came to being aborted....

Yes, Kelly, everybody looks at you and wishes your kids were never born. Because pro-choice people HATE babies. Yeah, that's right.

Oh wait, it's just you saying that? Nice for your kids then.

I had an unplanned pregnancy at fifteen. I don't feel the need to wank on about how holy I am. I felt I'd let my daughter down before she was even born. Maybe I should constantly remind her how lucky she is I didn't abort or give her away, because then I'll feel really good about myself!

DD, come down heeeeeere....... :think: :think:

"I'm going to turn my pregnancy announcement into a pro-life PSA!! And I'm going to make it even MORE special by announcing which of my children weren't planned or necessarily wanted!!!"

WTF?

Yep. I believe she was a teen mother.

Ah. Another sex-obsessed "fundie" who can't keep her legs together (really, one was conceived four months after the previous one.) and who is trying to turn her irresponsibility into a virtue worth celebrating. Got it.

No thank you.

Ah. Another sex-obsessed "fundie" who can't keep her legs together (really, one was conceived four months after the previous one.) and who is trying to turn her irresponsibility into a virtue worth celebrating. Got it.

No thank you.

Whoa, wait a min. "sex obsessed fundie who can't keep her legs together"? Really? I totally agree that she's irresponsible, but the terms you used almost sound like slut shaming. Christ. The term "can't keep her legs together" literally makes my skin crawl, and there is nothing wrong with a grown woman choosing to have sex.

My second (and last) child was conceived when my first was 6 months old. What does that make me?

What the heck does Generation Cedar mean? I imagine there's some biblical reference I'm blind to.

Also, Raising Olives? What's that mean?

Cedar - probably a Psalm about the righteous families fluorishing (and in qf land fluorishing means lots of children. In prosperity gospel land, that means money)

Olives - a reference from Psalm 123 - your children will be like olive shoots around your table. (they're not only arrows in a quiver; they're olive shoots which will eventually produce the fruit)

Cedar - probably a Psalm about the righteous families fluorishing (and in qf land fluorishing means lots of children. In prosperity gospel land, that means money)

Olives - a reference from Psalm 123 - your children will be like olive shoots around your table. (they're not only arrows in a quiver; they're olive shoots which will eventually produce the fruit)

Why “Generation Cedar�

“The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree:

he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.†Psalm 92:12

Every generation is known and named for something…we’ve got the “Baby Boomer†Generation, Generation X, Y and Z.

Generation Cedar is named so because we desire to encourage families to raise the next generation for the glory of God–firmly planted and flourishing “like a cedar in Lebanonâ€.

Yeah, whatevs Kelly.

generationcedar.com/main/about

ETA: Just noticed where she's talking about Scamaritan Ministries again, in the vaguest possible language. Guess it would be nice if they could get another discount or two on their premiums before the next kid is born...

That is the most bizarre and inappropriate birth announcement I have ever seen. Since I cannot imagine this woman ever even considered abortion, it has NOTHING to do with her having children.

I would guess that NO ONE feels she should have had abortions, though with her attitude a lot of people might wish she would use birth control. Of course, since she probably equates birth control with abortion she merely shows her own ignorance.

The World Health Organization recommends that women not attempt another pregnancy for at least 24 months after the birth of a baby.

A 2011 Columbia University study found that the risk of an autism diagnosis in a second-born child rose threefold when the child was conceived within twelve months of the birth of the first baby. Second-born children conceived between twelve and twenty-three months after a first child being born had twice the risk of an autism diagnosis compared to babies conceived a full three years after an older sibling was born.

http://iserp.columbia.edu/sites/all/mod ... 2371v1.pdf

Researchers don't claim that to know why this is so, obviously, but it is an interesting study. Some women really want their babies close together, like one friend of mine who just wanted to get all of the diapers and babyhood stuff out of the way as quickly as possible with her two children, and others unintentionally get pregnant, but with women who bear many children like fundies, I think it's common sense that at some point, one's body needs a rest and time to get back to full health.

Note: This is a study, not an indictment of anyone's choices with regard to their family planning.

Well, autism doesn't exist. It's just a label ppl give to excuse their permissive, unbiblical parenting. Unless you vaccinate, of course. Either way, it's always your fault.

Archived