IGNORED

Abigail is an Emotional Orphan

GeoBQn

I truly worry for her mental stability.

I think it's really telling that she say's "there is ONE person on this earth..." because for Abigail that is really what it is all about, her. She focuses only on herself. She could give a rat's ass about anyone else, including her children. They are like little props in her twisted little play where she is to be the Center of the Earth. Major Issues, I'm afraid that the mental stability ship sank years ago.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find interesting is that not only can't she say anything specific about why her mother was a bad mother (other than putting her in daycare), but she also can't say anything specific about why daycare was bad for her.

I hated daycare. When I was 3 years old I was put into a daycare at the local adult learning center for a few hours while my mom studied for her GED. Every day there was some asshole red-headed boy who threw blocks at me while I was trying to play (back then I would swear he was, like, 12 but I think he was probably really closer to 7 or 8 years old) The caretaker never paid attention to it, even though we were usually the only two children there. I used to sneak out of the room, run down to the hallway where my mother was in class, and crawl under her desk to sit quietly. I have similar stories of bullying in other daycare-type situations.

I did have specific things happen to me that gave me an overall negative impression of daycare. However, I realize that each child is different and even though I didn't like daycare, that doesn't make it evil or soul-crushing.

I have two childcare experiences: one was with a nanny that my grandparents hired so my mother would not put me in the evil daycare. She was a bitch, she had this husband who was around a lot who was an asshole. It did not work out. Then there was daycare. I don't really remember anything but nap, and I remember that it was hard to sleep because I was so interested in all the things and people around me. I felt strongly that it was a waste of my time to lay on the cot when there were many better things to do. So I must have enjoyed daycare quite a bit because I have always been the type of person who likes a nap.

My experience with daycare as a parent is that you do your research and make sure you have the right one. And then your kids love it, talk about it constantly, cannot wait to go back. There are sometimes tears and clinginess when I drop them off but then at the end of the day they do not want to leave. My daughter was in preschool last year and she painted, played, sang songs, made friends, learned Spanish. Abigail's kids would be very enriched by getting away from a whiny narcissist mother who cannot see beyond her own self-pity.

Check out her blog - she's taken down all the 'Thoughts' posts about daycare. Guess she can't stand the heat (but refuses to get out of the fire).

Check out her blog - she's taken down all the 'Thoughts' posts about daycare. Guess she can't stand the heat (but refuses to get out of the fire).

And has replaced it all with an entry about how the only person she needs to please with her cooking is her husband. Not the kids. Not her. Just him. :doh:

And has replaced it all with an entry about how the only person she needs to please with her cooking is her husband. Not the kids. Not her. Just him. :doh:

Nice guy huh? I would love to do a "wife swap" with one of these ladies. He would be singing a completely different tune after a week with me. :whistle:

Nice guy huh? I would love to do a "wife swap" with one of these ladies. He would be singing a completely different tune after a week with me. :whistle:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would be so much fun!! I absolutely hate to cook; my response to "you need to cook to please me" would be "can you read? Yes? Alrighty then! *throws cookbook* Have fun! I'm taking these poor kids out and enrolling them in (GASP) public school and daycare!" Bwahahahahahahaa!

(Meanwhile, back at my house, my husband, who loves to cook and went to an all boys Catholic school for four years, would be run Abigail right into the ground if she tried to out-Bible quote him. That would be quiet hilarious indeed. My husband is now agnostic. He'd probably end up telling Ms. Oh Woe is Me to take a chill pill, a long break and have a glass of wine.)

So day care is bad for kids, but your ultimate goal is not to please your kids. That sounds like airtight logic.

I have no idea where you got that idea from ??? I have two kids, whom I love very much (and no, my ultimate goal is not to please my kids, but to do my best to raise them to be self-sufficient adults with excellent critical thinking skills and an education. I hope that pleases them, but if not, at least I can sleep at night knowing that I'm doing my very best to feed, clothe, educate and nurture them.) Yes, I hate cooking. With a passion. If I lived alone or it was just my husband and myself I would never, ever cook. Since that is not the case I cook every Monday through Friday when my husband is working late because my kids deserve healthy food, regardless of how I feel about preparing the food. As for daycare, I think it's awesome! I don't currently have my kids in daycare because I'm not working right now, but as soon as I find a job they will both be placed in the daycare that I have researched and feel that is best for them. What I said above was re: imaginary wife swap with Abigail.

ETA: :oops: I just realized that I might be totally touchy today because someone IRL really pushed my buttons earlier, and GeoBQn; you're probably addressing Abigail? I feel like an ass. :?

Yes, I was addressing Abigail. I should have made that clearer, considering she doesn't post here. Now that would be a fun Fundie Friday . . .

Yes, I was addressing Abigail. I should have made that clearer, considering she doesn't post here. Now that would be a fun Fundie Friday . . .

That would be epic! Of course she would be all over her blog the next day crying about how she was the MOST persecuted person ever on the evil FJ. :lol: :lol:

I rolled my eyes so hard when she posted that 'Why are you reading this blog?' entry. I wanted to ask her, 'Why are you WRITING this blog?' Nobody's forcing you to bear your innermost soul on the internet. By running a public blog, you're inviting comments and criticism from anyone who happens to stumble across it. Abigail blogs almost every day, often multiple times a day. If she's such an incredible mother and she wants to please her husband so much, maybe she should stop her incessant blogging, quit trying to teach everyone else how to live properly, and actually focus on the family which is supposedly everything to her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would be so much fun!! I absolutely hate to cook; my response to "you need to cook to please me" would be "can you read? Yes? Alrighty then! *throws cookbook* Have fun! I'm taking these poor kids out and enrolling them in (GASP) public school and daycare!" Bwahahahahahahaa!

(Meanwhile, back at my house, my husband, who loves to cook and went to an all boys Catholic school for four years, would be run Abigail right into the ground if she tried to out-Bible quote him. That would be quiet hilarious indeed. My husband is now agnostic. He'd probably end up telling Ms. Oh Woe is Me to take a chill pill, a long break and have a glass of wine.)

LOL to the bolded. Your husband sounds very much like Mr Palimpsest. Another agnostic Catholic in recovery from a very devout family. He was the kid that was not so subtly earmarked for the priesthood by his family. 3 aunts were nuns, 1 uncle a priest, and his sister is also a nun. He can out-Bible quote with the best.

I hadn't read Abigail before but was wondering yesterday about the role of Third Order Discalced Carmelites in Abigail's case. Both she and Jon are Carmelites, although she is a convert to Catholicism. I've concluded that she is an enormously special snowflake who is actually bone idle. Working with the *poor* was too hard. Making breakfast is onerous and she would rather be snuggling back in bed. She has glommed onto the contemplative Carmelite role as perfect for her; she can sit on her rear-end eating bon bons and browsing french literature, while earnestly pretending to contemplate her navel meditate on Jesus.

Jon is enabling her idleness by doing more than his fair share of the house work, diapering more than his share of babies (she actually admitted to leaving stinky diapers until Jon was around to change them until he developed an allergic reaction to baby wipes), and working full time to support her lazy butt. He is probably offering up his exhaustion, overwork, and allergic suffering to the Lord!

In an odd sort of way Abigail reminds me of Emily of Emily and Dna. They both hate their mothers, have too many children that they don't seem particularly interested in, and an overly high opinion of their own intellect. At least Abigail was shamed into taking down her "Face of an Emotionally Abused Child" idiocy.

Abigail:

I told him that we have to start ordering things that he likes--because a) we have kids that probably like mushrooms too since they have his DNA and b) even if I don't normally like mushrooms by year 11, I'm looking for variety in my life too.

Who can argue with logic like that? :shock:

Abigail:

Isn't she an attorney? She's as bad as the friend's husband who asked me what I was going to do when my sons started speaking Spanish? Huh :? Well, their genes are Colombian, won't they speak Spanish? Umm no, not if we speak English and they are only exposed to English. He was serious, he thought they'd speakSpanish.

Isn't she an attorney? She's as bad as the friend's husband who asked me what I was going to do when my sons started speaking Spanish? Huh :? Well, their genes are Colombian, won't they speak Spanish? Umm no, not if we speak English and they are only exposed to English. He was serious, he thought they'd speakSpanish.

Have a friend who is darker and it's assumed he must speak Spanish because he likes Puerto Rican. He doesn't. His mother does, his grandparents do, but he doesn't.

As for food. Everyone in my family loves meatloaf. I don't care for it. My grandparents love raspberries, but my mother despises them. DNA doesn't determine food choices. The naivety of Abigail shocks me.

Abigail:

I don't get her logic in that, what if one of her kids was allergic to mushrooms, would she still have them in her house? Their are things that my parents like that I HATE, I can't even handle the smell sometimes.

Archived