IGNORED

Reclaiming Beauty starts tonight -live snark at 8 eastern

meda

Super vague.

"Be pretty. But don't obsess about being pretty because that's vanity. But don't wear denim frumpers and be proud of dressing ugly because that's vanity, too. But make sure you're pretty because PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU!"

I'd like to ask them what they think of women who pin ugly polyester doilies to the back of their heads and call it "headcovering." I've always thought if one had to do that, full out hijab would be much prettier. I wonder if they'll address headcovering at all.

Now I'm going to return to my much more engaging lectures on ancient Rome.

Of course they will address headcoverings - they are required by daddy dearest to always push "women are lesser than men" propaganda all the time. They will say that you don't have to wear an actual scarf or anything, long hair is your covering.

SO GROW YOUR HAIR LONG HEATHEN FEMINIST!

And yes, very vague and full of semi double talk. "You need to be pretty, because we are a witness to others. But don't focus TOO much on being pretty, because that's vain! But don't be ugly either. But don't follow The World's version of beauty."

Slightly... confused... :-P Just throwing this out there.... not sure it's worth the cost of admission. :mrgreen:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this sounded even worse than I thought it would be. Props to you guys for subjecting yourselves to this shite.

I am logging on late, but if we're still playing, I'm wearing jeans that smell too much like my crotch when I cross my legs. Will the Botkins be covering cleanliness and the importance of not smelling like a wanton whore from your own juices?

Thanks to all for taking this one for the team. I never could have taken that tripe and I've sat through a ton of fundie weddings, online, naturally.

Baseball tee, yoga pants, moccasins. Soon to change into Vicky's Secret 3/4 length lavender nightshirt with navy sleeve caps and collar trim (just transitioned from the thin, lacy-strapped number a few nights ago when I almost froze to death). No underwear.

What a load of drivel! I attended a webinar today that was highly practical and useful, addressing tips and tricks for putting together regional tours and itineraries for performing arts companies. It was run by a woman working outside the home, instructing men without being supervised! Botkinettes, maybe you should view a few of these to get some tips for next time so your computer doesn't die of boredom.

Stained crew t-shirt from a show hubby worked on, undies, with a cat as a belly-warmer.

Thanks to your avatar I am picturing this on Alan Rickman. :lol:

Just caught up this morning, can't believe I missed the live snark :( (although from the sound of it I didn't miss much.) Thanks for the mental picture of Alan Rickman as "naughty librarian" I'm still laughing.... :lol: Starting the day off with a Win!

(green sweatpants, no bra (btw: fuck you, gravity!) really old crocs, and really old holey pink tee-shirt.)

Thank you all for the summary. Now I don't have to have a moment's regret that I couldn't listen along.

Gym shoes that really need to be replaced, socks with kitties on them, patterned black pantyhose with a huge hole in the thigh thanks to the cat using her claws on it, jeans (the Target house brand), white belt, ratty old t-shirt, even rattier and older underwear, rainbow-striped sweater from the Gap,

I wanted to listen, but I didn't get home till almost 10.

Black shirt, long black skirt, black&white&gray striped knee socks, black tennis shoes. I'm wandering around the library answering questions all day, so I want to be kind to my feet.

I don't have teh sexay glasses. Is my Naughty Librarian card revoked?

Bumping to report that the Botkinettes have made the first session, lousy sound and all, available to anyone who can bear to sit through it. Lots of pics of A-S and E at various ages, the basic jist being "We were so frumpy before, but oh just look at us now that we've seen the light." Wearing jeans and communing with farm animals somehow = not paying full homage to what God wants...or something like that. Bonus pic of sis-in-law Audri at an advanced stage of pregnancy, still managing to look downright adorable. (Hint: use click and drag to fast-forward through the boring parts.)

Oh my, how did I miss this?

Steel-toed rubber boots, wool work socks, grey sweats, flannel shirt, faded jack-shirt, black bra, pink grandma underpants, motocross goggles, diamond earrings.

Well, I guess I fail as a "Lady" according to the Botkins, because I cut off all my hair yesterday to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Goodbye, long hair, hello chin length!

I guess I'm just a heathen feminist, y'all.

Audri looks good all the time :)

I'm worried that I need to be a good steward of my face and hair. They normally do their own thing, sometimes "rewarding" me with a show of spots :lol:

I'm also tempted to write in with a question about how someone should deal Biblically with vitiligo. I haz it, leading to multicoloured hair in various places (where the patches are, my hair is white - I have white eyelashes too).

I don't fit into their beauty idea either.

I wear a hat outside because melanoma runs in the family and I want to protect myself. That and I like hats.

Well, I guess I fail as a "Lady" according to the Botkins, because I cut off all my hair yesterday to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Goodbye, long hair, hello chin length!

I guess I'm just a heathen feminist, y'all.

Mine goes down to my shoulders.

I don't fit into their beauty idea either.

I wear a hat outside because melanoma runs in the family and I want to protect myself. That and I like hats.

Mine goes down to my shoulders.

Wait, are they anti-hat? I downloaded the silly presentation but was turned off by their speaking style so muted and looked at the pictures. I did not see anything against hats! I have extremely pale skin and it's not just melanoma that runs in our family. All the skin cancers in their glorious God-given forms seem to love us. My hat collection is massive.

God helps the pale who help themselves to wide-brimmed hats.

Everyone who sat through that thudfuckery is amazing in my books.

Oh yeah, jeans, t shirt, sweatshirt, cute socks with dots.

I tried...I really did. Even though I FF'ed through a ton of it, I still couldn't make it to the finish line.

Their thesis was in the middle of the damn thing; the shit about approving jewelery and dress "pleasing to the Lord" after showing themselves in sweaters and jeans (not good enough).

It's pathetic how these cults (Dougie, Gothard, down to Bots and Duggars) are all jostling for a piece of the modesty pie. For cash, of course...God Bless 'Murrika. *snicker*

Does it really take $19.K to produce a seven-session webinar? And how convenient that it is seven sessions, God's perfect number. :roll:

Bumping thread to report that, once again, the sheeple oops, paying customers, are reporting login problems on the webinar's Facebook page. Oh dear.

I love how, "Are they anti-hat?" didn't sound immediately ridiculous. It's almost plausible that they would be against something as ridiculous and arbitrary as hats.

Is it possible to be too pride-full about being "un-vain?" :think: My curious mind wants to know.

Archived