IGNORED

Damn That 19th Amendment

debrand

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/ ... bad_i.html

All these articles were written in 2012. Considering that more women voted for Obama then Romney, I'm surprised that more Republicans aren't calling for an end to the 19th amendment.

A

tea party leader in Mississippi rues the day that women won the right to vote. Women, she argues, are just too emotionally unstable and untrustworthy for the franchise. Yes, you read that right: The person making the case against women's suffrage is Central Mississippi Tea Party President Janis Lane, herself a beneficiary of the 19th Amendment.

http://news.yahoo.com/women-shouldnt-vo ... 00269.html

Fox News guest and Sean Hannity bud Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson has figured out the root of our problems, he claimed in a "sermon" delivered to the congregation of YouTube. He knows where we went wrong.

Giving women the right to vote.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/168771/li ... ion-women#

It did not generate the outrage that his offensive statements often do, probably just because it happened the day before July 4, but last Tuesday Rush Limbaugh made an inadvertently revealing statement. “When women got the right to vote is when it all went downhill because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and maternal instincts that government ought to reflect,†said Limbaugh.

ignore please. I was trying to edit the title to say 19 and not !9

I dunno, I kinda like it - I thought it was a joke about how the very name of the amendment is profane to them they hate it so much! :lol:

I second the current title. It totally looks like someone cursing their way through the title. And that's nice.

One 'preacher' I had the misfortune of hearing once said that it was the wife's duty to vote solely as directed by her husband. I worry about that sort of thing going on with the early ballots. My husband handed me the (unopened) envelope containing my mail-in ballot and then asked (politely) to see it. His intention was to preview wish issues had made it on the ballot, but I had a mini melt down and informed him that it was MINE !! MINE !! MINE !! And he was not to touch it, move it, or look at it. Of course he had no intention of directing my vote, but I'm uber sensitive to the idea.

Sometimes it really scares me that women are saying this stuff.

"There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women," she says. "They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men."

My first thought was "You don't have to look far, just in the mirror."

I voted and I will fight for my right to vote.

I have four daughters and I never thought I'd be concerned about them having less rights than I have enjoyed, not hear in America, but now after this election, and the ugly it's exposed and all of the crazies it brought out of the woodwork I'm starting to consider taking my Norwegian friend up on the idea of an extended visit to Oslo.

My husband handed me the (unopened) envelope containing my mail-in ballot and then asked (politely) to see it. His intention was to preview wish issues had made it on the ballot, but I had a mini melt down and informed him that it was MINE !! MINE !! MINE !! And he was not to touch it, move it, or look at it. Of course he had no intention of directing my vote, but I'm uber sensitive to the idea.

I'm uber-sensitive to that, too, and I get pretty pissed when someone asks me how I voted. It's one of the few things that will make me give someone - stranger or friend - a tongue lashing.

When I was growing up my parents always refused to tell me who they voted for. I'd ask and ask and ask and ask again, but the response was always the same: "I don't have to tell you that." They explained to me multiple times that votes were private so that no one could feel bullied into voting a certain way, but honestly it was their consistent refusal to tell me, and the fact that they phrased it as a *right*, that really drove the point home. (It also drove little-Sobriquet crazy. :) ) Nowadays the notion of votes being private is so ingrained in me that I would no more ask someone how they voted than ask how their therapy session was - hence the tongue lashing.

If my husband tried to tell me who to vote for, he'd find himself sleeping on the lawn. I don't put up with that crap. I'm an intelligent adult and perfectly capable of making my own decisions. I did absolutely fine on my own for the 35 years I lived on this planet before I met him. I don't need his help now. I married him for love and companionship, not because I needed a master. I would never tell him how to vote. I expect the same respect in return.

I find it hilarious that women are being accused of being 'too emotional' when it's fundies (men and women alike) who allow their feelings to direct their vote. They're certainly not being guided by logic. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Come on, now. We all know men are always in control of their emotions.

It's those damn women who are forever getting involved in road rage incidents and bar room brawls. And the last time I was at a Yankees/Red Sox game, you should have seen the fights some of those girls were getting into in the stands. I mean, one blown call by the umpire and all hell breaks with those with these ladies. Scary! And then there's all the domestic violence and sexual abuse against men and children almost always perpetrated by wives, mothers and stepmothers. Shameful.

Yes, thankfully men have an abundant amount of that mood stabilizing hormone testosterone. The world would be in a fine mess without it.

ignore please. I was trying to edit the title to say 19 and not !9

Sorted it for you :D

Um, I vote opposite to "emotions and maternal instincts". I vote according to Party discipline (when I can) and according to principles when I can't. I'm never thinking "OMG I'M OVULATING! AND ONE DAY I COULD HAVE BAYBEES! BETTER LET MY VAG AND CONTRACTING UTERUS DECIDE THIS ONE, NOT MY SILLY NONEXISTENT WOMAN'S BRAIN!"

It's those damn women who are forever getting involved in road rage incidents and bar room brawls. And the last time I was at a Yankees/Red Sox game, you should have seen the fights some of those girls were getting into in the stands. I mean, one blown call by the umpire and all hell breaks with those with these ladies. Scary! And then there's all the domestic violence and sexual abuse against men and children almost always perpetrated by wives, mothers and stepmothers. Shameful.

Yes, thankfully men have an abundant amount of that mood stabilizing hormone testosterone. The world would be in a fine mess without it.

:lol:

That was brillant, Jennifer.

Men are not any less emotional or controlled by their emotions than women. However, when men act overly emotional it gets defined as aggression or some other manly word that is somehow considered not emotional. If a woman throws a tantrum, she is hysterical. If a man throws a tantrum he is just being stressed or showing reasonable anger.

I generally tell my husband how to vote. I mean, I'm the one who keeps up with politics more than he does. He knows what he likes and what he doesn't, and he asks me which candidate is in line with his thinking. And luckily for our marriage, our thinking is on the same lines. We filled out our absentee ballots together.

:lol:

debrand wrote:

That was brillant, Jennifer.

Men are not any less emotional or controlled by their emotions than women. However, when men act overly emotional it gets defined as aggression or some other manly word that is somehow considered not emotional. If a woman throws a tantrum, she is hysterical. If a man throws a tantrum he is just being stressed or showing reasonable anger.

+1 x an order of magnitude to all three of you. Odd that yesterday I remembered a case where a man was beating his wife. They went to an MD/counselor. The MD prescribed anti-depressants for the wife, told the man to play racquetball every morning to work out his energy. That happened years ago, it's stomach-turning that the attitude still exists, and now among women.

According to this article, which references the Christian Men's Defense Network. It's not the fact that women can vote that's the problem, it's the fact that slutty women can vote. :roll:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv- ... 97010.html

Women want to delay marriage as long as possible so they can 'have it all,' and usually 'have it all' means 'have as much hot alpha sex as possible without any consequences.'"

I wish that fundies would make up their minds. Am I sex obsessed horn dog that votes with my evil vagina or am someone who can't possibly understand that the MENZ need protection from desires that I don't share.

To all you women who don't think women should vote I say, just dandy. Don't vote. Because given your beliefs, that will probably mean one less vote against my candidate. So please, stay at home.

Karl Rove demonstrated this point beautifully on Faux News on Election night. His emotional control was an example to us all. His cool and calm acceptance of the facts (men are fact driven ya know) is something I hope all of us emotional wominz can emulate.

Archived