IGNORED

Damn That 19th Amendment

debrand

I hate these types of women. If they believe that women should have no rights politically, then they should shut up, stop working, live at home and be housekeepers/spinsters. Hypocritical piece of shit that she is! :evil:

In this house, I'm the one who influences how my dear husband votes. I'm the one that reads multiple newspapers daily, I'm the one who stays on top of politics. ( At least waaaay more than he does.) I'm pretty sure I've made him a "cheat sheet " to use , lol. I know he tried to call me one year while he was voting and was told he couldn't. Good thing we think alike on just about everything.

In this house, I'm the one who influences how my dear husband votes. I'm the one that reads multiple newspapers daily, I'm the one who stays on top of politics. ( At least waaaay more than he does.) I'm pretty sure I've made him a "cheat sheet " to use , lol. I know he tried to call me one year while he was voting and was told he couldn't. Good thing we think alike on just about everything.

This is us too. H stays on top of national politics as much as I do (we both love discussing politics), but I am the one that researches props (CA) and local candidates for state assemble/senate and city positions.

Guest Anonymous
If my husband tried to tell me who to vote for, he'd find himself sleeping on the lawn. I don't put up with that crap. I'm an intelligent adult and perfectly capable of making my own decisions. I did absolutely fine on my own for the 35 years I lived on this planet before I met him. I don't need his help now. I married him for love and companionship, not because I needed a master. I would never tell him how to vote. I expect the same respect in return.

The way my husband and I do it is disclose which way we favor on each measure or candidate, and then debate on the ones we disagree on. We don't get mean or mad about it, but we'll challenge each other. If you can't defend your vote, you need to reconsider the options again. There's only been once were we didn't end up agreeing, and so each voted our own ways without getting mad at each other. We don't make each other vote in any way. We both end up very sure of our reasons for voting how we do. But doing this takes a lot of respect and not getting mad at each other.

We do that too, LisaM. I just happen to know more about local stuff, so H tends to listen to what I summarize then base his opinions on that. We do not always vote the same way...probably about 80% we agree. There was a prop on the CA ballot this time around to end the death penalty. I am anti-death penalty, and he is pro death-penalty. So we had some fun little debates on that ;)

According to this article, which references the Christian Men's Defense Network. It's not the fact that women can vote that's the problem, it's the fact that slutty women can vote. :roll:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv- ... 97010.html

Apparently Faux Noise is blaming us single women because we voted for Obama in droves.

Since Obama won basically everyone but nonurban white men and their wives, there are a lot of different groups to hate on, but a clear front-runner in the Blame Game has emerged: single women, who gave 68 percent of their vote to Obama, compared to 53 percent of married women who voted for Romney.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... women.html

I was also told that the Cuban-American community broke for Obama 49 to 47 percent. He received 35 percent of the Cuban-American vote in 2008. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 05272.html)

My response: "That was unexpected." I think even the Cubanos got spooked by all the anti-immigrant rhetoric seeping out of the GOP, even though Cuban expatriates are considered

"good" immigrants because they're against Castro.

But still, as a single adult female who voted for Obama, I can tell you that I did because I don't think Obama's going to be up in my ladyparts quite to the same extent as Romney would have. This does not mean I'm super-happy with the President, because I'm not. Example: Our undeclared drone wars in Pakistan and Yemen are going to come back and bite us hard in the butt.

Damn my uterus! Thank goodness men don't have an organ that prevent them from making rational decisions!

....oh wait.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, guess what you misogynistic asshole? Unlike you I didn't vote with my gonads. I vote with my brain which is more than I can say for you sorry pieces of shit. Now be go lick your wounds like the dirty dogs you are.

Well, guess what you misogynistic asshole? Unlike you I didn't vote with my gonads. I vote with my brain which is more than I can say for you sorry pieces of shit. Now be go lick your wounds like the dirty dogs you are.

Same here. Also, the anti-immigrant stance caused minorities to vote for Obama, even if those people were here because they didn't want to live under Castro, or whose families have lived in the US since some areas were still Mexico.

Going back a bit further, here's an interesting graphic:

6a00d83451c45669e2017d3d734e7b970c-550wi

And so to the white dudes in Oregon, Washington State, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Maine - :greetings-clapyellow:

I actually want to cry. Damn it!

In any other country the fact that Republican representatives questionned rape would have gotten them kicked out of the party! it is a shame that the republican party tolerates those individuals to represent them, and it is a shame voters think it's not big deal (even if they were not elected).

The way my husband and I do it is disclose which way we favor on each measure or candidate, and then debate on the ones we disagree on. We don't get mean or mad about it, but we'll challenge each other. If you can't defend your vote, you need to reconsider the options again. There's only been once were we didn't end up agreeing, and so each voted our own ways without getting mad at each other. We don't make each other vote in any way. We both end up very sure of our reasons for voting how we do. But doing this takes a lot of respect and not getting mad at each other.

Yup. I'm more plugged into local politics and am usually the first of us to go through the Secretary of State's guide to ballot propositions, but once I've written up my choices and The Partner has figured out his, we talk about the stuff we disagree on. Not so that we come to a unified decision-- more because it's kind of fun to discuss multiple sides of an issue non-heatedly with someone who's arguing in good faith. We agree on the broad principles, we just sometimes disagree on the best way to get there. (I lived in a swing state for a while. In the non-swing state where I now live, I'm much less inclined to vote pragmatically.)

Apparently Faux Noise is blaming us single women because we voted for Obama in droves.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... women.html

I was also told that the Cuban-American community broke for Obama 49 to 47 percent. He received 35 percent of the Cuban-American vote in 2008. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 05272.html)

My response: "That was unexpected." I think even the Cubanos got spooked by all the anti-immigrant rhetoric seeping out of the GOP, even though Cuban expatriates are considered

"good" immigrants because they're against Castro.

But still, as a single adult female who voted for Obama, I can tell you that I did because I don't think Obama's going to be up in my ladyparts quite to the same extent as Romney would have. This does not mean I'm super-happy with the President, because I'm not. Example: Our undeclared drone wars in Pakistan and Yemen are going to come back and bite us hard in the butt.

I've been with the same partner since 2004. We've known each other since 1987. If we do get married at some point, I will not cease to be bisexual, feminist, and devoted to public education. I will not cease to believe that people are entitled to food. As the daughter of two preachers, I've seen a lot of people get married. Generally, being in possession of a marriage license does not fundamentally change who you are. (Unless you're moving from living as a fully autonomous adult into a full submission headship thingy. But people to whom that sort of life appeals tend not to have politics like mine.)

And although I voted for Jill Stein (because I live in a very safe state, and I think a substantial change in energy policy is needed, stat), I'm pleased enough to see Pres. Obama re-elected. I'm not so worried about my access to reproductive health care-- I'm a legal adult, I have a job with good health insurance, I live in an urban area in a deep blue county in a blue state, and I have a partner who trusts me to make my own decisions about what's right for my body. I'm worried about people who don't have those advantages. They're the ones for whom anti-choice legislation hurts most.

Archived