IGNORED

Shocking news! - Miss Raquel Got a Job

formergothardite

MISS RAQUEL GOT A JOB!!!!! I know, I know. It is hard to believe. A real one, outside the home as a waitress. Now, she literally just started and I'm not sure how she is going to do when people don't think she is wonderful or scream at her for messing stuff up, but I am just shocked that she really got a job.

I give her less than six months before God leads her to quit.

And, of course she has to post tons of pictures of herself with this post because we just all want to squee over her adorable little faces. :roll:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read between the lines she isn't really that fundie, she just likes to act that way on her blog to get readers. I'm betting mommy and daddy got tired of her sitting there doing nothing and told her to go get a job.

I do not see her doing well waiting on people. She is used to the whole world waiting on her. She fell apart when a friend dared to talk about their own problems instead of spending all night listening to hers. Reality is going to hit her hard and it is going to do her a world of good to have to deal with people who don't think she is perfect.

For some reason I always read it as god-slaughter.blogspot.com.

Anyway, good luck to her. Maybe now she can afford to feed her horse. (She is the one I'm thinking of, right? Does she still have a horse? I don't really keep up with her, TBH.)

For some reason I always read it as god-slaughter.blogspot.com.

Would that be "God Slaughter" or "God's Laughter"? Either one is pretty hilarious.

Miss Raquel is in for quite a shock. I (& probably many of you FJers) have waited tables, and while the money can be pretty good, sometimes you have to work way too hard for the amount of money you end up taking home that day. I wonder what her reaction will be when she gets a religious tract instead of a tip? All joking aside, I hope she sticks it out

Miss Raquel is going to experience life. Finally. Waiting tables and working in the food industry is thankless, hard work.

She thinks waiting tables will be an "easy, fun job"???????????? Has she ever been in a restaurant before?

Hmmm, something else that she said that I found interesting....

Next, the LORD let me talk to a friend (who I met through Instgram) on the phone for the first time!! It was wonderful hearing their voice and being able to share about our day.

Bolding mine..."their" not her.....me thinks that Miss Raquel met a boy online!

Good catch! Probably was a boy, because if it was a girl she would have used "her". Despite all of her posts about how she isn't focused on getting married anymore, I am pretty sure she still is. I see her getting married very young.

She thinks it will be an easy job? :lol: I never worked as a waitress, but I worked as a dishwasher at a local chain restaurant. It's a good thing that freezers are pretty much sound-proof, because the one waiter I was friends with and I often ran in there for primal scream moments.

It isn't easy, which is why I give her less than six months till "God" leads her back home. She is just so used to always getting her way and having everyone at least pretend to like her, that I think she expects that no customer is going to be mean or difficult because they will just love her too. She will just receive lots of "Squees!" and "Aren't you just beautiful!" comments. Don't see her taking constructive criticism well either.

Yeah um being a waitress is not easy or fun. It's hard and thankless. However, I'm very happy that she got a job and will at least experience some part of reality.

Yeah um being a waitress is not easy or fun. It's hard and thankless. However, I'm very happy that she got a job and will at least experience some part of reality.

I give her 30 days max.

This is only the 5th week this cafe has been opened so business is still very slow and my pay is mostly just tips at the moment. But we pray that it'll be picking up soon and I'll be able to get weekly pay checks.

As a lay union official, this made me cry tears of blood.

What the living fuck, Miss R? When do you think they'll pay you a full living wage? A small clue - begins with n and ends with ever.

Relying on tips is not. a. good. plan. I hope you have union representation but I'd be fucking amazed if you do.

Tips I have for you - do not continue in this job without a firm guarantee of what you will be paid and when. In writing. Another tip - speak to these guys http://www.iww.org/en/membership

If you would like to know more about union membership, Miss R, *please* post in this thread. Please. I can get you some contacts. I hate to see an unrepresented worker being taken advantage of.

Experiencedd and Meda can help you better than I can as well.

As a lay union official, this made me cry tears of blood.

What the living fuck, Miss R? When do you think they'll pay you a full living wage? A small clue - begins with n and ends with ever.

Relying on tips is not. a. good. plan. I hope you have union representation but I'd be fucking amazed if you do.

Tips I have for you - do not continue in this job without a firm guarantee of what you will be paid and when. In writing. Another tip - speak to these guys http://www.iww.org/en/membership

If you would like to know more about union membership, Miss R, *please* post in this thread. Please. I can get you some contacts. I hate to see an unrepresented worker being taken advantage of.

Experiencedd and Meda can help you better than I can as well.

Here in the PNW servers are not represented.

I currently work as a server at bar/grill on campus so I deal with plenty of drunk college guys and men, but since Raquel's job doesn't serve alcohol she won't have to deal with it, but will still deal with unpleasant customers at times. I actually love my job so far and we are new and getting into the swing of things, but I actually look forward to going to work. Then again I've worked some really crappy jobs with less than kind managers and customers (retail, nursing home, etc.) so since I've been put through the ringer I'm used to it.

Archived