IGNORED

fundie dad offended by Kwanzaa, Jamie Fox, and yoga

Emme

It is what I mean. But the fact is that that is the date of the New Year for everyone. Not knowing/celebrating the roots of the tradition does not make is cease to exist. Actually, understanding the tradition makes Christianity make more sense.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Feast of the Circumcision is a thing in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Rite, and Anglican Communion churches, if that's what you mean (it's also the Solemnity of Mary in the RCC and World Day of Peace in the Anglican Communion).

January 1 has only been the start of the New Year in the Western world for a few hundred years, though.

It used to be March 25, otherwise calculated to be Jesus Conception Day!

The Feast of the Circumcision is a thing in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Rite, and Anglican Communion churches, if that's what you mean (it's also the Solemnity of Mary in the RCC and World Day of Peace in the Anglican Communion).

January 1 has only been the start of the New Year in the Western world for a few hundred years, though.

I had no idea about that :o

How exactly is that celebrated, or do I not want to know?

God was so gracious that I soon found myself witnessing to other models, photographers, photoshoot crews, and even clients while on jobs. My favorite times were sitting in a dressing room waiting for the next shot sequence and giving the gospel to other models. God often showed up powerfully for a few moments in a day, then I was on a plane going to the next place, never seeing those models again.

He must have been a pleasure to work with :roll:

I had no idea about that :o

How exactly is that celebrated, or do I not want to know?

Same as every other holiday, church, incense, and a long sermon about how we should all try to be more like the Holy Family.

Pope Gregory switched the official New Year to Feast of the Circumcision (January 1) from Feast of the Annunciation (March 25) mostly to align the Christian calendar with the Roman calendar and make it neater.

I'm a little late for the Sandra Lee hate, but this makes a pretty good antidote to her foolishness.

May I present the Vegan Black Metal Chef making a Yule log. It is awesome.

2HuU_m0hi1w

Oh my fucking god, I have found my new YouTube obsession. Thank you!

"Feast of the Circumcision"

I'm going to be laughing about that all day today. Of all the things........... And it just sounds gross LMAO!!!

"Feast of the Circumcision"

I'm going to be laughing about that all day today. Of all the things........... And it just sounds gross LMAO!!!

Try Googlizing 'Jesus foreskin'. It will have you laughing until you cry.

Is there anything fundies to like except being around each other all the time and Bible study? That must be a fascinating life. :roll:

Is there anything fundies to like except being around each other all the time and Bible study? That must be a fascinating life. :roll:

Well, women like womanly things like cleaning, cooking, making crafty things, sewing, reading Jane Austen books and missing the point of all of them, beating children and chronicling it all meticulously for the internets.

Men like manly things like trying to go on camping trips when they've overpacked by 40 pounds, beating children harder and being assholes to their wives.

We might think its strange or boring, but its God's highest calling.

Yes, Kwaanza is a made-up holiday. Just like Mother's Day, Labor Day, President's Day and a whole bunch of other holidays. God did not descend on from up high and degree that on the third Thanksgiving of November, we must eat lots of food including but not limited to turkey, did He? No, we, Americans, made that up.

It's a nice sentiment, but I have a question about it: why does it say "If you are African-American/Canadian, wish me a joyous Kwanzaa." I don't really know the origins of Kwanzaa, did it start in Canada or something? In any case, I don't think most Canadians celebrate Kwanzaa, which is what the graphic seems to imply. Maybe whoever created it was confused because Boxing Day is celebrated in Canada (but not the US) and is on 12/26, the same day as the start of Kwanzaa?

No, I think that line refers to African-Americans and African-Canadians, not African-Americans and Canadians of all ethnicity.

No, I think that line refers to African-Americans and African-Canadians, not African-Americans and Canadians of all ethnicity.

Thanks, I see that now. (Someone spelled it out for me on page 3, I think.) For some reason I just could not get that at first. :think:

Archived