IGNORED

Shocking news! - Miss Raquel Got a Job

formergothardite

Guest Anonymous

I was wondering how far she expects to get with a major in Bio and not believing what is a major component of the subject. She might as well change majors now before wasting more money and effort.

To me, she sounds quite cowardly. She writes about 'the truth' in her notes, and she 'almost started laughing aloud' in class, but she never actually says anything, or does anything, that anyone else will notice. These are secret things that she can feel smug about, while she dutifully gives the right answers in her exams. Then she can be the woman with the BS in biology who totally believes in creationism. :roll:

(I use way too many of these eye-roll faces)

Edited to fix a quote.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a research biologist at a university. I had to move from NC to SC for a job and I'm right near bob jones uni. I was shocked to hear not only do they offer BS in bio, they offer a BSN as well. I still can't figure out how they do such while not teaching a fundamental aspect to the subject. :think: Some professors at my university speculate that the fundamentalists are trying to push their beliefs by becoming teachers in subjects like bio.

I'm a research biologist at a university. I had to move from NC to SC for a job and I'm right near bob jones uni. I was shocked to hear not only do they offer BS in bio, they offer a BSN as well. I still can't figure out how they do such while not teaching a fundamental aspect to the subject. :think: Some professors at my university speculate that the fundamentalists are trying to push their beliefs by becoming teachers in subjects like bio.

Due to my job, I had an intern from Bob Jones who was a nursing student, she was a piece of work. Every time I would talk to a patient regarding birth control, she would chime in about natural birth control instead of medical opitions. I finally told her that is she wanted to be a Nurse MidWife that she had to respect everyone beliefs not her's. It was an eye opener for her, she told me that everyone needed to live by the Bible and the world would be a better place. Explained to her that wars are fought over it and it continues she has like a deer in headlights after the discussion. Don't they teach History of Relgious at these places? I gave her a bad evaluation, they never sent me another student.

Working as a waitress is the toughest job I've ever had, and this is coming from someone who has also taught middle school. :lol: Miss Raquel is in for a rude awakening!

Working as a waitress is the toughest job I've ever had, and this is coming from someone who has also taught middle school. :lol: Miss Raquel is in for a rude awakening!

Worse than middle school? Not possible. :lol:

Worse than middle school? Not possible. :lol:

Oh yes, it was worse! At least middle schoolers are still cute kids. Even when they mess up, which is frequently, there's still something rather endearing about them. For me, anyway. Many of the customers I had at the restaurant were just downright rude and treated service staff as sub-human. It really made me more aware of how I behave as a customer. I think everyone should have the experience of waiting tables or working retail for a little while. I lasted one summer. :lol: Those who are able to excel in that line of work, my hat is off to you!

To me, she sounds quite cowardly. She writes about 'the truth' in her notes, and she 'almost started laughing aloud' in class, but she never actually says anything, or does anything, that anyone else will notice. These are secret things that she can feel smug about, while she dutifully gives the right answers in her exams. Then she can be the woman with the BS in biology who totally believes in creationism. :roll:

(I use way too many of these eye-roll faces)

Edited to fix a quote.

I went to high school with a girl who laughed her way through the evolution unit in biology. She failed it. It turns out that in order to believe without a doubt that evolution is bogus, you have to continue to have a shoddy understanding of evolution. She clung to her shoddy understanding, and AFAIK she never even probed the theory to see if it's as silly as her parents told her it was. She just laughed whenever the teacher said something that didn't make sense to her (and none of it made sense to her because she put up the OMG THAT'S RIDICULOUS walls from the second the teacher announced the unit). The teacher grew concerned because he could tell she was learning very little from that unit, and started repeating to her that she didn't have to believe anything he taught, but she would need to learn the subject matter to pass the test. She insisted that she understood the theory but that it was ridiculous. Then she failed that shit. At least she had the sense not to major in biology.

Archived