IGNORED

Kristina Keepsake is pregnant with #4

simplysweet

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether one believes in the words of the bible is irrelevant as to what is written.

I'm not sure which one of us that is directed towards but I don't disagree.

Does it really matter whether Kristina can or cannot find justification in the Bible to back up being a brood mare? She thinks this is the way God is leading her. No issue there, we all get to interpret our own relationship with the divine (or if we even believe in the divine).

The issue is that she keeps having children that she and her husband are currently unable to support on their own, and each successive pregnancy leaves her body more and more depleted. She has no plan, much less a backup plan, for how she will be able to raise and nuture all the children she has the biological potential to birth. That is the question that she needs to answer. "The Lord will provide" is not an answer.

Does it really matter whether Kristina can or cannot find justification in the Bible to back up being a brood mare? She thinks this is the way God is leading her. No issue there, we all get to interpret our own relationship with the divine (or if we even believe in the divine).

The issue is that she keeps having children that she and her husband are currently unable to support on their own, and each successive pregnancy leaves her body more and more depleted. She has no plan, much less a backup plan, for how she will be able to raise and nuture all the children she has the biological potential to birth. That is the question that she needs to answer. "The Lord will provide" is not an answer.

No it doesn't matter at all and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. What you're saying here was my whole point. If life is so sacred, and children are a blessing, live like you mean it Kristina!

I heard something this week that applies to so many of our fundie friends.... because they are continuously cast in the role of martyr. So, Kristina if you're reading here: Get off the cross. We need the wood.

Get a job, stop popping your kids on the bottom when they misbehave, and grow a backbone.

Peace and blessings,

Heathen Catholic Diva

"The Lord will provide" is not an answer.

The Lord is providing...in the forms of government programs they claim to hate so much, because Josh can't provide for the family they keep growing on $11/hour. Maybe they should shut the hell up about what "the Lord" has provided.

The Lord is providing...in the forms of government programs they claim to hate so much, because Josh can't provide for the family they keep growing on $11/hour. Maybe they should shut the hell up about what "the Lord" has provided.

You make a valid point there. The Lord is providing. It just seems such a shame "His" provision comes through the vehicle of the heathen taxpayers.

You make a valid point there. The Lord is providing. It just seems such a shame "His" provision comes through the vehicle of the heathen taxpayers.

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Bleed the beast. It is was the FLDS do/did. Some other fundies practice it to. It's considered a good thing because you are taking resources away from the godless worthless heathens and using it for the lords people.

Hormones in food have been linked with girls going through puberty at an earlier age but there's nothing to suggest that they cause women to conceive children closer together. However, women in Biblical times had a natural source of family planning in that women in agricultural cultures tend to exclusively breastfeed their children much longer than most women in the U.S. do.

There is also the fact that modern Western women have better nutrition available. When the body is lacking in nutrients and calories, usually women end up not having a menstrual cycle or not having a regular one.

this pisses me off, too. They think they can judge who "really" deserves it and who are lazy mooching bums, and that their tax dollars shouldn't have to go to supporting the lazy moochie ones. But where is her respect for the people who think that she is the lazy mooching bum who keeps popping out kids like the stereotypical crack-addict mother? She doesn't ask anyone else if they want their tax dollars going to support her lifestyle. But, oh yeah, GOD is behind her, so it must be okay to "steal" from others through taxes to support that. God's plan, I guess? :?

I thought that fundies all belong to churches that step up to take care of their own, and support members who are going through hard times, yadda yadda yadda. I've seen Jacinda from Growing Home lecture about that a few times- she doesn't need a "back up plan" because good Christian women NEVER have to support themselves because the church will do it if their husbands die or become disabled or whatnot. Why isn't Kristina relying on her church to fund her births and other needs? Could it be that when fundies say that the church supports struggling families, widowed mothers, etc, and as such there is no need for public welfare services they are full of shit? Hmmmmm....

What about those who homechurch? Who supports them when times are tough?

Kristina is a perfect example of the cycle of poverty and under educating the next generation. Her poor children will be lucky to be literate enough to work at Walmart someday.

I wonder what is up with her siblings, the brother whose wife is also basically a broodmare and Michelle who seems smart enough to get out of the cycle.

Michelle just had another baby after like...3 or 4 miscarriages within a few months of getting married. She was out but the mom mentioned on her blog that the husband is a good man because he "keeps her in church".

Wait, here's the actual quote. From June 2011: i"Also our daughter Michelle married a wonderful man named Aaron. We love him!!! He is keeping her in church and treats her like a queen. She deserves and needs a man like Aaron in her life. He loves Michael as if he were his own son too. That is a HUGE plus for Michelle and for us too!!! Since getting married on March 11th they have been expecting twice and both resulted in miscarriages. We are praying that the next pregnancy will take and be okay when she gets pregnant again. She is very happy and although she has miscarried twice she is trusting the Lord for another baby when the Lord allows."

Michelle just had another baby after like...3 or 4 miscarriages within a few months of getting married. She was out but the mom mentioned on her blog that the husband is a good man because he "keeps her in church".

Is that code for "beats the shit out of her so she doesn't leave the cult"?

And who is Michael?

Wait, here's the actual quote. From June 2011: i"Also our daughter Michelle married a wonderful man named Aaron. We love him!!! He is keeping her in church and treats her like a queen. She deserves and needs a man like Aaron in her life. He loves Michael as if he were his own son too. That is a HUGE plus for Michelle and for us too!!! Since getting married on March 11th they have been expecting twice and both resulted in miscarriages. We are praying that the next pregnancy will take and be okay when she gets pregnant again. She is very happy and although she has miscarried twice she is trusting the Lord for another baby when the Lord allows."

I remember discussing the two miscarriages in three months.

It's a "plus" that he loves the kid? She would have settled for someone who hated Michael, but Aaron likes him so that's a plus. :doh:

and, yeah. "Keeping her in the church"? Sounds like he drags her by her hair every Sunday. Poor girl, I hope she breaks free again and it sticks this time.

I keep seeing mentions of Kristina having to use a wheelchair while she was pregnant with the twins and this is proof that her body is too worn out to have kids, but I don't agree this is true. She only used a wheelchair the last two weeks she was pregnant with the twins--her pregnancy pictures show that her stomach was extremely big. Depending on how your body is proportioned, you can be tall yet have a short torso meaning you don't have a lot of room in your abdominal cavity for two babies to grow (so not only are the babies pressing on your bladder, but on your lungs making it hard to breathe as well)--this happened to my friend when she had twins. If you have a tilted uterus, the babies can be pressing on your spine, too, making it a lot harder to walk.

From reading this thread, I got the impression Kristina was so sick we was confined to a wheelchair all the time, when that's not the case.

I've done a lot of genealogy on my extended family during the 1880s-1920s in rural Nebraska. The average family size there was 9 kids, with one family of 16. Others had no kids at all--infertility? The 1910 census asks all women: how many total children have you had, and how many of those are still living? (Also asks everyone's occupation and other interesting stuff).

There were a lot less stillbirths and children dying early than I expected--2 year gaps in between mostly. It was a rural area which probably made a difference. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to look up your great-grandparents and report back the stats on another thread.

I keep seeing mentions of Kristina having to use a wheelchair while she was pregnant with the twins and this is proof that her body is too worn out to have kids, but I don't agree this is true. She only used a wheelchair the last two weeks she was pregnant with the twins--her pregnancy pictures show that her stomach was extremely big. Depending on how your body is proportioned, you can be tall yet have a short torso meaning you don't have a lot of room in your abdominal cavity for two babies to grow (so not only are the babies pressing on your bladder, but on your lungs making it hard to breathe as well)--this happened to my friend when she had twins. If you have a tilted uterus, the babies can be pressing on your spine, too, making it a lot harder to walk.

From reading this thread, I got the impression Kristina was so sick we was confined to a wheelchair all the time, when that's not the case.

But she does have her mother living with her to help her raise the three kids she has now. This is not the sign of a healthy young woman.

I've done a lot of genealogy on my extended family during the 1880s-1920s in rural Nebraska. The average family size there was 9 kids, with one family of 16. Others had no kids at all--infertility? The 1910 census asks all women: how many total children have you had, and how many of those are still living? (Also asks everyone's occupation and other interesting stuff).

There were a lot less stillbirths and children dying early than I expected--2 year gaps in between mostly. It was a rural area which probably made a difference. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to look up your great-grandparents and report back the stats on another thread.

in countries with no access to contraception and a lot of poverty rates of children per woman are about 6-8 I think. It means that some women are infertile and will never have any, some are super fertile like Duggars and have a shitload, then others have a medium fertility and have a wider space between kids, just because for some people it takes several cycles to get pregnant. It's all a balance, Courtney at Sweet Tea and Buttermilk seems to be very fertile, Kristina might just be a bit less.

Look at the Maxwells, they have more space between children and it counts towards the general mean too.

I am sure this has been discussed before, but WHY did she choose that insane spelling for her girl twin???

Okay, I have a Reagan that is deliberately mispelled *because* she was named for my great-grandmother's maiden name. It was mispelled when they were processed at Ellis Island and I had to think long and hard and ultimately decided to stick with the family heritage instead of the proper spelling. However, her spelling is NOT how I have seen immigration mispellings, so *is* she just trying to be trendy, can she not spell, or does she have an actual reason?

I have NEVER seen it spelled Raegan. It just looks painful.

Archived