IGNORED

fundie dad offended by Kwanzaa, Jamie Fox, and yoga

Emme

Hell, Sandra Lee's infamous Kwanzaa cake episode is at least 8 years old.

we2iWTJqo98

You win a prize for posting an Aunt Sandy clip. Here you go:

VDBntbxAXAY

(There's also one for the Hanukkah cake)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I learned about Kwanzaa because American Girl had a doll Kwanzaa set. I think it was on Sesame Street too. I was probably too cultured...

I think I learned about Kwanzaa because American Girl had a doll Kwanzaa set. I think it was on Sesame Street too. I was probably too cultured...

cue grumblings about the liberal media from cranky fundies!

I am far more offended by Sandra Lee than Kwanzaa. If I believed in God, Sandra would definately be an abomination to him.

My friends and I make fun of Aunt Sandy with glee. I find it absolutely mind boggling that she has a "cooking" show.

Reading this guy's rant is like watching a train wreck. You hate to see it but you have to see how it ends.

Was this guy and a former co-wroker seperated at birth? I knew a lady who was just like this and bitched that no one told her what she wanted to hear. Finally I asked her "Would you rather everyone goes up to you and says 'fuck you this holiday season' instead? There's something that can piss everybody off!" I never heard her complain about it again.

I knew a lady who was just like this and bitched that no one told her what she wanted to hear. Finally I asked her "Would you rather everyone goes up to you and says 'fuck you this holiday season' instead? There's something that can piss everybody off!" I never heard her complain about it again.

That's brilliant!

I used to advocate for saying Merry Christmas" if that's your holiday because it is a wish of good cheer. I have changed my mind.

I once read a great quote by a Jewish guy who once said something like, "Sure I appreciate the sentiment when you wish me a Merry Christmas, but it's like being wished a Happy Birthday on someone else's birthday."

I have come to relate to that in reverse. People often mistake me for Jewish since my name is Rachel, I have a Germanic last name, and I have dark Mediterranean features. People who don't bother to find out otherwise wish me Happy Hanukkah. It feels weird to me. It al ost feels fraudulent to be accepting the greeting. I might have a happy day on Hanukkah, but not because I'm celebrating Hanukkah. It feels a bit insensitive that people don't want to bother finding out who I am.

That makes me realize just how hard it is for non-Christians to deal with being told Merry Christmas. Why should they feel obliged to accept a greeting for a holiday they don't celebrate?

I'm in the opposite position - I'm Jewish, but you would never guess it from my name. If I don't say something like "your trial will have to start after Rosh Hashanah" to my clients, they won't necessarily know that I'm Jewish. That's fine with me. I accept "Merry Christmas" with a smile, and reply "same to you!".

Quite frankly, if you wish someone Happy Hannukkah on Dec. 20, it's also a nice sentiment on the wrong date, since the holiday is next week. I'm fully aware that the Festive Season really isn't about Hannukkah, which is a minor Jewish festival that sometimes comes around Christmas and sometimes comes weeks before. To get a Jewish perspective, imagine being the token non-Jew where the theme for Sept-Oct. is High Holidays, and having folks wish you Happy Columbus Day (while completely ignoring Christmas) so that you don't feel left out.

That's brilliant!

I'm always tempted to say my favorite line from Christmas Vacation:

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass."

I'm always tempted to say my favorite line from Christmas Vacation:

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass."

lol me and my Mother love that part, and always say it to eachother now.. Merry Christmas, Kiss my ass, kiss his ass, kiss your ass, happy hannukkah! :lol: lol!!!

I'm a little late for the Sandra Lee hate, but this makes a pretty good antidote to her foolishness.

May I present the Vegan Black Metal Chef making a Yule log. It is awesome.

2HuU_m0hi1w

Have you read this guy's "about me"? Apparently he was a successful model in the 80's and worked all over the world. And he's just recently heard about Kwanzaa?

nogreaterjoydad.com/p/about-author.html

Have you read this guy's "about me"? Apparently he was a successful model in the 80's and worked all over the world. And he's just recently heard about Kwanzaa?

nogreaterjoydad.com/p/about-author.html

My gaydar started pinging when I read about him and saw his photos.

My gaydar started pinging when I read about him and saw his photos.

When I read this mine overloaded.

The one thing I did not get on top of, however, was my inability to have a relationship with a woman, something I had never learned in my life. I dealt with the hurt and lack of intimacy through many relations with other women. When I would find a woman with whom I wanted a relationship, I didn't know what to do.

I was expecting a paragraph about him being cured of 'the gay'

You win a prize for posting an Aunt Sandy clip. Here you go:

VDBntbxAXAY

(There's also one for the Hanukkah cake)

I don't have time to watch it tonight, so I opened it in a new tab so I could save it for the morning. It already looks hilarious! :-)

I worked in the fine jewelry dept at Macys for a holiday season, and got chewed out by a customer for saying "happy Holidays", instead of Merry Christmas. Normally, I say Happy Hoilidays anyway but in this case it was Macy's policy for associates to say this as well, we weren't supposed to say "Merry Christmas".

Rly... who chews out a sales associate for not being polite in the correct way to please YOU?

I don't have time to watch it tonight, so I opened it in a new tab so I could save it for the morning. It already looks hilarious! :-)

CORN NUTS!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankly, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would be quicker and simpler to make a list of things that fundies are not offended by. It would look a bit like this:

THE END.

"Don't say 'Happy Holidays,' say 'Merry Christmas'!"

"Merry Christmas, then, but I hope you have a really terrible New Year."

Do Christians generally know what the big deal is about celebrating the New Year on the eighth day after the supposed birth of Jesus?

The Feast of the Circumcision is a thing in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Rite, and Anglican Communion churches, if that's what you mean (it's also the Solemnity of Mary in the RCC and World Day of Peace in the Anglican Communion).

January 1 has only been the start of the New Year in the Western world for a few hundred years, though.

Archived